Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

7 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

What happened to the player(lineman?) who got caught with a large amount a while back?

Smart Chibuzo medically retired last year and got arrested dealing this year. He never left C-Stat.

https://brazostx.mugshots.zone/chibuzo-smart-mugshot-01-20-2023/

@KBTXRusty
On Friday, College Station police executed a search warrant on a home on Spring Loop & found psilocybin mushrooms, cocaine, THC, LSD, digital scales, and packaging material.

Smart Chibuzo, 21, and 23-year-old Draylon Floyd were arrested.

Edited by BornAndRaised
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I love that the answer to the question

"Who was the aggy lineman that got caught with a bunch of drugs"

is

"You're going to have to be more specific than that"

...and that's fair.

Can't remember for sure but I want to say it was like 4lbs or so.

Edited by SHOOTER12

7 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Smart Chibuzo medically retired last year and got arrested dealing this year. He never left C-Stat.

https://brazostx.mugshots.zone/chibuzo-smart-mugshot-01-20-2023/

@KBTXRusty
On Friday, College Station police executed a search warrant on a home on Spring Loop & found psilocybin mushrooms, cocaine, THC, LSD, digital scales, and packaging material.

Smart Chibuzo, 21, and 23-year-old Draylon Floyd were arrested.

That wasn't very smart...

• Haha 1

image.png.8f810fda8c6e2851309e2f3a4b0c0e95.png

1 That's why Texas' rushing attack was so weak last year. It all goes through the QB. Genius.

2 It's the only rational conclusion after 12 practices. They were right about Ewers. They also realized how bad Simms was when he was beating their ass. Nothing shrill about this post.

3 Yes. Everyone was watching the Texas Spring Game during the commercial breaks of the Aggie Spring Game. The writing has been all the wall forever. Stupid rankings. Listen to Aggy! They never lie.

• Hook 'Em 2

Every time I read this thread, it forces me to rethink what is even possible in a culture born out of a large number of humans of average intelligence. The typical Kool-Aid/Jonestown metaphor doesn't really do aggy justice. The closest analogy I can think of is this. Rather than a single Japanese man living and refusing to surrender in the jungle on a remote island in the Philippines for 29 years under the belief that WW2 is still ongoing, imagine instead that it's an entire university. That's aggy

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

Every time I read this thread, it forces me to rethink what is even possible in a culture born out of a large number of humans of average intelligence. The typical Kool-Aid/Jonestown metaphor doesn't really do aggy justice. The closest analogy I can think of is this. Rather than a single Japanese man living and refusing to surrender in the jungle on a remote island in the Philippines for 29 years under the belief that WW2 is still going on, imagine instead that it's an entire university. That's aggy

shocked the princess bride GIF

9 hours ago, Getafix said:

Weigman 7-19

Weigman

- first half 10-24

- second half 7-16

- full game 17-40

Bunch of dumb questions….

How the hell is he under 50% in both halves knowing that there is absolutely no real LBs and so there should be a gaping hole in the middle of the field? 

How do you get him 40 pass attempts in a Spring game? So either Petrino is stepping on the gas and they are actually getting the ball snapped fairly quick or the first half/second half clock was completely imaginary.

I get getting kids reps in the spring game and him being in a no contact jersey, but anyone have any idea how often the DL was actually allowed to go all out in pass rush. If he was back there running for his life on most plays, those numbers sorta make sense. If not, why not as the completion percentage so low?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Imagine holding those two thoughts together in your head at the same time and believing them. Cognitive dissonance barely does it justice, it’s like we need a new word or phrase that combines cognitive dissonance and schizophrenia. 

Right, words don’t exist (in English anyway) to describe it. I think I first realized this in earnest when I witnessed them trying to rationalize the 2005 season. If asked, they’d tell you that VY wasn’t even a real QB, Mack was a bad coach, and the rest of the players were overrated. But they’d also say that the success of any of those three entities (VY, Mack, rest of team) was made possible only by their being buoyed by other two (who they’d discredit if taken individually). It truly was (and remains) a step beyond just regular, everyday cognitive dissonance.

• Hook 'Em 7

10 minutes ago, ousux said:

Gigem314 with the Chris Simms 2.0 sick burn. It's almost like the gumps convinced themselves Simms was terrible simply because he had real competition for the starting job and never led the team to the MNC. emoji85.png

I mean, you’re right…calling someone “Chris Simms 2.0”, and believing that this is somehow a negative thing/implies failure, is fucking idiotic; but in fairness to these dipshits, half of our own fan base would think the same thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

26 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean, you’re right…calling someone “Chris Simms 2.0”, and believing that this is somehow a negative thing/implies failure, is fucking idiotic; but in fairness to these dipshits, half of our own fan base would think the same thing. 

They’ve decided to believe that every game he played was just like the 2001 ccg, which conveniently enough for them ignores the multiple absolute ass beatings he put on them. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

No, they’re not even remotely under that impression. It’s worse. They’re just, with their entire being, emotionally invested in the idea that nothing good can happen at Texas, including a highly ranked player being successful. Because that means that player of worth rejected aTm. Nevermind the same ranking services that rated manning as the best also rated their 2022 class the best of all time, and that class is CLEARLY the best of all time. But the ranking systems are also biased trash.

Imagine holding those two thoughts together in your head at the same time and believing them. Cognitive dissonance barely does it justice, it’s like we need a new word or phrase that combines cognitive dissonance and schizophrenia. 

Cognitive schizonance.  It’s possible to have a reasonable conversation with one single aggie, I’ve done it.   But add a second (or more) and things go aff the rails quick.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, ousux said:

Gigem314 with the Chris Simms 2.0 sick burn. It's almost like the gumps convinced themselves Simms was terrible simply because he had real competition for the starting job and never led the team to the MNC. emoji85.png

- Oh, btw, Simms - the "terrible" QB - went 3-0 against A&M. 

- In two of those games, he absolutely torched them, passing for a combined 650+ yards and 6 TD 0 ints.

Whoop!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread