Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Lulz.

Texas A&M to explore ways to commemorate rekindled rivalry with UT

As the football world eagerly awaits the clash between the Aggies and the Longhorns, a new committee will play a pivotal role in shaping the way fans from both sides celebrate this momentous occasion.
As the football world eagerly awaits the clash between the Aggies and the Longhorns, a new...
As the football world eagerly awaits the clash between the Aggies and the Longhorns, a new committee will play a pivotal role in shaping the way fans from both sides celebrate this momentous occasion.(KBTX)
Published: Nov. 9, 2023 at 4:13 PM CST|Updated: 4 hours ago

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - The Texas A&M University Board of Regents on Thursday directed Interim President Mark A. Welsh III to form an exploratory committee to study and recommend ways to appropriately commemorate the return of the university’s storied football rivalry with The University of Texas at Austin.

The move is a nod to the intense anticipation that has built up over the 12-year hiatus, leaving Aggies and Longhorns alike eagerly anticipating the revival of a rivalry that has been embraced for generations.

UT and the University of Oklahoma will leave the Big 12 Conference next year and officially become part of the Southeastern Conference, which Texas A&M joined in 2012. The committee will serve in an advisory capacity as it considers a range of possibilities.

Welsh expressed his enthusiasm for the committee’s upcoming work and plans to select and charge the committee in the near future.

“I look forward to seeing what the students, staff, faculty, and former students on this committee come up with. After being dormant for 12 years, I know Aggies and Longhorns all over the world are ready to rekindle the passion, camaraderie, and competitive spirit that has defined this rivalry game in the past. It will be great to have the ‘Horns back in Aggieland next Fall. It will be even better to “Saw ‘Em Off!”

Although the two schools may be opponents on the field, students and alum have come together in tougher times.

Recently, the rivalry was paused, when alumni of the University of Texas joined Aggies in the annual cleaning of the Bonfire Memorial site.

“Rivalries don’t matter when it comes to selfless service and loss,” said Amanda Neel, collections manager for the galleries. “The Texas Exes’ participation in this year’s cleaning shows how greatly the collapse of the Bonfire affected not only the A&M community but Texas as a whole.”

Read more about the partnership here and read about Bonfire remembrance at bonfire.tamu.edu.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Getafix said:

Lulz.

Texas A&M to explore ways to commemorate rekindled rivalry with UT

As the football world eagerly awaits the clash between the Aggies and the Longhorns, a new committee will play a pivotal role in shaping the way fans from both sides celebrate this momentous occasion.
As the football world eagerly awaits the clash between the Aggies and the Longhorns, a new...
As the football world eagerly awaits the clash between the Aggies and the Longhorns, a new committee will play a pivotal role in shaping the way fans from both sides celebrate this momentous occasion.(KBTX)
Published: Nov. 9, 2023 at 4:13 PM CST|Updated: 4 hours ago

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - The Texas A&M University Board of Regents on Thursday directed Interim President Mark A. Welsh III to form an exploratory committee to study and recommend ways to appropriately commemorate the return of the university’s storied football rivalry with The University of Texas at Austin.

The move is a nod to the intense anticipation that has built up over the 12-year hiatus, leaving Aggies and Longhorns alike eagerly anticipating the revival of a rivalry that has been embraced for generations.

UT and the University of Oklahoma will leave the Big 12 Conference next year and officially become part of the Southeastern Conference, which Texas A&M joined in 2012. The committee will serve in an advisory capacity as it considers a range of possibilities.

Welsh expressed his enthusiasm for the committee’s upcoming work and plans to select and charge the committee in the near future.

“I look forward to seeing what the students, staff, faculty, and former students on this committee come up with. After being dormant for 12 years, I know Aggies and Longhorns all over the world are ready to rekindle the passion, camaraderie, and competitive spirit that has defined this rivalry game in the past. It will be great to have the ‘Horns back in Aggieland next Fall. It will be even better to “Saw ‘Em Off!”

Although the two schools may be opponents on the field, students and alum have come together in tougher times.

Recently, the rivalry was paused, when alumni of the University of Texas joined Aggies in the annual cleaning of the Bonfire Memorial site.

“Rivalries don’t matter when it comes to selfless service and loss,” said Amanda Neel, collections manager for the galleries. “The Texas Exes’ participation in this year’s cleaning shows how greatly the collapse of the Bonfire affected not only the A&M community but Texas as a whole.”

Read more about the partnership here and read about Bonfire remembrance at bonfire.tamu.edu.

What fucking Texas Exes are participating in that shit? Are they here on a student/work visa and don’t know any better? 

• Hook 'Em 1

My guess is that the Aggie aim is to establish themselves as equal in stature to UT, a co-flagship as it were.

Two great giants of the college football world clashing every year! Two storied programs, equals among midgets!

Either way, I don't care. I recognize the rivalry, of course, but they can try to puff themselves up however they want. They're not fooling anybody. They're afraid of somebody.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

My guess is that the Aggie aim is to establish themselves as equal in stature to UT, a co-flagship as it were.

Two great giants of the college football world clashing every year! Two storied programs, equals among midgets!

Either way, I don't care. I recognize the rivalry, of course, but they can try to puff themselves up however they want. They're not fooling anybody. They're afraid of somebody.

Yup, an obvious and poorly veiled attempt to promote the idea of an equal share in stature, relative to The University of Texas.

As always, if it weren't for stolen valor, they'd have no valor at all.

Anyway, it don't make a shit.  Nobody's fooled.

15 hours ago, WBT said:

whoa, that deadspin link still works, complete with outtakes.  I thought this video was off the internet for awhile

https://deadspin.com/texas-a-m-made-a-really-sad-video-because-they-just-wan-5923148

Man that thing is cringe. They didn't even add any background music or anything so they just look like a bunch of dorks in a dark room cheering on other schools. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 1

Wait, do some aggy truly believe we dodged playing them in bowl games? Both times it was possible (maybe more, don't remember) we accepted the invite BEFORE the SEC team. How tf was it possible for us to dodge anyone back then when in reality it was Slive protecting the brand by choosing what he thought was the most favorable matchups? The only SEC team in Texas losing to the flagship school from another conference wouldn't have been a good look...no matter that our teams back then were worse than aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

When he says "the win,' does he mean the hypothetical win against Texas? Because surely there isn't any other win they can point to right now.

So delusional and battered that a single win over Texas will change their trajectory. 

But we also suck at the same time.

These people are mentally challenged 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not sure anything describes the rivalry in such stark relief as the band performances during halftime of the last game. 

wish that would get some action around the cfb online world to remind everyone of how each university comports itself, as aggy tries to reframe it. 

Please remind me I have only vague recollections. 

Everyone in the SEC is well aware there are only a handful of people alive who truly remember their last championship, but even those people were a bit too young at the time to actually be at the game or pay attention to the radio.

Radio..lol
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

12095118.png

Surely this isn't an actual thing right? Their entire strategy centers around beating us in one game to cure all of the shit in their program and then they have no plans after that? Perhaps the program becomes cool again? This thing is headed for a decade of 5 win seasons.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Surely this isn't an actual thing right? Their entire strategy centers around beating us in one game to cure all of the shit in their program and then they have no plans after that? Perhaps the program becomes cool again? This thing is headed for a decade of 5 win seasons.

Someone needs to warn sark what this shit is here. From dinesh Patel to what pato just shared to their burning desire to beat us. This is a rivalry but it’s an odd one and the only way to handle it is to bury them. We don’t get much for the win but silence and we lose so much when we let those weirdos win.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

I just want to know what sort of figures boosters will be forced to pony up just to keep their recruiting class mostly intact with a publicly lame duck coach.

Of course it will be chump change compared to shitcanning Jimbo, but some teenage boys are about to hit the lottery before ever proving they have what it takes for P5 CFB.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/10/2023 at 5:59 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

What fucking Texas Exes are participating in that shit? Are they here on a student/work visa and don’t know any better? 

If our game at TAMU is played Thanksgiving weekend, you can be sure they’ll make a big deal about the 25th anniversary of the bonfire collapse. 

11 hours ago, Vertigo said:

You must be new here. Prior to 2012, aggy always played a 1 game season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm still trying to make sense of this and am wondering if I'm missing something.  The program is a complete dumpster fire with a lame duck coach, so if we keep him, it'll help us beat Texas?  You do you, aggy.

It’s going to be a trap game for us if we aren’t careful. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm still trying to make sense of this and am wondering if I'm missing something.  The program is a complete dumpster fire with a lame duck coach, so if we keep him, it'll help us beat Texas?  You do you, aggy.

They think a rebuild would ensure they’d lose to us. Checking the series history, kicking off against us usually ensures they lose. It will be their jihad game. 

Regardless, they don’t have the money to fire him. That’s why they extended their coaches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Funny thing is how they think they “mandated” to the SEC that the first meeting HAD to be at aggy. Hell, there was only a 50-50 choice/decision, then the opposite takes place going forward. According to aggy, they should host at least the next 6-8 matchups! SEC senior member and etc.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Looking forward to the posts demonstrating that the roller coaster is back to full ascent mode.  You know they’re coming after tonight’s aggy cakewalk against MissSU. 24 was always the year!

ACU may well be better than MissSU. Klan aggy was horrifically bad.