Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

7 hours ago, Get ln My Van said:

Put me in the ‘ I want Shepherd in this class’ camp

Same. 

I mean, I won't be too asshurt about it if he goes elsewhere, but I'd rather have him than not. See what he can become and if he flops, ok. Whatever. Won't be the first time. 

The back-peddling if he signs on with the good guys is going to be *asstronomical 

*Yes, ass.

Edited by UncleBuck

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Same. 

I mean, I won't be too asshurt about it if he goes elsewhere, but I'd rather have him than not. See what he can become and if he flops, ok. Whatever. Won't be the first time. 

The back-peddling if he signs on with the good guys is going to be *asstronomical 

*Yes, ass.

I guess I'll be fine if he sticks and we take the Shepherd lottery ticket, but if we kill it in 2020 recruiting and miss out on a great prospect due to having one less guy we can sign in that class and Shepherd flames out, it would definitely suck, and that scenario is about 10 times more likely than Shepherd panning out.

22 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I guess I'll be fine if he sticks and we take the Shepherd lottery ticket, but if we kill it in 2020 recruiting and miss out on a great prospect due to having one less guy we can sign in that class and Shepherd flames out, it would definitely suck, and that scenario is about 10 times more likely than Shepherd panning out.

Yah, of course that'd suck. But not sure the staff really thinks that way, or many staffs. If they want the guy, they want the guy. They knew of character concerns before they offered, I'm sure.

I'm not too concerned with the flakiness we've seen since he verbal'd, no matter how fucking annoying it is. I don't think the guy has a good structure around him, then of course you have FWK, whatever you think about him. When he's on campus, head down going to work, no more worrying about everybody wanting him etc..., that's where it really begins. 

EDIT: I know this is a little strange for Surly, but I do understand people who just want him to sign elsewhere because they think he's too much of a character concern, and too much of a risk or whatever. That's just not my opinion. 

Edited by UncleBuck

11 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah, of course that'd suck. But not sure the staff really thinks that way, or many staffs. If they want the guy, they want the guy. They knew of character concerns before they offered, I'm sure.

I'm not too concerned with the flakiness we've seen since he verbal'd, no matter how fucking annoying it is. I don't think the guy has a good structure around him, then of course you have FWK, whatever you think about him. When he's on campus, head down going to work, no more worrying about everybody wanting him etc..., that's where it really begins. 

EDIT: I know this is a little strange for Surly, but I do understand people who just want him to sign elsewhere because they think he's too much of a character concern, and too much of a risk or whatever. That's just not my opinion. 

I'm more concerned with him getting into a physical altercation with one of his high school coaches. I don't care if a 17 year old is a flake; it's to be expected. I just don't see him as worth the effort given the risk. His ceiling is really high, but his floor is equally low. I just don't think he'll maximize. I'd rather use the scholarship on someone else. Good luck wherever he goes.

Shepherd is really just getting a jump on his post-college career as a defensive backs coach. No matter which school he goes to, he is training thousands of people in the fine art of backpedalling. Hell, even those who backpedal for whichever school he signs with will then have to backpedal again when he transfers. He's the next Duane Akina in the making.

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

Stupid sips, we get who we want. We enroll them in general studies or liberal arts in our diploma mill school. Consequently the aggie family will take care of them for life. They will have a job as a floor supervisor in a call center in the outskirts of Houston.  Whoop.

"Thank you for calling Sears customer service this is Javorskie, how can I make your day great?" 

Edited by Vertigo

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, as they say.

16 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I meant to ask your thoughts on Spiller. How good do you think he'll end up? He won't be Williams, but legit your thoughts.

He is a good player, I don't think he is as fast as Derrian Brown but he has good hands. Option running backs are a little tough to evaluate but he has some wiggle and sets up his blocks pretty well. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He is a good player, I don't think he is as fast as Derrian Brown but he has good hands. Option running backs are a little tough to evaluate but he has some wiggle and sets up his blocks pretty well. 

He seemed to have a great first step and cut and go, but I didn't see much else, which is why I was wondering. He's a quick dude. Thanks for answering 

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I meant to ask your thoughts on Spiller. How good do you think he'll end up? He won't be Williams, but legit your thoughts.

i think spiller is one of those guys who went from being overrated to underrated pretty quickly. not sure he's a franchise guy, but really liked the limited tape i've seen of his senior year. i think he can help next year, part of which is the lack of guys other than corbin with his skill set. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 10:34 AM, UncleBuck said:

I'm in the club that the staff only putting up with it because they still think there is a chance Demas can be flipped next cycle and keeping him would help in this

15 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm in the club that the staff only putting up with it because they still think there is a chance Demas can be flipped next cycle and keeping him would help in this

I still think there is a slim chance we flip Demas with the following:

-Win over Georgia - done

-Win over LSU

-Win over OU

-Big aggy loss to Clemson

-aggy loss to Auburn

-Big aggy loss to Bama

This would give us our best chance (and not a great one) to flip him by late October.  

This is based off memory only, and I've been drunk a few times since then, but I thought that his crying fit on the sideline was right after the Aggies went for it on 4th and short and Lane didn't get the ball. So it was even more selfish than y'all are describing. As you can see in the picture, the game is still winnable as they're only down by 7 with over 6 minutes remaining.

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is based off memory only, and I've been drunk a few times since then, but I thought that his crying fit on the sideline was right after the Aggies went for it on 4th and short and Lane didn't get the ball. So it was even more selfish than y'all are describing. As you can see in the picture, the game is still winnable as they're only down by 7 with over 6 minutes remaining.

Wow, so with Coach Fran, that's like enough time to punt at least twice more!