Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Once Paul Chryst takes the Iowa job, Jimbo is going to join Sark's Home for Wayward Ex-Coaches , and become an analyst for Texas.
As absurd as this sounds, if we keep having success and Saban eventually retires...I could see Sark keeping the coach rehab program going. He's very open and honest about Saban believing in him changing the course of his life. He already has a decent tree going, two position coaches going on to coordinator and HC jobs, and I have a feeling we lose a couple more if we keep this thing rolling to the end.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:
On 12/22/2023 at 2:49 PM, Hornlover said:
Once Paul Chryst takes the Iowa job, Jimbo is going to join Sark's Home for Wayward Ex-Coaches , and become an analyst for Texas. emoji869.pngemoji869.pngemoji869.png

As absurd as this sounds, if we keep having success and Saban eventually retires...I could see Sark keeping the coach rehab program going. He's very open and honest about Saban believing in him changing the course of his life.

It's genuinely touching when Sark talks about it, and it reflects well on Saban who is generally viewed as more machine than human.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

For anyone who hasn't listened/watch, the Pivot podcast with Sark is an absolute must.

Didn’t really have an hour to watch the whole thing, but couldn’t turn it off.  Thanks for posting.  How lucky are we to have him as our coach.  I wonder if Del Conte and those involved in hiring him knew what they had when they pulled the trigger to get him on board.  If so, hats off to them.  I also got the feeling that Sark knew what he had with this team (obviously recorded prior to this season) when he made the interview.

• Hook 'Em 7

5 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

According to 247Sports’ Jeff Tarpley, sophomore wide receiver Noah Thomas will miss the matchup for undisclosed reasons, closing the book on his 2023 season after appearing in nine games while recording 29 receptions for 353 yards and five touchdowns, including his opening season three touchdown performance in the win vs. New Mexico.

While some will attempt to take a deep dive into Thomas’s reasons for missing the game, remember that, through NIL sponsor Texas Aggies United, Thomas announced his return for the 2024 season earlier this month. While Thomas’s absence will certainly hinder the Aggies’ passing production against the Cowboys, it will now be up to Moose Muhammad III, Jahdae Walker, and freshman Micah Tease to steer the ship, at least on Wednesday night.

Betting line last Thursday afternoon (12/22) when I told my gambling addict friend to lay money down on Okie State…

image.thumb.jpeg.afdc37de9dc72c186e2c3e45b8df0b8b.jpeg

Betting line from a few hours ago (late Tuesday evening, 12/26) that I just found after reading about A&M’s latest opt out at 1:30am (12/27)…

IMG_1358.thumb.jpeg.dfcb721bcd00d92d8b8a8e660a3c9287.jpeg

Last week I told my friend that I had thought that Okie State would be favored -5, but when I saw that Okie State was +2, I felt the need to let him know.

For over 25 years, when I’ve seen a line that I felt looked totally wrong, I’ve let him know. I am not always right, but A&M being favored while their program was decomposing before our eyes seemed bizarre.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, PTINS said:

I real look at the man, not just the coach.  I humble, multi-faceted man, that has faced adversity, been forced to look deep within himself, given a second chance in life, and came out the other side.

Way to make it all about yourself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Here’s the deal said:

Didn’t really have an hour to watch the whole thing, but couldn’t turn it off.  Thanks for posting.  How lucky are we to have him as our coach.  I wonder if Del Conte and those involved in hiring him knew what they had when they pulled the trigger to get him on board.  If so, hats off to them.  I also got the feeling that Sark knew what he had with this team (obviously recorded prior to this season) when he made the interview.

IIRC, I read/heard that among all the coaches Saban had on his staff, and he had a lot of very good coaches, he valued Sark the most and was planning on having him take over at Alabama after he retires. Saban said that Sark was the best at connecting with players.

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, AeroHorn said:

IIRC, I read/heard that among all the coaches Saban had on his staff, and he had a lot of very good coaches, he valued Sark the most and was planning on having him take over at Alabama after he retires. Saban said that Sark was the best at connecting with players.

That's a good story and all, but Saban doesn't speak much about succession. He's Hyman Roth and secretly believes that he's going to live forever. Unless you have a link where he's discussing it in an interview, that part of what you heard is likely bullshit. I have friends that have been at Bama longer than anyone else and they don't think he's got a clock ticking.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That's a good story and all, but Saban doesn't speak much about succession. He's Hyman Roth and secretly believes that he's going to live forever. Unless you have a link where he's discussing it in an interview, that part of what you heard is likely bullshit. I have friends that have been at Bama longer than anyone else and they don't think he's got a clock ticking.

I also feel like Sark is giving Saban way too much credit for saving his career.  While he probably did jump start Sark’s career when nobody else would, I’m guessing Saban didn’t do it because he’s got a big heart - he did it because he wants to win and knew Sark was a great offensive mind who could help his team win championships.  Now if he goes out and rescues Jimbo, I might change my mind.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Here’s the deal said:

I also feel like Sark is giving Saban way too much credit for saving his career.  While he probably did jump start Sark’s career when nobody else would, I’m guessing Saban didn’t do it because he’s got a big heart - he did it because he wants to win and knew Sark was a great offensive mind who could help his team win championships.  Now if he goes out and rescues Jimbo, I might change my mind.

Sarkisian never claimed that Saban did it altruistically. No one else was willing, at the time, to hire his great offensive mind. 

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

GCY9YNvXAAAUNrK?format=jpg&name=large

"...the glory at A&M is like no other..." Again, these chuckle fucks simply defy satire. That quote belongs at the entrance to the very font of glory, their delusional and drafty (from all that empty space) Hall of Champions.

"There is no better defensive coach than coach Elko." Jeepers, this shit again!  Hire: 'We love Coach X. There is no one greater than Coach X." Fire: "We hate Coach X. He has failed the greatest fan base in the world."  Hire: 'We love Coach Y. There is no one greater than Coach Y." Rinse and repeat.

"Then, Texas A&M will take care of you after the NFL."  Seriously? I would hope Shemar has goals a little loftier than that. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don't remember where I read that but found couple of links indicating it.

https://247sports.com/article/nick-saban-suggested-steve-sarkisian-could-succeed-him-as-alabama-football-coach-john-talty-reports-215632206/

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2021/01/11/joel-klatt-steve-sarkisian-had-an-agreement-to-succeed-nick-saban-at-alabama/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1