COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

jfc. Orphaning your own kids to own the libs.

completely different application of Replacement Theory...

23 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I am not saying this is the case in GTJ's situation at all, but I think there is a not insignificant amount of people that use very thin COVID risk justification to avoid interacting with people they do not care to interact with, or the world at all.  For some people that want to just live in a hole, COVID has just provide them an easy way to wallow in their personality disorder. 

I have a coworker exactly like this. It’s sad, but I don’t think she’s left her apartment more than a dozen times in the last two years. 

18 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's really stunning.  Soldiers give their LIVES on the battlefield to save fellow soldiers, yet dipshits like this guy will put multiple peers out of work because he's afraid of a fucking needle.

Someone around here -- @SydneyCarton? -- said earlier today that we as a society are terrible at assessing risk, and that's dead on correct.  The odds of a medical issue arising from the covid vaccine are orders of magnitude less than the odds of serious medical problems from getting covid, but no, this dipshit is gonna fuck over himself and his staff because 'murica.

It wasnt me, but I agree 110% with the sentiment. It might have been @BrickHorn

When I was a kid I had belief in mankind. I thought we would be inventing flying cars, curing all disease and traveling the stars to explore strange new worlds.

Now I just see that man is fucking doomed and we are actually worse than the apes we evolved from.  We would have been better off if we would have just let loose the nukes during the cuban missile crisis and ended it all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

When I was a kid I had belief in mankind. I thought we would be inventing flying cars, curing all disease and traveling the stars to explore strange new worlds.

Now I just see that man is fucking doomed and we are actually worse than the apes we evolved from.  We would have been better off if we would have just let loose the nukes during the cuban missile crisis and ended it all.

Feels like Native Americans might have had it figured out. 

Against our “religious” beliefs 

“To us, it’s a big mistake. It’s against our beliefs,” said Jim.

“We’ve heard of adverse reactions like blood clotting and heart problems,” added Angela,  “Those are not supposed to happen from a vaccine and we don’t feel comfortable taking on that many risks.”

Oh look, we have two more people using their junior Doctor badge from scouts. They did their own research. 

I'm really starting to see the upside to all of this. We've been praying to Darwin for a long time to bring along something to deepen the gene pool again. I think our prayers were answered. We just need to hold tight and let it run its course. Those kids will be fine. They're now with much smarter and more capable people and will probably be raised in a more tribal setting rather than nuclear family. Good, we need to grow up knowing our world is more than just our house. I'm not saying it's good-good, but it's not bad-bad, per se.

And yes, I did just rip the bong, why do you ask?

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm really starting to see the upside to all of this. We've been praying to Darwin for a long to bring along something to deepen the gene pool again. I think our prayers were answered. We just need to hold tight and let it run its course. Those kids will be fine. They're now with much smarter and more capable people and will probably be raised in a more tribal setting rather than nuclear family. Good, we need to grow up knowing our world is more than just our house. I'm not saying it's good-good, but it's not bad-bad, per se.

This by all accounts is a fine, fine post

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

“To us, it’s a big mistake. It’s against our beliefs,” said Jim.

“We’ve heard of adverse reactions like blood clotting and heart problems,” added Angela,  “Those are not supposed to happen from a vaccine and we don’t feel comfortable taking on that many risks.”

Oh look, we have two more people using their junior Doctor badge from scouts. They did their own research. 
Point of order, Scouts BSA only offers a First Aid merit badge.

Carry on with mocking Trumpers / Covidiots.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Wife thought it'd be fun, after a long Saturday of drinking and football, to have me take our two daughters to a 7 year old birthday party this morning.  Ended up being a 3 hour party (that's insane for young kids BTW).  So she warns me and says, "By the way, don't talk about Covid-19 with the parents...they're rabid anti-vaxxers.  Says it causes all kinds of heart defects."  So they were very pleasant to chat with, ended up talking about everything except Covid. 

After three excruciating, hungover hours of sugar-fueled kids screaming...he asked for some professional advice so I gave my contact info.  I just got his linkedin request.  Apparently the man who my wife said was the most adamantly anti-vaxx guy she's met so far, and we live in a bat-shit fucking crazy school district...the guy's an Invasive Cardiologist.  That awkward moment when you're glad a surgeon you just met asked you for money instead of telling you his vaccination theories.  

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm really starting to see the upside to all of this. We've been praying to Darwin for a long to bring along something to deepen the gene pool again. I think our prayers were answered. We just need to hold tight and let it run its course. Those kids will be fine. They're now with much smarter and more capable people and will probably be raised in a more tribal setting rather than nuclear family. Good, we need to grow up knowing our world is more than just our house. I'm not saying it's good-good, but it's not bad-bad, per se.

image.gif.bf671aea7f1192cf5aaa90e53d481322.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

image.png.6bcc3af4e06e27e7de1e0cf9826c3369.png

6 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Edited by SaucyJack

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

As @ROFL BOX may attest to, at least in my experience, our Cub Scouts are masking up when asked to, without complaining, and the older Scouts who are eligible for vaccines are getting them.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Its both.  We are on a stock market like trend.  We crash from time to time but our overall trajectory is up.  Just associate with better people, and limit the TV time and your disposition will improve.  We are seeing the product of poor education and our government is an oligarchy.   Read the book Factfullness, it will help you gain perspective.

• Hook 'Em 1

Its both.  We are on a stock market like trend.  We crash from time to time but our overall trajectory is up.  Just associate with better people, and limit the TV time and your disposition will improve.  We are seeing the product of poor education and our government is an oligarchy.   Read the book Factfullness, it will help you gain perspective.

That’s all well and good…till you look at the prices we paid for those crashes last century. Tens of millions dead, generations lost, nations laid to waste. We know how these crashes go.

That’s all well and good…till you look at the prices we paid for those crashes last century. Tens of millions dead, generations lost, nations laid to waste. We know how these crashes go.

It isn’t linear. It is a sinusoidal advance. Sometimes it is appropriate to focus on the crashes, but other times it is better to focus on the advancement. After 4 years of Trump exhaustion topped with a pandemic, and Texas football, it is necessary for my psyche, to look on the bright side of life, or sing the best day if you you were exposed to sponge Bob.

13 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

But Texas would have missed out on all 4 football MNC’s.....

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

fuck it, let them do it. the lulz alone is worth it and hopefully they see some huge insurance bills come their way 

Most comedy shows don't repeat the same joke.  Also you really think these dumbasses will pay?  They go to facebook for medical advice and tractor supply is their pharmacy.   

21 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

244941998_5101331989881374_2938715157562

Look, the day that I let someone tell me what I can or cannot stick up my butt is a day that will NEVER come!  Choosing what to jam up my ass is my God-given right!  FREEDOM!

freedom-braveheart.gif

Wait....I submitted this post on the, umm, "private" board, right?  Because otherwise, I was just posting that for a friend.

Look, the day that I let someone tell me what I can or cannot stick up my butt is a day that will NEVER come!  Choosing what to jam up my ass is my God-given right!  FREEDOM!
freedom-braveheart.gif
Wait....I submitted this post on the, umm, "private" board, right?  Because otherwise, I was just posting that for a friend.

A million to one shot, doc!
  • Hook 'Em 1