Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

16 hours ago, cafe society said:

"As you heard here first where it was first reported by me that I broke this news before anyone."  Holy fuck, that is some incomprehensible gibberish.  I've heard more lucid statements from people who have been smoking incredible shit out of a bong filled with tequila.

I'd pay good money to see an aggy hit a bong filled with tequila. If you don't know why you don't do science. Shit would end up in aggypedia.

19 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Can’t wait to see how much better the Aggy win was than the Texas win against Baylor.

South Carolina’s offense is putrid. I think all their receivers are amputees. Muschamp is not going to make them better. He doesn’t understand the importance of offense. 

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

South Carolina’s offense is putrid. I think all their receivers are amputees. Muschamp is not going to make them better. He doesn’t understand the importance of offense. 

That was part of the joke. I think Baylor could run circles around them (SC). 

Edited by TexasFan21

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Baylor is not a good team, but we were playing with our backup QB who is (a) not a fit for our offense, and (b) not very good anyway.   South Carolina is a mediocre team, and aggy didn't lose its QB to start the game.  Neither game moves the needle much.

And now we have a bye to go hard-sell 6-1.

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

Our biggest threat for guys who want to play in Texas is aggy, then TCU. Our biggest competitor in general is OU. We may be winning ugly, but we are the only 6-1 team and the only one unbeaten in conference on that list. Old ugly is better than old nothing.

I always assume recruits don’t even watch most of the games unless they’re on a visit. 6-1 is great. 

On 10/14/2018 at 1:23 AM, Ricky Butler said:

I always assume recruits don’t even watch most of the games unless they’re on a visit. 6-1 is great. 

Well maybe you've not read any Zach Evans quotes. He breaks the shit down like he's the analyst who has to combat the other analyst's positive points. This dude probably ghost-writes for some big sports publication's college football section. 

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

Well maybe you've not read any Zach Evans quotes. He breaks the shit down like he's the analyst who has to combat the other analyst's positive points. This dude probably ghost-writes for some big sports publication's college football section. 

I try to not read too many quotes. It seems like they feed the content machine more than they offer any insight.

7 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Well, he didn't hate them enough to beat them.....and beating them is the name of the game.

Yep every year we hear the same thing. Boom hates Aggy, he won't allow his team to lose to them. Welp, that's not going well. Not being able to beat Aggy at home is particularly troublesome. 

@ Mississippi State is our best hope of Aggy getting their season ruined. Otherwise, they might not lose again until the end of November. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

11 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yep every year we hear the same thing. Boom hates Aggy, he won't allow his team to lose to them. Welp, that's not going well. Not being able to beat Aggy at home is particularly troublesome. 

@ Mississippi State is our best hope of Aggy getting their season ruined. Otherwise, they might not lose again until the end of November. 

People laughed on here (or rather, the old site), when they got Sternberger, but he turned out to be a total stud and a difference-maker for that team.

The two biggest reasons for A&M struggling this year haven't come to fruition. Both Mond and the OL are playing well above expectations.

The secondary isn't completely horrible either. The next 3 games will ultimately tell the tale, but so far they look like one of the better teams in the SEC this year.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

People laughed on here (or rather, the old site), when they got Sternberger, but he turned out to be a total stud and a difference-maker for that team.

The kid can unfortunately play, and Elko is a very good DC. The 2018 SEC is probably the worst offensive league in generations, but teams can't run on Aggy at all. 

LSU has the horses to exploit the Aggy secondary, but can Burrow get them the ball? 

Bama, Clemson, and maybe LSU are the only teams on Aggy's schedule with functional offenses. 

OU would drop 60 on them without breaking a sweat. 

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The two biggest reasons for A&M struggling this year haven't come to fruition. Both Mond and the OL are playing well above expectations.

The secondary isn't completely horrible either. The next 3 games will ultimately tell the tale, but so far they look like one of the better teams in the SEC this year.

Yep Mond is actually progressing, and their offensive line guards have actually been coached up. The Marine is many things. A psycho. A sadomasochist. A tone deaf sexist. But the man drew a NFL paycheck for a reason. He's a pretty offensive guard coach. 

5 hours ago, Atticus said:

No their secondary is absolute shit but elko is a good DC and has completely shut down the run and other than bama nobody they have played has been worth a shit on offense.

The hope that A&M's season would completely fall apart against the Arkansas, Kentucky, and South Carolina stretch didn't come to fruition, due to a combination of A&M being slightly better than expected, A&M getting extremely lucky in every game, and none of those teams having a functional passing game, or in arkansas' case, a functional anything. Kentucky has the worst P5 QB I've seen this year. 

Alas, it's not a big deal because we're winning and killing all negative recruiting narratives, to the point that teams are now using the depth chart argument. 

I'm not a believer in Jimbo being a championship winner in the SEC West, but they'll be a pain in the ass in regional recruiting for the forseable future. Luckily, our staff isn't beholden to only recruiting regionally. 

• Like 3

The hope that A&M's season would completely fall apart against the Arkansas, Kentucky, and South Carolina stretch didn't come to fruition, due to a combination of A&M being slightly better than expected, A&M getting extremely lucky in every game, and none of those teams having a functional passing game, or in arkansas' case, a functional anything. Kentucky has the worst P5 QB I've seen this year. 
Alas, it's not a big deal because we're winning and killing all negative recruiting narratives, to the point that teams are now using the depth chart argument. 
I'm not a believer in Jimbo being a championship winner in the SEC West, but they'll be a pain in the ass in regional recruiting for the forseable future. Luckily, our staff isn't beholden to only recruiting regionally. 

TBF It seems like it never comes to fruition. Every year we always say they’re gonna do bad, but they don’t.

39 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

TBF It seems like it never comes to fruition. Every year we always say they’re gonna do bad, but they don’t.

Every year we all fall for the SEC has 6-8 legit title contenders mantra in the late summer and early fall. 

Then we are reminded that these teams are no better than their counterparts in other conferences. It’s Alabama/LSU and a bunch of nobodys. Aggy would probably have 3 losses by now in the big 12.

6 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Every year we all fall for the SEC has 6-8 legit title contenders mantra in the late summer and early fall. 

Then we are reminded that these teams are no better than their counterparts in other conferences. It’s Alabama/LSU and a bunch of nobodys. Aggy would probably have 3 losses by now in the big 12.

The SEC raises their floor because they typically schedule three automatic non-conference wins with one winnable UCLA type of game, and typically face four or so teams that aren't very good in-conference. Just have to win one of the other four conference games for their annual eight win fourth place divisional finish. Obviously their ceiling is lowered with Bama annually being a monster, and LSU, Georgia, Auburn, and Florida normally top ten ish programs, with others like Ole Miss, Tennessee, etc rising and falling. 

Elko is legit is what happened. He was able to turn around their defense the same way Orland did ours, but sumlin is going to come back to haunt them because they lose everybody on defense after this year. Also Elko is a mercenary he will bail at the first opportunity. I know we give Herman shit for his whole alignment thing but I think we hold on to Orlando longer than they hold onto Elko.

They are good at stopping the run. They can’t stop a legitimate passing game. They haven’t played many teams that can throw and catch the ball. Kentucky QB is terrible. South Carolina receivers were dropping the ball all over the place first half. They would struggle in any passing-oriented league. Good thing they play in the SEC.

If you're Elko and you see the turnaround he made this year with what he was given, and couple that with the likely drop that will happen next year when he loses those players, you bail now to protect your stock.

The caveat to that is that the ags are essentially handing out 5x market value in salaries to keep coaches and he might get greedy.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:37 AM, closetojumping said:

Yeah, that makes sense and is what I basically remember. 

Also, since we're on this and someone might bring the next phase of the Brewster Experience up, Schultz or HollywoodColt was the rat bastard who threw out the big salary number on Brewster that went viral as a fact. I was merely an entertained spectator. 

Hollywood jokingly threw out that that Brewster was being paid over a million a year. I forgot where I read that and posted somewhere else that I read he was being paid that and it took off as accepted fact. 

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Elko not going anywhere... he was probably making around 500k just 2 years ago at Wake, worked at ND for a year at maybe 700k... Aggies starting him at $1.8M???  Almost quadrupled his salary for his 1 year stint at Notre Dame.  He's still in the "you have to be kidding me" phase.

He seems to be appropriately paid. aggy D is currently top 20 in only his first year and they’ve got some good players coming in. He’s solely responsible for stealing Brian Williams from us.

• Fuck You 31

1 minute ago, RadiologyHorn said:

He seems to be appropriately paid. aggy D is currently top 20 in only his first year and they’ve got some good players coming in. He’s solely responsible for stealing Brian Williams from us. 

Between this guy and DeAngelloBeige, is "banned" just a theoretical concept on this board or what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Between this guy and DeAngelloBeige, is "banned" just a theoretical concept on this board or what?

Lets get him to say something completely honest about Taylor Hamm's ex wife. Then Immamac will bring down the fucking ban-hammer faster than Jimbo Fisher can get rejected from riding a roller coaster. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, RadiologyHorn said:

giphy.gif

Congrats on another 4.8  guy playing S though. 

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Getting neg bombed and crowd sourced for staying Texas wins guaranteed isn't a legit bannable offense. 

I haven't threatened to ban anyone for talking shit about Hamm's family, I just said to stop doing it - that's also not a bannable thing it's more of a don't be those kinds of people kind of thing. Say whatever you want, but don't expect putting peoples shit on blast on the public board not to get moderated.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Getting neg bombed and crowd sourced for staying Texas wins guaranteed isn't a legit bannable offense. 

Being a fuckhead Aggy troll that so annoying that you get crowdsourced, despite the idiotic amount of + rep this dickhole recv'd on the football board, should be a bannable offense. It's the easiest way to keep moderation and over-moderation in check. Letting the community decide what it will and won't tolerate. This guy is a troll and will create more headache for you here as a constant pain in the ass and ruin threads and the flow of the board and actual conversation.

If you follow the crowdsource and then ban his ass for being a stupid assflute, the board will run more smoothly and will create better more readable threads. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Like 8