Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

43 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.857a24719138a5439a09a57c0de2fba0.png

Sure he can beat us. Let's see how he does against 25 teams that are better than us! Beating. Us. Is. No. Big. Deal, asshole!

Nothing much else to cut and paste from @texifornia' excellent work (Longhorn Frenzy, too). The overall impression is just that they're so strange and hateful. There are dissenting voices and plenty of normal people who don't post on Texags, but that site identifies the soul of that school. 

I've never seen anyone let alone a group speak with such vehemence and genuine scorn about another college football fan group. They are genuinely psychotic when it comes to us. Trying to explain this to someone unfamiliar with them is just about impossible. When I explain to my beloved that the A&M - Texas thing is different because of these traits we all know, it just comes across as me deriding any other football rival.

They really believe that every single one of us is an arrogant dickhead who the entire world hates just as they do.

Another thing I notice how their language doesn't change or evolve. Hype is no longer common usage, but they wear it out. Book it! is another tired thing that most normal people don't use to punctuate an opinion anymore. And, of course, the lying and total disregard for reality.

I'm adding nothing new. I just have to stand back from making fun of them to see just how exceptionally hateful and crazy they are.

This is how I view them,  and how I think many of us view them.    They are a caricature of a caricature of a cfb fan base. 

image.jpeg.83f62ba9a486083a4abe28d61ca629ae.jpeg

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is consistent with what I relayed here from people around the ATM program. They didn't run any of "Petrino's stuff" because there was nothing new installed this spring. It's the same shit. This spring was about getting Petrino up to snuff on the Jimbo playbook. 

Just now, texifornia said:

Ft70FV9XoAAyauV?format=jpg&name=medium

Pointing Yes GIF by Peloton

i'm just waiting for the in depth article after the Miami (Game #2) or Auburn (Game #4) verifying how there are minimal changes to the Texas A&M scheme w/ Petrino based on actual game formations.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

FttNUNSX0AErdrs?format=jpg&name=mediumFttNUlKWIAAlLNC?format=jpg&name=mediumFttNU4eXsAAg5DY?format=jpg&name=medium

This story did NOT conclude the way I thought it was going to go. Half way through I thought it was finally an Aggie with some self awareness, but nope, just the same ole rollercoaster. Clickety clack. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Who the fuck is tampering with the aggy OL?

Josh Henson (the OL coach that many of them signed to play for) is now at USC

That really is a crazy coincidence though lol. Your program is one of the most vulnerable to poaching and your old OL coach just happen to leave for the most aggressive tampering team

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

That really is a crazy coincidence though lol. Your program is one of the most vulnerable to poaching and your old OL coach just happen to leave for the most aggressive tampering team

that's just a damn shame 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

plus your current coach is a very well known asshole.

• Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

that's just a damn shame 

1 minute ago, NoName said:

plus your current coach is a very well known asshole.

27 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

shame.gif.dbc3f2cf9fcc3799c4cbbbbcbea0f3aa.gif

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, NoName said:

Zwerneman not being A&M enough for them is so funny to me.

He went to SHSU and played baseball. but he has written 4 books about A&M. covered the team for 15+ years. he was selected as the person to break Texas/OU to the SEC. he broke the Fran "newsletter". was literally named the national beat writer of the year by the Football Writers Association of America in 2021

he literally met his wife at the Dixie Chicken.

Yeah, but does he have a jizz jar?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ritz Bitz is a tiny, angry man living in a bubble. He's going full "Kurtz Up the River" here. He's lost all grip on how the outside world perceives any of their nonsense at ATM and thinks he can just say and do as he damned well pleases because nobody inside his bubble is ever telling him anything but how amazing he is. 

I expect the guy to hold a press conference while he's watering his lawn, shirtless, at some point. He's trending towards doing something like beating a complicit Olin Buchanan's ass in public just to show the world who's boss. We might see him show up on the sidelines wearing a cape and a crown before the end of this calendar year.

Clap Reaction GIF

46 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ritz Bitz is a tiny, angry man living in a bubble. He's going full "Kurtz Up the River" here. He's lost all grip on how the outside world perceives any of their nonsense at ATM and thinks he can just say and do as he damned well pleases because nobody inside his bubble is ever telling him anything but how amazing he is.

Well, they did sort of make him into a demigod over their tribe ("Don't care, got Jimbo"). I can't wait him to snap and scrawl "exterminate the brutes" before pronouncing final judgment of College Station on his deathbed: "The horror! The horror!" Maybe they can add that one to yell practice.

Edited by Tired Horn
typo
  • Like 1

I’ve missed too much but here goes:

1) arch talk. Don’t care what they are saying about his talent or performance. The nil stuff is weird since I believe it was said by his family that he turned down any nil this season?  But not surprisingly they are very certain of the 3 million dollar figure, even have it at 2 sig figs of precision. 

2) guy had a nice in depth analysis of how 6 of their losses could have been wins if only these few things changed. But oddly neglected to discuss what happens if Arkansas doesn’t fumble at the goal line and have it returned for a td, or if the end of the Miami game went a little differently.  That there is already almost half their wins. I’m sure I could fabricate some bullshit to claim lsu was a couple of plays from winning, too. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

- Oh, btw, Simms - the "terrible" QB - went 3-0 against A&M. 
- In two of those games, he absolutely torched them, passing for a combined 650+ yards and 6 TD 0 ints.
Whoop!

I liked Simms. I guess I didn’t recall him starting those three games, since he and Applewhite swapped a bit.

Trivia question: has any qb beat aggy 4 times like Peter the Great did to ou? Without googling I am drawing a blank.

image.png.a6d6532fa8c4dba7f36503b0a0fa99d4.png
correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the first penalty having to do with the hook 'em sign against a TEXAS reciever that threw it up after a touchdown to the fans in the stands?
why wouldn't we ask why the other team can do the horns down in our player's face and not get a penalty after that?

Pretty sure it was one of our players mocking the Tceh guns after a TD and getting a penalty for it during the Mensa years..and then us asking why that's not ok yet horns down is? I could be wrong either way, but the perception that we lobbied to the Big12 to make it a penalty is false aggy wishful thinking...we simply asked for fair officiating. (Not gonna happen in the Rig12 no matter what, but still)
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, ousux said:
20 hours ago, tejas60 said:

image.png.a6d6532fa8c4dba7f36503b0a0fa99d4.png
correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the first penalty having to do with the hook 'em sign against a TEXAS reciever that threw it up after a touchdown to the fans in the stands?
why wouldn't we ask why the other team can do the horns down in our player's face and not get a penalty after that?

Pretty sure it was one of our players mocking the Tceh guns after a TD and getting a penalty for it during the Mensa years..and then us asking why that's not ok yet horns down is? I could be wrong either way, but the perception that we lobbied to the Big12 to make it a penalty is false aggy wishful thinking...we simply asked for fair officiating. (Not gonna happen in the Rig12 no matter what, but still)

This is correct but earlier Mike Davis (I think) got a penalty for doing the horns up as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

This is correct but earlier Mike Davis (I think) got a penalty for doing the horns up as well. 

Video of what started all this bullshit. It was Mike Davis holstering guns, not doing the horns up. Maybe there's something else out there, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread