Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

image.png.d89cfcc45b87caca361ace0a076856a6.png

Negative recruiting? Your product sells itself, man.

image.png.cef16fb55c59411bd4cbc92fb22b9e41.png

I guess the rush of a genius mind overwhelmed his ability to express himself.

image.png.d9b596efc92f239456a3120e8846b754.png

One cannot overstate the achievements of A&M's second string QB!

image.png.5b1f52e0dc1d38cc33ecdd3851ac3a96.png

image.png.e011abd5b0cc91fe9ec8e2445f4412f7.png

Look! I can see the natty from here!

Regarding Petrino:

image.png.218a1d061b0e98b626d583966a6eefab.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

These spares are all the next Manziel/Mahomes, unlike DJ Lagway who is too highly rated to have that scrappy underdogness

FtYMl1YXgBMUW1V?format=jpg&name=mediumFtYMmLrXgAIOb_z?format=jpg&name=mediumFtYMmhUXgBIxAse?format=jpg&name=mediumFtYMmyWX0AAJvNa?format=jpg&name=medium

Good lord. We could write these posts as parody. It's unbelievable how quickly they magnetize towards the "gimme me 3 stars who want to be aggies!" nonsense. Just a pure loser mentality.

I'm not a film guru like some folks here, but I generally get around to watching a bunch of the players that sign with Texas and our enemies each recruiting cycle. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've actually watched a lowly rated player that Texas took instead of the 5 star that they missed on and said "shit, I think the guy Texas signed might actually be better." 

Give me the highest rated guys Texas can sign who aren't pure mercenaries and ATM can have the 2 and 3 star guys who "just want to be an ag" every recruiting cycle, please. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Good lord. We could write these posts as parody. It's unbelievable how quickly they magnetize towards the "gimme me 3 stars who want to be aggies!" nonsense. Just a pure loser mentality.

I'm not a film guru like some folks here, but I generally get around to watching a bunch of the players that sign with Texas and our enemies each recruiting cycle. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've actually watched a lowly rated player that Texas took instead of the 5 star that they missed on and said "shit, I think the guy Texas signed might actually be better." 

Give me the highest rated guys Texas can sign who aren't pure mercenaries and ATM can have the 2 and 3 star guys who "just want to be an ag" every recruiting cycle, please. 

someone needs to go overthere and post the joe wickline recruiting an underrated guy thing but change out the names.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I think the term aggy is looking for when describing 5* guys that don’t want to go to aggy is “uppity.”  They like their 3* guys to be quiet, hard working guys who don’t call attention to themselves. Far better fit for aggy than those uppity 5*s. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Who the fuck is calling ol' Bobby the "best game day play caller in football"?

Sonof36, duh. And tomorrow, a different poster can hold to the aggy code and honestly say "we've all read that Bobby is #1 game day OC in the biz".

It's not a lie if you believe it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Sonof36, duh. And tomorrow, a different poster can hold to the aggy code and honestly say "we've all read that Bobby is #1 game day OC in the biz".

It's not a lie if you believe it.

since when is honesty part of the aggy code?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/10/2023 at 1:34 PM, closetojumping said:

Obviously, you're not familiar with what George Patton said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Fsu was able to get a championship out of his tenure, and was ready, willing, and able to jettison him. 

aggy was the stooge they unloaded him on, paid substantially more, haven’t gotten a National, conference, or division championship, and aren’t able to separate from him. 

not sure who the more delusional are- the ones that think he can still get the job done or the ones that think they can just get rid of him as soon as now. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The fact that they blame the portal and NIL for the woes of the day is so fucking on the nose, chef’s kiss. Nevermind they can’t bring anyone in despite being “rich”, and nevermind other schools seem to be doing just fine retaining kids and attracting portal targets. It’s almost like it’s not the portal that’s the problem. Nah, couldn’t be Jimbo and team culture. It’s the kids that are out of touch for not essentially being trapped at aTm after they sign, unlike the good ole’ days. 

it’s weird, it’s like a culture of people who tacitly approve and miss slavery. The kind of people who would glorify a murdering war criminal with a statue of their campus, revered to this day. Weird. 

The only scenario that scares me about this titanic failure is that it is unraveling too fast. If they shit the bed this season and let Jimbo go, I am worried they are going to fall ass backwards into Jeff Traylor.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

I believe the price to get rid of Jimbo and coaches will still be in the $150-200mm range? They'd be a bigger laughing stock for paying all of that out than having another shitty to mediocre season. They won't have a high rating to fall from. Nobody will care how they're doing. Everybody would be talking about their collosal idiocy of paying out all that money and review the stupid history of how Jimbo got the contract.

It's a no lose situation for us. Trayor? Who cares? It will be him or some other young hungry guy with potential. The hit rate on those hires is remarkably low.

I'll only worry if they get the Richmond head coach because he is clearly brilliant at player development!

5 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

If Petrino is an ambitious and immoral tactician, better equipped at this stage in his career to bully midgets than to slay giants, it is just possible he has a coup already schemed up. That would be a real shame.

I highly doubt this, in order for Petrino to pull off a coup he would need to be wooing some power players at A&M and thus we would be hearing some buzz around Petrino with shotS being  taken at Jimbo from the Aggie media. As @closetojumping pointed out the silence from the propaganda ministry is deafening and it looks more like it’s March 1945 for the Jimbo regime and the Aggie faithful.

2 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

I highly doubt this, in order for Petrino to pull off a coup he would need to be wooing some power players at A&M and thus we would be hearing some buzz around Petrino with shotS being  taken at Jimbo from the Aggie media. As @closetojumping pointed out the silence from the propaganda ministry is deafening and it looks more like it’s March 1945 for the Jimbo regime and the Aggie faithful.

At the moment.

Petrino has been around long enough to know the power players will come to him after the first Jimbo in-season fuck up and initiate the conversation. He literally doesn't have to lift a finger and he's next in line.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

The hobbit is burning aggy to the ground harder than he did FSU, and there are still aggy thinking things aren't a disaster. The jimbo+aggy delusion combo is spectacular

The best part about it is they can't do a damn thing about it and there isn't another Texas A&M out there to take him off their hands.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vertigo said:

The only scenario that scares me about this titanic failure is that it is unraveling too fast. If they shit the bed this season and let Jimbo go, I am worried they are going to fall ass backwards into Jeff Traylor.

Total Buyout:

2023: $76,800,000

2024: $67,550,000

2025: $58,200,000

2026: $48,750,000

2027: $39,200,000

2028: $29,550,000

2029: $19,800,000

2030: $9,950,000

Payout structure below:

If Jimbo is fired this is payout structure(I'm only going next 2 years)

2023: $19,200,00

2024: $16,887,500

120 Days after the payment amount due within 60 days starts the recurring payments start.

Recurring Payment Amount:

2023: $7,200,00

2024: $7,237,500

So within the first 6 months he's due 25% of his buyout plus the recurring payment through 2031.

Total Due Within 6 months:

2023: $26,400,000

2024: $24,125,000

The buyout doesn't get tolerable until 2027ish Now throw in staff buyouts as well and it's not pretty. You'll be looking at anywhere from 35-45 million for the next 2-3 years

Also throw in the fact that through 2031 they would be paying him roughly 6-8 million dollars a year on top of the new coach salary and new staff salary it's hilarious.

Could you imagine firing after 2024 and having to pay your new coach 8-10 million, as they would overpay for that coach too while still paying Jimbo 7.2 million. That's 15-17 million a year in head coach salary lol.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread