Call Your Shot - Predict Texas Football's 2021 Regular Season Record

gmr548

Call Your Shot - Predict Texas Football's 2021 Regular Season Record  

211 members have voted

1. 1. What will Texas's regular season record be in 2021?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/21 at 08:00 PM

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Hudson Card might be amazing. Sark might deserve that pedestal everyone has him on.  The defense might be for real this year. The other teams in the Big 12 might have all regressed while we are the only one improving.  Or maybe some of y’all have just been drunk on the preseason koolaid so many times you don’t even notice it happening anymore. It’s a rough awakening every time.  8-4 and I’d love to be wrong. 

Is preseason koolaid anything like craft beer?

39 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Didn’t we just lose 3 games by like a combined 10 points or something with Tom fucking Herman as coach?  If Sark is half the coach we think he is and he can put up 20 more points over the course of the season then we are undefeated and get spanked by bama in the playoffs.  

Coaching isn’t the only thing in play here.  I think even the most pessimistic fan knows we’ve made an upgrade there.  But are you counting on no drop-off from a senior Sam Elinger to an unproven freshman under center?   

Coaching isn’t the only thing in play here.  I think even the most pessimistic fan knows we’ve made an upgrade there.  But are you counting on no drop-off from a senior Sam Elinger to an unproven freshman under center?   

I definitely think people are glossing over the QB transition. Card may be, hell, almost certainly is more talented than Ehlinger. But experience and command of the offense matters in that position. It matters a lot.

It’s also worth noting that Texas lost its best LOS players on both sides of the ball. Now, basically every other OL/DL contributor comes back and that helps, but Texas isn’t in a place to just plug in replacements for early round draft picks. I think the OL as a unit will probably be better because of Flood, even if Jones is a step back from Cosmi. And I think the bona fide talent on the interior can carry the DL against a lot of opponents on the schedule. But I’m not buying the kool aid on the edge guys and think not having Ossai is going to show against the better OL units in the conference.

This team has the makings of a good team that shows flashes, but has its flaws and is going to take a couple frustrating Ls.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

…summons inner Satya….

Anybody not admitting they’re concerned about Louisiana after losses to BYU, Maryland and the like is grandstanding. I don’t like that game one bit. Veteran underdog team that is ranked and confident, buoyed by the hurricane that just destroyed their state and giving hope to the masses, against a team with a green quarterback, new coach, and receivers who can’t catch.

We will either run on them and win, or we won’t…and we’ll lose.

I’ve seen enough to know better than to get my hopes up. 

I was never on the train thinking Louisiana would be an upset or trap game for us.  And now with Hurricane Ida bearing down on that part of Louisiana, they will have some distractions to over come that would normally complicate an average week during football season.    Not so much in not be ready for our schemes and all of that which most teams have four days to focus on as they’ve had almost a month now.   But the logistics of having to potentially relocate, etc and then travel to Austin will be a negative. 

Fuck it, 11-1 with a loss to ISU on the road. The defense should be great. DL and the secondary are stacked and LB should be much improved. A red-shirt freshman QB is always an adventure, but... Bijan. We don't want or need Card to carry the team the way Sam was expected to. We need decent QB play and a couple of receivers to step up. If that happens, we're good. We've got talent. Not Bama/Ohio State/Clemson talent, but enough to run the table in the Big 12. If Sark comes up with half-way decent game plans we should have an edge against everyone but OU. I assume we'll slip up somewhere.

It all depends on Sark. I was disappointed with the hire initially and I'm still not entirely sold on him. UW was awful when he got there and he was apparently wasted the entire time at USC so it's hard to take much away from his time at either place. He put together a great staff though and the players seem to have responded to the new approach. I'm feeling optimistic now, but that could be the koolaid talking.

11-1 regular season with revenge on the bitch ass sooners in the final Big 12 championship. All of your 8-4 douche bags are better be suited to stay in the Big 12 with the has beens after this season. Time to Butt F*** stranglehold thus conference and ride off with double birds high as the rest of the conference fights to get Houston and BYU to stay relevant. 

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

But are you counting on no drop-off from a senior Sam Elinger to an unproven freshman under center?   

Kind of, yes.  I’m also counting on Bijan  being twice as good so the QB doesn’t have to be as good as Sam.  Hell, Sam was probably playing hurt most last season.  By many metrics his JR year was better than his SR year.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8-4. I think we'll lose to OU and ISU which are far superior teams. I think we'll lose one we shouldn't and one that's close but we should've been able to pull it out. Until we can beat the f'ing cockroaches, I'll put that as an L. WVU will be tricky. The Tom Herman era is over and that's all I care about.

17 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

9-3

Washington board said Sark always had the WTF just happened loss. So hate to say I think we lose to OU, pick one out of TCU, ISU, WVU or OKST and then worst of all the WTF loss. Think Stanford loss for Mack.

Nothing against Washington fans but when Sark got there, there was no such thing as a WTF loss.

I don’t understand all the pussies in this thread predicting 8 wins or worse.  We were 3 boneheaded coaching plays away from an undefeated season last year with turtle.  Literally if we had a competent coach last year, we would have been undefeated.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Xcalibur said:

I don’t understand all the pussies in this thread predicting 8 wins or worse.  We were 3 boneheaded coaching plays away from an undefeated season last year with turtle.  Literally if we had a competent coach last year, we would have been undefeated.

That works both ways though. We needed a prayer to beat Texas Tech, won an ugly game at home against an average West Virginia team by 4, and needed +4 in turnover margin to beat OKST by 7 who doubled our yardage and 1st downs

• Hook 'Em 1

We curb stomp the competition every week in an undefeated season.

Texas wins the conference, and the national championship in it's last season in the shitty Big 12.

Teeth will be gnashed, and tears will be shed as Texas goes out on top leaving the Irate 8 to wither on the vine.

Teams which formerly pretended to be relevant will be relegated to the likes of New Mexico State and Tulsa.

It will be glorious.

11 hours ago, TexMexBuddha said:

12-0.
Fuck the haters.
Shock the Nation II.

Its 9:58 and OU still sucks.emoji869.png

Negged

Shock the Nation ended with us knowing we did not belong. I am still bitter about sitting in the Cotton Bowl and getting one of the worst ass woopings of all time.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 6:42 PM, gmr548 said:

Title says it all. We are less than one week from kick, the depth chart is set, etc. Time to make your pick.

I will go 9-3. Highlights: Go 3-0 non-conference for the first time since 2012, lay waste to Arkansas, beat ISU, undefeated at DKR. Lossesat TCU, OU, and at WVU. That late season upset loss keeps Texas out of the CCG.

Purgatory in terms of grading Sark, as I would call 10-2 and a CCG berth a clear success, and 8-4 or worse really problematic with this roster and schedule, barring being totally snakebit with injuries. 9-3 is kind of a grey area in my mind, so of course I figure that's where Texas will end up.

Flame away but be sure to vote. Poll is public so verifiable bragging rights are on the line.

Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

Maybe the only thing that performed worse than Sark and Texas this season was Surly going 0-for-211 here.

Props to @Mark42, @Wcs1982, and @DonnyKerabatsos for being the least wrong at 6-6.

You will not catch me voting for anything better than 7-5 next year.

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2021 at 8:22 PM, 83Horn said:

Maybe it's the Kool-aid talking, but I'm thinking we exceed expectations this year.  Turtle Tom could coach this team to 8-9 wins, and with our upgrade in coaching, and presumed upgrade in QB play and greater usage of our running game and overall upgrade in play calling, I'm feeling salty about this year.  I don't see a guaranteed loss on our schedule, and I'm not as concerned about TCU, ISU, or OK State as some on here, although I guess any of them could be a loss.  Winning can be contagious, and I think we're going into the OU game undefeated.  My gut is telling me we don't lose more than 2, and I think we can do better than that.  F it, I'm calling 10-1 and a trip to the Big XII title game...then again, PTSD tells me I may be disappointed.

Epic fail

• Haha 1