2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

12 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Wait, are you seriously telling me that a person doesn’t have to spend their money if they have the wherewithal to do so?  It was a tongue planted firmly in cheek comment.  I thought that was obvious.  

It was obvious, but I still chose to state it. 

8 hours ago, D3zii said:

Fuck it Whittington, Worthy Moore and sprinkles of Dixion and Troy with a rotation at TE…That’s it…We don’t need a Deep WR core

I'm pretty sure that's what we will see when it comes time for games and prep for Louisiana. The starters and main guys getting the reps and a more clear difference between 1s and 2s at least on the offensive side of the ball.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stork642 said:

He should be able to afford a better boat right?

Ranch boat I would guess (light weight for small holding tanks/ponds) and stocked given size of Bass -  Also Shipley is running ranch real estate now - so probably the one taking the picture.  If you've got 1M+ laying around you can buy a ranch from him.   Ok,  back to 3star QB talk....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Didn't Casey have a breakout performance in the bowl game giving us fans hope that we would be in good hands when Sam left? That was not practice or scrimmage; that was a real game against a P5 team under pressure. Let's not disrespect the dude.

Calm your tits. No one is disrespecting Casey. Whoever wins the job needs to show out over a longer time horizon than one half of one game. I’m optimistic about the position because he showed he could play well but that’s not what is ultimately going to decide who is the starter. 

Edited by Newy25

20 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

From what I've seen of him so far, Card gets sacked a lot. Just gonna put that out there. Of course, that's better than getting intercepted a lot. But sacks can kill drives, too.

He drops his eyes too & frantically seeks running lanes instead of climbing the pocket. I don’t envy Sarks position. There is risk/reward with both QBs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

From what I've seen of him so far, Card gets sacked a lot. Just gonna put that out there. Of course, that's better than getting intercepted a lot. But sacks can kill drives, too.

1 minute ago, CastHorn said:

He drops his eyes too & frantically seeks running lanes instead of climbing the pocket. I don’t envy Sarks position. There is risk/reward with both QBs. 

That’s part of being a young QB. It’s a far better option than having a 3rd/4th year guy turning the ball over. Hard to correct the latter and the former corrects itself with experience. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Burton typing words:

Quarterback Hudson Card taking the vast majority of snaps with the 1s yesterday caught many by surprise.

But it shouldn’t have.

While both Card and Casey Thompson had issues in Saturday’s scrimmage, it was Thompson who turned the ball over twice and Card who engineered the best scoring drive of the drive of the day.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That’s part of being a young QB. It’s a far better option than having a 3rd/4th year guy turning the ball over. Hard to correct the latter and the former corrects itself with experience. 

How many games did Card start at QB for Lake Travis? (247 says two seasons)  Despite all of the high level coaching and private QB tutors there were times he looked lost in the Spring Game.  Even if he does win the starting job I think we are going to have to expect some real 'why the fuck did you do that' moments from the kid.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 2

How many games did Card start at QB for Lake Travis? (247 says two seasons)  Despite all of the high level coaching and private QB tutors there were times he looked lost in the Spring Game.  Even if he does win the starting job I think we are going to have to expect some real 'why the fuck did you do that' moments from the kid.

That’s bound to happen, and anyone expecting a championship performance 24/7 is drinking too much kool-aid. I remember the young mistakes Ehlinger made early, against OSU and to a lesser extent USC. The insane sophomore performance Sam put out made all of those freshman head scratchers worth it
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

How many games did Card start at QB for Lake Travis?  Despite all of the high level coaching and private QB tutors there were times he looked lost in the Spring Game.  Even if he does win the starting job I think we are going to have to expect some real 'why the fuck did you do that' moments from both kids.

There will be bright spots and head scratching plays with both of these guys. My hope is that it clicks for one before it’s too late. Something similar to James Brown* or Major Applewhite.* 

*I don’t remember any hype whatsoever surrounding either of these guys before they were put in. 

21 minutes ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

That’s bound to happen, and anyone expecting a championship performance 24/7 is drinking too much kool-aid. I remember the young mistakes Ehlinger made early, against OSU and to a lesser extent USC. The insane sophomore performance Sam put out made all of those freshman head scratchers worth it

Yeah, for sure. Even that albino bitch, Spencer rattler, didn't look too good early in the season for blowU.

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Calm your tits. No one is disrespecting Casey. Whoever wins the job needs to show out over a longer time horizon than one half of one game. I’m optimistic about the position because he showed he could play well but that’s not what is ultimately going to decide who is the starter. 

Gentle reminder that ShowMeALoss is, generally speaking, a clueless shitposting troll so maybe worry less about hurting his pwetty widdle feelings. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Hard to tell really....could go either way. In a game he may take off if there is running room quicker than in practice. 

12 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Didn't Casey have a breakout performance in the bowl game giving us fans hope that we would be in good hands when Sam left? That was not practice or scrimmage; that was a real game against a P5 team under pressure. Let's not disrespect the dude.

Nobody is disrespecting anyone.  This is all mere speculation.  Counterpoint: Christian Scott came off the bench and balled out for a half one time.  We crowned him and he promptly went back to obscurity.

• Haha 1

To be fair, Sam played better as a freshman than he did as a senior.
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Come on offense. How hard is "hand the ball off to Bijan"?

That’s what you’d think but then there were 2-3 snaps in the scrimmage highlight tape where the d-line was 1-2 yards in the backfield by the time the handoff happened. Considering our interior OL was not incompetent at the end of last season, I’m hoping this means our interior DL is just a bunch of freaks.

• Hook 'Em 2