COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

22 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Technology today blows my mind.  A student was showing me 3-D printers that everyone can own to make plastic appendages for an amputee to replace their own at home.  He was showing me his concept for a working hand.  This seems totally plausible and functional.  Why can't this happen?  

School building talk not going away.

Can we get back to talking about MAGA idiots getting covid?  When this thread gets bumped, I want to see idiot get Covid and die. But no we're talking about swimming pools and robotics. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 9:22 AM, Goredho said:

Yep.  There are some legitimately great realtors out there, but realty strongly attracts wanna-be entrepreneurs who can’t muster the balls or capital to start a business.  Many of them are people who want to get rich and feel entitled to be their own boss, even though they really have nothing to bring to the table other than their I-must-be-my-own-boss entitlement.  It’s no surprise they are Freedum all the way.  

Double yup. There's a disproportionate You-Can't-Tell-Me-What-To-Do Strain amongst those in jobs with the "Be You're Own Boss" element. The wanna be the top dog. The big man. NUMERO UNO honcho. THE HEAD CHEESE!

Capture+_2021-10-08-20-28-23-1.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Do these people just not have the news? Planes and hospitals are basically been the only places in the planet where you haven't been able to slide your mask off in 20 months. Or are they purposely dropping $400 to make a sweet protest video?

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh shit.

If his sats are already at 89 and he’s being admitted this soon after diagnosis? Not good for him.

I'd be willing to bet that he has access to better healthcare than most of MAGA America.

And I'd be willing to bet that he was not relying on fucking horse paste (I saw his comment about the infusion stuff).

He seems exactly like the type of politician who claim to be doing one thing to appease his base, while doing another to protect himself

But then again, he's not vaccinated, so...

And he's a Lieutenant Colonel.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

oh man, this was "good" news to wake up to after that nightmare yesterday. I don't want him to die... but I wouldn't be sad if he did

your sentiment is probably shared by many in the Texas GOP. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Welp, after reading this, i change my mind. Go Corona!

So rather than taking the cheap vaccine and not getting covid in the first place, or at least not ending up hospitalized with it, he would rather support the expensive drug you take when you get it and/or end up in the hospital?

That still sounds exactly like he's wanting to line the pockets of Big Pharma.

• Hook 'Em 2

As you know I have a vested interest in what our military does with regard to its policies for servicemembers.  Both of my sons are fully vaccinated and did so before the mandate, FWIW.  It is mind-bottling to me that folks avoid the easiest, most practical solution at all costs, not just career-wise, but up to and including their lives.  This mindset is extremely frustrating to me when the solution is so freaking easy... all because of jedi mind-tricks and thinking everything is a trap, or a concession to "the other side." This is from one article describing how things are going in the military as the deadline for vaccinations approaches:

Deaths attributed to covid-19 have soared in parts of the force as some services struggle to inoculate their troops. In September, more military personnel died of coronavirus infections than in all of 2020. None of those who died were fully vaccinated, Pentagon spokesman Maj. Charlie Dietz said.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

The level of arrogant stupidity West flaunts is enraging. I wonder what % of the vote he'll get. I can't imagine anyone voting for him....all the Q crazies generally aren't crazy about the bleks 

yeah, he has no chance with an R next to his name. he's simply the wrong shade. that is, of course, he survives covid

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So rather than taking the cheap vaccine and not getting covid in the first place, or at least not ending up hospitalized with it, he would rather support the expensive drug you take when you get it and/or end up in the hospital?

That still sounds exactly like he's wanting to line the pockets of Big Pharma.

I read all of the GQP antivax rhetoric like this:

Waning white political party seeks aggrieved voters to maintain relevance.  Whether you are a racist, an incel, an anti-vaxxer or domestic terrorist, let us be your voice!  Your beliefs, no matter how misguided, repulsive or evil, are correct and demand protection from the evil democrats and liberals that want to enslave you with their vile science, logic and common sense.  If this sounds like you, hit us up.  Maybe we can get a chicken fried steak or hit up a boat rally together!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I read all of the GQP antivax rhetoric like this:

Waning white political party seeks aggrieved voters to maintain relevance.  Whether you are a racist, an incel, an anti-vaxxer or domestic terrorist, let us be your voice!  Your beliefs, no matter how misguided, repulsive or evil, are correct and demand protection from the evil democrats and liberals that want to enslave you with their vile science, logic and common sense.  If this sounds like you, hit us up.  Maybe we can get a chicken fried steak or hit up a boat rally together!

It's not a party of race.   It's a party of deliberate idiocy.

Edited by slorch

It's not a party of race.   It's a party of idiocy.

Well, while race is clearly a big part of it, agreed: they’ve adopted raving idiocy as their brand.

Listening to these people is jaw-dropping. They each make a Herculean effort to out-stupid the other guy, in a breakneck race to the bottom. But as y’all know, joke’s on us….because there is no bottom.

39 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

The level of arrogant stupidity West flaunts is enraging. I wonder what % of the vote he'll get. I can't imagine anyone voting for him....all the Q crazies generally aren't crazy about the bleks 

Single digits, trailing far behind Huffines.  West simply doesn't have the GOP allies in Texas that Abbott has, or the kind of money (or access to money) that Huffines has.

I don't know where Huffines sits in terms of who he is friendly with GOP-wise, but Huffines has plenty of money and plenty of wealthy friends in Texas, so that's something that matters (unfortunately).

West lost in Florida, came to Texas, then burned a lot of bridges when he tried to use the Republican Party of Texas to go after Abbott (or at least implied that the RPT supported his actions when he demonstrated against Abbott) and he pissed off the leadership of RPT when he attacked them.

If he got 5% I would be shocked.

2 minutes ago, Genco said:

Replacement theory is a central tenet of their ethos and it's not meant as a diversity initiative.

Not disagreeing, but they have a shit-ton, dare I say majority, of white folks rolling their eyes and saying, "GTFO of here with that shit."

1 hour ago, slorch said:

It's not a party of race.   It's a party of deliberate idiocy.

Well, it’s no doubt inclusive of white nationalists, but they alone aren’t going to win national elections as we slide into whites being a voting minority.  So you are right, it’s a confederacy of vehement idiocy.

Edited by Goredho

24 minutes ago, Genco said:

Replacement theory is a central tenet of their ethos and it's not meant as a diversity initiative.

20 minutes ago, slorch said:

Not disagreeing, but they have a shit-ton, dare I say majority, of white folks rolling their eyes and saying, "GTFO of here with that shit."

1234.  Their fears are wrapped up in the whole Replacement Theory thing because not enough whites give enough of a shit to have more than 2-3 kids (and plenty of whites are marrying minorities).

For all of the documentaries/reality shows/YouTube channels, the Quiverfull groups are still really tiny.

2 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

It's not a serious campaign, it's a grift until he figures out what the next grift is.

• Like 2

goghgoghvangogh19h

The tattoos gave it away

Covid Rant

I'm a nurse in a smallish hospital in the midwest. I normally work in surgery, but sold my soul recently and now work in progressive care every other weekend. Today, I had 3 patients to start. After discharging all three, I got 2 admits. So, my day was already stellar.

My 2nd admit was a younger guy, came in with SOB that started a few days ago. Turns out he's got the Rona, womp womp. As I'm admitting him, I notice some interesting tattoos in German and with some eagle symbol. I finally piece it all together and realize he's a white supremacist.

Most days I love being a nurse and enjoy helping my patients get better. Today I was conflicted and struggled to care. This guy's CXR and CT are really bad, his lungs are basically white, and his chance of dying is high. But at least he's owning the libs.

Bonus: Would anyone care to guess his vaccine status? If you guessed, "Fuck that shit, I'm a free man," you are correct!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1