Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

At this point, they are going to have to take a monster portal class to address the OLine. If they have skill position defections, they will have to hit that hard as well. Nobody is coming to play for Jimbo, and if the current team is splintering anyway they almost have to make a change. Haynes King isn't walking through that door to save them.Ā 

Well good for aggy then that theyā€™ve shown a great understanding of the portal and NIL and know how to leverage both to their advantage
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

"Smoke"? You guys need to go back and watch the play where Moss got hurt. It looked Willis McGahee-esque. They didn't show a replay and they went to extended commercials. I get that Fisher waxed positive about him not needing surgery, but he did the same about Weigman. I assume the guy has to be done.

Regarding Johnson, the player would also need to want to come back. People on the ATM side are indicating that he's completely done.Ā 

Watching the back and forth between Johnson and Jimbo on the sideline - you could tell that kid was done with Jimbo's bullshit.Ā  Jimbo screaming at him and Johnson trying to explain that he doesn't have time to do a god damn thing behind the shitty OL the staff put together.

The next question is does Stewart sit out the rest of the year?Ā  Does he want to go out there and try to catch passes from QB3 in the hopes of making it to the Gasparilla Bowl?

• Like 1

Spoiler
3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm too busy today to bring much more over from this amusing thread on Texags about their status as a coaching destination.

image.png.d483c7bd5200c0a5ec56d3a7633bdf93.png

Dennis "Frantastic" Francione wanted out of Bama. They were a mess at the time. Not exactly like luring away Saban.

Jimbo? Stolen? We all know the story there. He was just a few seconds away from getting a boot mark on his ass.

image.png.c19144a305271ceed1b31aafcf351543.png

1 True. A&M is an agent's dream.

2 Facilities! Facilities! Facilities!

Gee, I wish I could live in a paradise like College Station and be in constant awe of what Kyle Field is.Ā 

Ā 

looks like someone could use a reminder on what the term flagship means and how many there are

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Dan Pastorini played with broken ribs and a punctured lung and he was just a heathen womanizer. Johnson will play as he owes it to virtuous aggys everywhere. Just put him in a flak jacket and send him out there Jimbo!

Former Oilers quarterback Dan Pastorini famously wore a flak jacket designed by an Oilers fan to protect his broken ribs while he played in several games for the Oilers, including a playoff win over the Miami Dolphins.

Both those guys are probably 25 years old in that photo. Hard living.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RabidM said:

meh, we don't want the wheels to completely fall off. They might really bite the bullet and fire him.Ā  Jimbo could have a mini bounce back year next season with a new OL coach and some portal luck.

I think this is true, but I could also see them ending the year at 8-4. Ms State is really really terrible. Abilene Christian is no App State. And LSU, while I expect them to beat the ole ags, they actually arenā€™t that good. Itā€™s likely 7-5, but that lsu game is the ag Super Bowl this year and lsu is a ladies basketball school.Ā 
Ā 

edit: also I fully admit and celebrate that weā€™re a volleyball school.Ā 

Edited by Gucci_Suit

11 hours ago, CHIEF said:

I actually think Jimbo can talk his way into another year. They are 0-3 in one score games with losses to Tennessee, Alabama, and Ole Miss (currently, two top 10 teams, and the fourteenth ranked team). Jimbo will fire Addizio, be given the check to go money whip the best OL coach available, and that next years OL will keep QB1 clean in the pocket for the whole year, and the aggys will reach the CFP. The narrative that aggy could be a one loss team with competent line play isn't completely delusional , but highly unlikely. The problem is that the rats are jumping ship, and even with improved OL play, they are likely to loose so much talent that it still won't affect the W-L column. Losing Stewart, Weigman, Nolan, etc. is going to drop that ceiling like a firefighter in a burning building. This is probably their best case scenario. At least, that is my fantasy.

CHIEF

Also, the problem with even getting a competent OL coach is the players still have to learn to work together which takes a few seasons, as we've clearly seen. It's not "here's an awesome OL coach, go do your magic! Poof! Competent line play". It won't work, so it's pointless, and any OL coach that's worth a shit isn't leaving their current job for a 1 year paycheck when Jizzbo is on his way out Ā by the end of the season.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am guessing the guys bitching about the cherry picking of a certain amount of games to suit a narrative is doing so without a hint of irony while doing that exact thing when talking about playing Texas.

Well, everyone knows early 80's to early 90's was when football mattered.Ā  Not this pussy woke shit that started around 2000.Ā 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am guessing the guys bitching about the cherry picking of a certain amount of games to suit a narrative is doing so without a hint of irony while doing that exact thing when talking about playing Texas.

Well you have to remember they're an all male military school until 19 whatever the fuck they say.

56 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Well you have to remember they're an all male military school until 19 whatever the fuck they say.

This is the easiest myth to disprove. The actual all-male military academies managed to have consistent success in the decades leading up to the integration of women and minorities.Ā 
While aggy was sipping jizz jars during and immediately after WWII, Army was busy winning MNCs in 1944, 45, and 46 (aggy was 7-4, 6-4, 4-6 those years). Navy won one in 1926 (aggy was 5-3 that year). Both teams were fixtures in the polls for the first half of the 20th century, when by aggy logic they should have been handicapped by their all-male military status. It wasnā€™t until the mid-60s that they started to drop off.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

This is the easiest myth to disprove. The actual all-male military academies managed to have consistent success in the decades leading up to the integration of women and minorities.Ā 
While aggy was sipping jizz jars during and immediately after WWII, Army was busy winning MNCs in 1944, 45, and 46 (aggy was 7-4, 6-4, 4-6 those years). Navy won one in 1926 (aggy was 5-3 that year). Both teams were fixtures in the polls for the first half of the 20th century, when by aggy logic they should have been handicapped by their all-male military status. It wasnā€™t until the mid-60s that they started to drop off.Ā 

Well, yeah. While Army was busy playing a boy's game stateside, aggy was storming the beaches of Normandy, blowing up Panzers in North Africa, and carving out glory holes in the fox holes in the Ardennes.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1