COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

I took the deposition of a guy from Uganda recently. He makes about $30.00/month as a farmer. He was seeing a literal witch doctor about an issue he was having before he went to a regional hospital and got real medicine. He never looked back.

How do folks who have money, education, and resources the rest of the world dreams of do this anti-vaxx shit? There has to be a psychological reason rooted in religion/tribalism.

And what are “prayer warriors” except for an appeal to sorcery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It's not a serious campaign, it's a grift until he figures out what the next grift is.

With Huffines, well he's a True Believer.  Abbott, just trying to make it to the next level of politics.  But West, feels like he's trying to milk it for all it's worth.

I still don't get why, when he moved to Texas, he didn't set himself up for a House run.  He was never going to have a chance at Governor or beating Cruz or Cornyn, but a House seat was easily doable.

The fact that he got himself elected as the chair of the Texas Republican Party was a home run for his chances at a House seat when Texas was redistricted.  He was making the right connections and raising his profile enough for an easy House seat when Texas inevitably picked up a House seat or two.

Instead, he's pissed off a shit-ton of Republican officials and BMDs, and he's floundering in third place and is the butt of numerous twitter jokes about covid and horse paste.  That stink will stay with him when he moves to his next state.

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

A narcissistic request to an omnipotent, benevolent creator with an infallible grand plan to change His mind?

But yeah, "appeal to sorcery" is more concise.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, slorch said:

Not disagreeing, but they have a shit-ton, dare I say majority, of white folks rolling their eyes and saying, "GTFO of here with that shit."

Majority of white folks, maybe, but definitely not a majority of white Republicans.  Because if they were, this wouldn't increasingly be a part of their platform.  To the extent that Republicans are saying GTFO about that topic, they are doing it with a wink and a nod and still voting for them to keep it up.  Simply put, if you vote for Republicans you are complicit.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
16 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
oh man, this was "good" news to wake up to after that nightmare yesterday. I don't want him to die... but I wouldn't be sad if he did

You are nicer than me. I do want him to die. I want there to be real consequences for the hateful shit he has done. Fuck this guy. He needs to find out.

Well, and there is that whole 'war criminal" thing that go him booted from the army. He's a POS seven ways from Sunday. 

9 hours ago, Grandioso said:

I took the deposition of a guy from Uganda recently. He makes about $30.00/month as a farmer. He was seeing a literal witch doctor about an issue he was having before he went to a regional hospital and got real medicine. He never looked back.

How do folks who have money, education, and resources the rest of the world dreams of do this anti-vaxx shit? There has to be a psychological reason rooted in religion/tribalism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post of mine from last year:

Contrary to what we are taught in schools, a great many of our ancestors, especially those from Europe prior to WW2, were not the best and brightest that continent had to offer. They were not generally coming here seeking freedom of thought, but to avoid starvation or to dodge a draft in some King / Czar / Emperor's army. In short, they were the common clay of the Old World...they were, well, you know the rest. Or they were running from some huge disaster, often of their own making.

My own American family comes pretty much exclusively from a north English, Scottish, and Irish combo of ne'er-do-wells and other such "hardy peasant stock." 

And it seems that even after centuries of exposure to education and betterment in their material lives here in America, a great many have nevertheless reverted, in the life of their collective minds, to the moronic peasant thinking of their ancestors. I remember reading of the antics of some of the peasants in one of Dostoevski's novels, a whole army of them roaming the countryside babbling some nonsense about searching for a "warm river" to live on where everything would be vodka and crispy roast potatoes for them for the rest of their lives. They were forever in the grasp of some crazed collective mania founded and passed along amongst these illiterates via word of mouth. 

It seems literacy is not a cure-all for such large-scale idiocy. Merely being able to form together words is only half the battle, or maybe less. It's no cure to magical thinking or peasant superstition, both of which thrive among these hobgoblins bedeviled with just enough information to make them dangerous, if certainly not civilized, educated or even informed on a basic level. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Majority of white folks, maybe, but definitely not a majority of white Republicans.  Because if they were, this wouldn't increasingly be a part of their platform.  To the extent that Republicans are saying GTFO about that topic, they are doing it with a wink and a nod and still voting for them to keep it up.  Simply put, if you vote for Republicans you are complicit.  

broad, broad brush there homie.  I love how "everyone" who doesn't vote for "our folks" is the devil.  Roll my fucking eyes...

The mindset is dangerous AF, yet it is thoroughly embraced.

When it comes to the idiocy of replacement theory or the other q-non bullshit, you can bet your McSausage that it is met with more than a wink and a smile by most folks.  Nice try with the group-think accusation that is patently false.  Stop watching broadcast agitation shows all the time( the news.)

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, slorch said:

broad, broad brush there homie.  I love how "everyone" who doesn't vote for "our folks" is the devil.  Roll my fucking eyes...

When it comes to the idiocy of replacement theory or the other q-non bullshit, you can bet your McSausage that it is met with more than a wink and a smile by most folks.  Nice try with the group-think accusation that is patently false.  Stop watching broadcast agitation shows all the time( the news.)

I totally get that you can have that read about people in your social group / work setting, etc., but how can you possible assert that about GOP voters as a whole? There is evidence that is becoming more important to the GOP through school board rants, conservative media, local elections, etc., so do you have ANY evidence that it is not true? Again, not for you and/or those you personally know, but for the average GOP voter? Where is the resistance to show that it is NOT effective?

^^^^

A whole lot of this.  For every GQP voter who Slorch says just holds their nose and rolls their eyes, there is a voter who has become radicalized.  Like terrorists become radicalized.  With the same goals and tools in their minds -- taking down the US government and killing Americans if necessary to do so.

The differences between islamofascists and christofascists have been disappearing so quickly that one must strain to find any at all.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

^^^^

A whole lot of this.  For every GQP voter who Slorch says just holds their nose and rolls their eyes, there is a voter who has become radicalized.  Like terrorists become radicalized.  With the same goals and tools in their minds -- taking down the US government and killing Americans if necessary to do so.

The differences between islamofascists and christofascists have been disappearing so quickly that one must strain to find any at all.

there's always one difference: skin color

45 minutes ago, Goredho said:

. . . but this part of my family was a normal mainstream part of the Republican voting block 6-10 years ago.  Now I’m not sure they aren’t domestic terrorists in training.  

I'm not going to say with 100% certainty that you misread them before Trump ("BT"), because it's your family and I don't know them.  I do have to wonder how close to the tipping point people like this actually were.  

My parents were similar -- both passed away during the Obama administration, so no Trump experiences for them -- except for the "country" part, although we did live in a small college town, and they taught at the university.  In general they tended to vote Republican, although not dogmatically.  To my knowledge neither were ever part of the Republican Party.  However, they shifted left in their later years.  Part of it was the AIDS crisis and the loss of a dear friend, part of it was the anger in the Tea Party, etc.  They just recognized the negatives and moved away.  They listened.  

My gut tells me your relatives were probably more easily radicalized than my parents.  Maybe not, maybe it's all just chaotic or a function of the media they consume.  I don't really know.

I do know it's really sad.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

^^^^

So in your mind, every Republican vote supoorts Q-non?

Is every Dem a Bernie Boy?

You know the answer...  and you are deliberately being binary as hell on this.   It's fun in chatrooms, but holy hell it misses the mark in real life.

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

You know the answer...  and you are deliberately being binary as hell on this.   It's fun in chatrooms, but holy hell it misses the mark in real life.

That's a very poor analogy.  A significant portion of the Republican Party is Q-aligned.  Dare I say a majority?

The vast majority of the Democratic Party rejects Bernie Sanders' policies.

4 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

Steve Scalise, the number two Republican in the house, refused to acknowledge YESTERDAY that the election was fair. It really doesn't matter if every Republican believes in QAnon - their leadership is helping to foment insurrection.

Jesus, Slorch, this isn't that hard.

In Scalise's defense, in Louisiana an election is never over until everyone involved gets their agreed-upon payoff. Somebody forgot to pay Steve. Let's just cut the man his check and move on.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not going to say with 100% certainty that you misread them before Trump ("BT"), because it's your family and I don't know them.  I do have to wonder how close to the tipping point people like this actually were.  

My parents were similar -- both passed away during the Obama administration, so no Trump experiences for them -- except for the "country" part, although we did live in a small college town, and they taught at the university.  In general they tended to vote Republican, although not dogmatically.  To my knowledge neither were ever part of the Republican Party.  However, they shifted left in their later years.  Part of it was the AIDS crisis and the loss of a dear friend, part of it was the anger in the Tea Party, etc.  They just recognized the negatives and moved away.  They listened.  

My gut tells me your relatives were probably more easily radicalized than my parents.  Maybe not, maybe it's all just chaotic or a function of the media they consume.  I don't really know.

I do know it's really sad.

Yeah, thanks.  I wish I knew exactly why and how it happened.  I mean, I moved away, went to the city, was employed in an industry that was booming at a time while their towns were dying.  So our paths diverged considerably.  I saw them at holidays and such, but I knew they were evangelical conservatives, they knew I wasn't, and we generally avoided politics or religion and other subjects that might cause discomfort around the dinner table.  I politely complied with traditions like saying grace, and we could always talk Texas football.  Then I was blindsided by what I read in that original email on the eve of the 2016 election when they suddenly brought me into their political/religious conversations after I had been absent for so long.  Civil war?  End times?  What the fuck?

What is most disturbing to me is that I now get it, all of it, but from an oppositional position.  After everything we've seen the last 5 years, a civil war seems completely plausible.  End times, at least as it applies to the America I thought I lived in?  Not out of the realm possibility by any means.  And if we do go down that path as a nation, I will be squarely pitted against half my family.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, slorch said:

No, not every GQP voter supports Q-anon.  But every one of them is a-ok with supporting a PARTY that openly and nakedly supports and embraces such nutbar conspiracy theories.  It doesn't matter if you say "I don't support white supremacy" if you consistently put white supremacists in office and are a-ok with them imposing white supremacist policies when they get there.

Supporters are necessary for evil to take power.  So are enablers.  In fact, they are even MORE important, because they have the numbers.  I don't give a fuck whether you support evil or enable it -- I see zero distinction, because you are both helping insure that it wins.

14 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

Steve Scalise, the number two Republican in the house, refused to acknowledge YESTERDAY that the election was fair. It really doesn't matter if every Republican believes in QAnon - their leadership is helping to foment insurrection.

Jesus, Slorch, this isn't that hard.

That's just YESTERDAY'S example.  The party leadership openly embraces and supports insane conspiracy theories intended to undermine democracy and to help them take power by ANY MEANS NECESSARY.   All of the talk of revolution, civil war, violence, bloodshed....it fucking matters.   And yes, if  you support the GQP today, you are enabling it and telling them it's okay.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

lol both sides’ing QAnon by making it analogous to Bernie Sanders is just the perfect example of how the republicans have been co-opted by nutbags.

The fact that slorch can’t see that and actually thought that was a good argument actually proves Brisket’s premise.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, slorch said:

At this point, yes, every Republican vote for a Trump adjacent candidate is dangerous. The GOP has made it pretty clear that their intention is to go further and further towards the extremes of Trump's America. If they can keep the "normal conservatives" voting red no matter what, they'll continue to sell their souls to to the MAGA crowd. It's just simple math: keep the "never-liberals" in line while spreading their ass cheeks for MAGA votes.

The ONLY way to reverse the trend and get back to candidates that actually give a shit about traditional conservative ideals is to vote against every single MAGA spouting moron to let them know that that shit ain't going to fly outside of the Bible Belt. Show them that anyone with the Trump stink on them can get fucked. Yes, that's going to mean voting blue a lot of the time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

At this point, yes, every Republican vote for a Trump adjacent candidate is dangerous. The GOP has made it pretty clear that their intention is to go further and further towards the extremes of Trump's America. If they can keep the "normal conservatives" voting red no matter what, they'll continue to sell their souls to to the MAGA crowd. It's just simple math: keep the "never-liberals" in line while spreading their ass cheeks for MAGA votes.

The ONLY way to reverse the trend and get back to candidates that actually give a shit about traditional conservative ideals is to vote against every single MAGA spouting moron to let them know that that shit ain't going to fly outside of the Bible Belt. Show them that anyone with the Trump stink on them can get fucked. Yes, that's going to mean voting blue a lot of the time.

These traditional conservatives you speak of won’t make it out of a primary.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

These traditional conservatives you speak of won’t make it out of a primary.

Exactly. That's my point. What's the point of going against Trump when they can still count on slorch's vote, no matter how much they embrace MAGA. Kissing the ring is the only way to win election. Until MAGA Republicans get a reality check at the polls, it's only going to get worse. 

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Exactly. That's my point. What's the point of going against Trump when they can still count on slorch's vote, no matter how much they embrace MAGA. Kissing the ring is the only way to win election. Until MAGA Republicans get a reality check at the polls, it's only going to get worse. 

This.  Without imposing consequences for enabling Trumpism, there will only be more, and emboldened, Trumpism.

23 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol both sides’ing QAnon by making it analogous to Bernie Sanders is just the perfect example of how the republicans have been co-opted by nutbags.

Hell I was mildly encouraged that Bernie was the analogy and not AOC and the GND. At least Bernie was a candidate that was subjected to electoral scrutiny as the proposed leader of the party. And he was rejected by dems in the primaries. 

Twice.

But the movement he was trying to equivocate Bernie to, MAGA-Q, yeah that's the talent pool that republicans are drawing from for school boards to federal races. Totally the same thing.

This.  Without imposing consequences for enabling Trumpism, there will only be more, and emboldened, Trumpism.
Yes, but the GQP will clutch their pearls while saying "I wish Trump wouldn't talk with such rough language, but he sure does love America so he's got my vote!"

Y'see, that covers their ass while the racist, misogynistic, xenophobic cruelty inflicted by Trump, Miller, Bannon, et al is implemented.

And when the slorchs of the world re-elect their god-king, they do so knowing full well that if he gets a 2nd crack at the White House he's been given a mandate to be 10X more vile than he was the first time. Because there are no consequences in the GQP. And he's not going away at the end of his 2nd term. He'll have his minions in place throughout the senate, congress, the SC and state governments across the US.

We're fucked.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty slorch didn’t vote for Trump last go round.

I am all for a moderate conservative party, but the current GOP ain’t it.  They took the 2020 rebuke at the ballot box and read it not as a sign they should move back towards the center, but a sign they needed to erode the ability for citizens to rebuke them at the ballot box.

That’s the most disturbing turn here.  Not the Q loons, anti-vaxxers and other nut jobs generating a lot of media noise.  It’s the mainstream body of the Republican Party undermining the democratic election process.  Wink-wink, nod-nod.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 3

"Support"

You're interpreting "support" to mean "agree with" when in fact "support" here means "promote". Every person who regularly votes republican supports the things that the republican party consistently does. The republican party is currently pushing all its chips in on racism and conspiracy insanity. If you vote for him, that is literally what you are supporting, with your vote.

"But if I vote for the conspiracy fomenting racists because of taxes, that doesn't make me a racist" - that's a different thing than the paragraph above, but yes it absolutely does.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

My personal experience is different.  Half my family has been staunchly religious and Republican forever.  They rarely, if ever, voted  blue, but they understood democracy, and that the country needed to be shared with those that didn’t believe as they do.  They were typically good country, church-going folk.  Willing to stop and help someone change a tire, or come together to aid someone in their town who was in crisis — regardless of their political or religious affiliation.

Then 3 days before the 2016 election, I got included on a group email between them about the importance of the upcoming election.  How everyone needed to get out and vote for Trump.  That prompted some probing responses by other non-conservative family members and myself as to why.

The responses were disturbing.  People who I remember as in my original description were angry as fuck.  They were talking about America falling apart, whites and Christian values being replaced and an impending civil war.  One of them brought up the end times.

With one exception, they have grown more radical in their beliefs.  These people have been edging on the idea of an armed holy war against their fellow citizens for at least 5 years now.  Every time I have to interact with them, it is apparent that they have grown more radical in their beliefs.  I finally cut off contact between my kids and their grandmother after she refused to stop showing my kids videos of her pastor talking about the impending apocalypse and the evilness of everything not-Trump.

There is no winking and nodding with them.  They have been radicalized in their church listening to their pastor, in their car listening to right-wing agitators and at home watching first Fox News and now OAN and Newsmax.  They carry propaganda machines in their pockets that they pull out for a hit whenever their apocalypse-high starts to wear off.

I am glad your experience is different, but this part of my family was a normal mainstream part of the Republican voting block 6-10 years ago.  Now I’m not sure they aren’t domestic terrorists in training.  The Republican Party is complicit in this.  At the very least, they have accepted the radicalization of white conservatives as a side effect of their Supreme Court power grab.  And that’s giving them a benefit of the doubt they lost a long time ago.

There's a reason Tucker Carlson has evolved from distancing himself from white genocide conspiracy theories a couple of years ago to openly promoting them now. It's because he and others like him had to first put in the work to make that shit palatable to his audience, which is people like your family. Two years ago they weren't ready to buy in without question to neo nazi shit, but now they are.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

"You're interpreting "support" to mean "agree with" when in fact "support" hear means "promote". Every person who regularly votes republican supports the things that the republican party consistently does. The republican party is currently pushing all its chips in on racism and conspiracy insanity. If you vote for him, that is literally what you are supporting, with your vote.

Yes.  The currency of American policy is the vote.  We each get one per election.  Arguing that spending one's vote on racist conspiracy mongers doesn't make one a racist conspiracy monger is foolish, when in fact those are the single most important planks of the Republican Party platform.

3 hours ago, slorch said:

The thing is, it doesn’t really matter whether every Republican voter supports Q-Anon.

At the national level, a clear majority of GOP reps either support or refuse to outright condemn anti-democratic efforts to keep 45 in office, which were based on an underlying lie. The situation at the state and local levels is even glummer, as candidates need to voice their support for election fraud theories as a loyalty test to win primaries. 

My, or your  personal feelings on the matter amount to squat if there’s no one to vote for who shares them. And the problem is that these theories aren’t a policy difference where no candidate can be 10/10. If an elected official supports them, then he supports shredding fabric of our Democratic system.  That part IS binary. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I see lots of Dem politicians openly arguing with Bernie or his positions all the fucking time.   And I don't see Bernie rallying his fans to primary those Dem politicians who oppose his views.  I don't see Bernie openly making threats against those Dem politicians.    I don't see Bernie or his proxies flying around the country holding rallies for Democrats who are challenging incumbent Democrats.

So that's a very shitty analogy.

In 2021, if you are a Republican voter who votes straight-ticket, yes, you are supporting Qanon, because your party leadership (and not just Trump, but all of the numerous Republicans sucking up to him) is openly embracing Qanon conspiracy theories.  

Kevin McCarthy, etc. may not be out there saying "WHERE WE GO ONE WE GO ALL" but he's damned sure not challenging the batshit beliefs of the Qanon idiots, and meanwhile Donald Trump is pushing all kinds of conspiracy bullshit to keep the Qanons supporting him and keep the grift rolling.

Now if you are a Republican voter, and you are voting only for a handful of Republicans who challenge Trump and the Qanon people, and the rest of the slots you are leaving blank or voting (D) or third party, then no, you do not support Qanon.

But if you are supporting Republican politicians who support Trump (the biggest conspiracy theorist of them all), or you are voting for Republicans who are playing the horse paste/anti-vaccine game, then yes, you are supporting Qanon beliefs, even if you are not a virgin living in your mom's basement.

• Hook 'Em 3

Slorch, the TLDR for the above is like this: If you are buying OU gear, if you are donating to OU, if you catch yourself humming "Boomer Sooner", you are an OU supporter no matter how loud you may claim to be independent or support Tech or UT or whoever.

That's today's GOP.  They can claim they aren't Qanon all the want, but they are embracing Qanon beliefs via their support for (R) politicians who push those beliefs.  Doesn't matter if those (R) politicians are only doing so to appease Trump/stave off primary challengers. they are giving validity to those Qanon idiots.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

they have grown more radical in their beliefs.

I love all of your post, but this hits home.  The radicalization is fucking nuts.

A Republican named Tom Q. Smith could randomly be caught in the act of raping children by cops and a TV news crew that was filming live and broadcasting to the world.  He wasn't targeted, the cops and the news crew could have been out looking for somebody else and came across him.

A week later while talking to these relatives, if I bring up Tom Q. Smith being caught raping children, without any mention of his political party, I will immediately get "OH NO, LET'S NOT BRING POLITICS INTO THE CONVERSATION, I'LL STOP TALKING TO YOU!"

They have been radicalized into believing their political leaders are infallible, and at the same time they have been turned into walking machines of hate, they are also the biggest bunch of fucking snowflakes I have ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They have been radicalized into believing their political leaders are infallible, and at the same time they have been turned into walking machines of hate, they are also the biggest bunch of fucking snowflakes I have ever seen.

They hold all of these beliefs at the same time.

They are fucking insane.  It is collective delusional insanity, and it is well on the way to killing us all.

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Slorch, the TLDR for the above is like this: If you are buying OU gear, if you are donating to OU, if you catch yourself humming "Boomer Sooner", you are an OU supporter no matter how loud you may claim to be independent or support Tech or UT or whoever.

That's today's GOP.  They can claim they aren't Qanon all the want, but they are embracing Qanon beliefs via their support for (R) politicians who push those beliefs.  Doesn't matter if those (R) politicians are only doing so to appease Trump/stave off primary challengers. they are giving validity to those Qanon idiots.

The *fact that Ted "Look at me Gig 'Em at the Aggie game" Cruz was actively promoting the lies post election and leading up to January 6th says it all. Ted, Princeton & Harvard Law graduate that he is, is waaaay too smart to not see that for what it was. While intelligence does not preclude one from falling into radicalization or conspiracy theories or even gullibility. C'mon.....Ted? No way. He saw this as an opportunity and rolled with it. I cannot vote for any Republican as long as they allow that type of outright practitioner of chicanery to hold office and claim their party. Same with Josh Hawley and the rest of them. They and the other politicians involved/in support of that won't be punished for any of it and continue to bide their time until they can achieve their goal. They play to win. But winning for them does not mean winning for the American people no matter what. That is just not how that works in the long run. I absolutely hate watching into what form this party evolved(?) devolved(?) disintegrated. I cannot go along to get along with that. It's just not right.

Ted is more than happy to take power any way he can get it. Even Bill Barr had more self respect. ....Excuse me while I go find a trash can in which to vomit.

*I could provide sources such as The Guardian and various local news accounts, but I'm too sick and tired to do so. Just so sick and tired of them all.

7 hours ago, slorch said:

So when you see the Republican party enabling this nonsense and you vote for them anyway, and they win while spouting that nonsense, what message do you think you are sending them?

And quit being so binary, just because voting for Republicans is promoting white supremist thought, doesn't mean that you have to pick the Democrats.  I've managed to live just fine since the second Bush Jr election to both not vote for Republicans, and only sporadically vote for Democrats.  Up until that point, I didn't see the nonsense they were up to and was a straight ticket Republican.   Also, the only news I ever get from a television is the local news on the nights where I happen to be in front of the TV at 10 PM.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So when you see the Republican party enabling this nonsense and you vote for them anyway, and they win while spouting that nonsense, what message do you think you are sending them?

And quit being so binary, just because voting for Republicans is promoting white supremist thought, doesn't mean that you have to pick the Democrats.  I've managed to live just fine since the second Bush Jr election to both not vote for Republicans, and only sporadically vote for Democrats.  Up until that point, I didn't see the nonsense they were up to and was a straight ticket Republican.   Also, the only news I ever get from a television is the local news on the nights where I happen to be in front of the TV at 10 PM.  

*not watching porn

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

We must be running out of dying, anti-vax, pro-horse paste idiots. 

This thread seems to be lacking. 

Sorry. It did derail.

I don't spend time on the reddit/anti-vax sites so much, but here's one for you with an update. I'm not going to put all of his anti-vaccine rhetoric in the thread so here's the link to the longcat thread: https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post/rob-skiba-52-dallas-tx-author-evangelical-flat-earther-anti-vaxxer-on-ventilator-with-covid

Short story:

Rob1.png.deadf8d6082d07ef443dfa7e76c6498a.png

870a07_fc721bc0061743e182d0a6370c68f68a~mv2.webp

Rob2.png.c2bd4cfe3ce70e80a6a159ca151588b4.png

Ignore the missing link, it's on the website at the link above.

Here's the current situation:

Rob3.png.02d20124a292dacfd2a77f1188a2cd16.png

22 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Short story:

Rob3.png

Maybe Yahweh decided he was done with Rob?  Maybe Yahweh decided Rob was not standing for what Yahweh's word actually says?  Maybe Yahweh sent the virus to earth to teach some humility, and through the hands of the medical researchers and doctors, sent the vaccines and the medical advice to then save humanity?

Just spitballing' what I would tell somebody like that.