COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

On 10/17/2021 at 7:56 AM, Biff Tannen said:

I have a coworker exactly like this. It’s sad, but I don’t think she’s left her apartment more than a dozen times in the last two years. 

I've never excelled at work like I have during covid working from home. 

Cutting out all the bullshit politics, team building nonsense, and other crap forcing me to pretend to like people has been a god send.

I'm incapable of hiding my contempt and disgust for incompetence when face to face with it. Now I don't have to pretend. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Prager: "It is infinitely preferable to have natural immunity than vaccine immunity."

Also Prager: "I have receved monoclonal antibodies, I have been taking ivermectin, I have been taking hydroxychloriquine, arrithromyacin ..."  etc...

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Cutting out all the bullshit politics, team building nonsense, and other crap forcing me to pretend to like people has been a god send.

I'm incapable of hiding my contempt and disgust for incompetence when face to face with it. Now I don't have to pretend. 

I'm on #TeamMIA, too.  It's amazing how much more work I get done when someone doesn't knock on my door every five minutes to bitch about something that doesn't involve me.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Prager: "It is infinitely preferable to have natural immunity than vaccine immunity."

Also Prager: "I have receved monoclonal antibodies, I have been taking ivermectin, I have been taking hydroxychloriquine, arrithromyacin ..."  etc...

literally wtf! i can't even articulate what i was thinking as he's going thru the literal laundry list of whatever the fuck drug cocktail he's been taking while bragging about 'natural' immunity. i don't even know the word for these people anymore. just fuck OFF 🤬 

OH...and also bragging about how many people he's come in contact with with ZERO acknowledgement that he's a rich white guy of course it's easy for him to get swift access to literally every possible treatment. this thread is FILLED with stupid people who didn't have that access.

*breath* gawd...i dunno why this doucheface set me off so much, but gotdamn i seriously wish terrible, horrible things would happen to more of them. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 3:36 PM, Lobo said:

Wife thought it'd be fun, after a long Saturday of drinking and football, to have me take our two daughters to a 7 year old birthday party this morning.  Ended up being a 3 hour party (that's insane for young kids BTW).  So she warns me and says, "By the way, don't talk about Covid-19 with the parents...they're rabid anti-vaxxers.  Says it causes all kinds of heart defects."  So they were very pleasant to chat with, ended up talking about everything except Covid. 

After three excruciating, hungover hours of sugar-fueled kids screaming...he asked for some professional advice so I gave my contact info.  I just got his linkedin request.  Apparently the man who my wife said was the most adamantly anti-vaxx guy she's met so far, and we live in a bat-shit fucking crazy school district...the guy's an Invasive Cardiologist.  That awkward moment when you're glad a surgeon you just met asked you for money instead of telling you his vaccination theories.  

Wait so your neighbor is a Interventional Cardiologist (not a surgeon BTW) and he believes that the COVID vaccines causes “all kinds of heart defects” ??  Really?  I know I am going to regret this but please ask him for his theory and post it.

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm on #TeamMIA, too.  It's amazing how much more work I get done when someone doesn't knock on my door every five minutes to bitch about something that doesn't involve me.

Nearly all the people who report to me have said they accomplish more from home and to a person, I’ve found them more productive back in the office. They literally don’t see what they don’t see. I’m not immune to this, I also felt the same way about myself and I think the boss would say the same about me that I do about my reports. 

I will say that it depends on industry and we absolutely have learned that more flex to do home office for specific circumstances or projects makes for happier, more productive employees. But default home office, no way. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mchookem said:

literally wtf! i can't even articulate what i was thinking as he's going thru the literal laundry list of whatever the fuck drug cocktail he's been taking while bragging about 'natural' immunity. i don't even know the word for these people anymore. just fuck OFF 🤬 

OH...and also bragging about how many people he's come in contact with with ZERO acknowledgement that he's a rich white guy of course it's easy for him to get swift access to literally every possible treatment. this thread is FILLED with stupid people who didn't have that access.

*breath* gawd...i dunno why this doucheface set me off so much, but gotdamn i seriously wish terrible, horrible things would happen to more of them. 

Just pure mulishness. The mononucleal antibodies are the chefs kiss, it hilarious to watch these dipshits twist themselves into knots to try and treat that shit like some sort of craft home brew organic shit, sticking it to big Pharma.

Also, Prager literally makes his money by treating gotdamn YouTube videos as “doing your own research” just like those professors at universities. He’s like a patron saint of fleecing the cognitively disadvantages except he’s apparently gotten high on his own supply. One of the more contemptible leeches of the 21st century right wing digital fever swamp. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Nearly all the people who report to me have said they accomplish more from home and to a person, I’ve found them more productive back in the office. They literally don’t see what they don’t see. I’m not immune to this, I also felt the same way about myself and I think the boss would say the same about me that I do about my reports. 

I will say that it depends on industry and we absolutely have learned that more flex to do home office for specific circumstances or projects makes for happier, more productive employees. But default home office, no way. 

For me and the team I'm on, we're settling in on going in one or two days a week mainly just to maintain the team culture. We've all been pretty productive at home (or at least hitting all the metrics and expectations of leadership...) but we've all felt pretty disconnected from eachother, which is a problem when we tend to do a bunch of collaborative problem solving/architecting lol.

I'd imagine that they're more productive per unit time in the office, but work longer from home at a lower intensity

And he's out.

https://theathletic.com/news/washington-state-fires-nick-rolovich-as-vaccine-mandate-deadline-passes-reports/WPtOYKJSw27g/

Washington State fired head coach Nick Rolovich and his unvaccinated assistant coaches on Monday with cause, according to media reports, as the state's COVID-19 vaccine mandate for state employees went into effect. Washington state employees had to be vaccinated or approved for an exemption by Monday. No immediate plans for an interim coach were announced.

Spoiler

Rolovich, who said in July he was not vaccinated, confirmed after the team’s win over Oregon State on Oct. 9 that he had applied for an exemption. The coach said Saturday that he was still waiting on a decision regarding his exemption request, and he did not know what athletic director Pat Chun would do if his exemption was approved.

In a July news conference, Rolovich said he would not receive the COVID-19 vaccination but also told reporters he was not "against" vaccinations: "The reason for my individual choice will remain private. However, I want to make it clear, I respect, I support all the work being done by the state of Washington, who as a state has one of the highest percentages of vaccinations in the country."

However, in mid-August, Rolovich indicated that he would get the COVID-19 vaccine, saying, "I plan on following (Gov. Jay Inslee's) mandate. For sure."

Rolovich's tenure with the Cougars ends in his second season after just seven games. Rolovich, who was hired from Hawaii before the 2020 season, went 5-6 with WSU. The Cougars defeated Stanford 34-31 on Saturday to move to 4-3 this season.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Just pure mulishness. The mononucleal antibodies are the chefs kiss, it hilarious to watch these dipshits twist themselves into knots to try and treat that shit like some sort of craft home brew organic shit, sticking it to big Pharma.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Don't forget, Allen West.

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hell of a hill to die on.Those guys may have trouble finding work elsewhere, at least work that pays as well.

Because they've just told the world that they are extremely difficult employees/coaches to work with.

WS player/ Coach, I think this weight lifting regime is harmful to my body. I think I will pass./WS player.

Can you imagine how quick that guy would be off team.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Gosh….it’s a darned shame that a clear-headed thinker like that is no longer in law enforcement. Whatever will we do without him?

He's got a lucrative writer career ahead of him in Hollywood. The script that he gave the dispatcher to read about him was so natural and unforced.

7 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I'm right there with you.  My CEO, who is rightfully distrustful of people angling for unique work protocol, told me about 6 months after our self-imposed quarantine "holy shit, you are kicking ass, you don't ever have to come into the office again".

He's right for seeing it.  I'm happy to work 7 days a week if I can do so at my pace with my interruptions and family obligations.  Make me drive to and from the office M-F?  OK, you'll get M-F, as it sets a psychological barrier I struggle to get beyond.

It's a new world out there.  Demand production of your employees, not conformance.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Hell of a hill to die on.Those guys may have trouble finding work elsewhere, at least work that pays as well.
Because they've just told the world that they are extremely difficult employees/coaches to work with.

The coaches are fucked, but Rolovich is a martyr now. He’ll have his own Newsmax show by the end of the year (“And that’s how I Rol-o” or some shit) and he’ll probably get a Medal of Freedom by the Trump administration in 2025.
He was a below average coach at one of the ten least desirable P5 schools, this honestly was probably a smart business decision for him in the long run.

I'm having such a hard time feeling bad for a dipshit who has banked $2.8M for two years running.  Anyone who can't stretch that to the grave is an idiot, especially in Pullman, WA.  Dude was living like a king but is too stupid to keep the gravy train rolling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm right there with you.  My CEO, who is rightfully distrustful of people angling for unique work protocol, told me about 6 months after our self-imposed quarantine "holy shit, you are kicking ass, you don't ever have to come into the office again".

He's right for seeing it.  I'm happy to work 7 days a week if I can do so at my pace with my interruptions and family obligations.  Make me drive to and from the office M-F?  OK, you'll get M-F, as it sets a psychological barrier I struggle to get beyond.

It's a new world out there.  Demand production of your employees, not conformance.

I usually start my giant data draw and compilers at the end of the day and let em roll while I hit a happy hour, dinner etc. By the time I'mback home its all finished and I look like a hero. Take a few minutes to check for errors then shut it down. 

That might happen once a month if I was back at the office 8-5.

• Like 1

I've worked from home for the better part of 20 years and love it, so on that front not much has changed.

However, I really miss seeing customers/prospects in person.  Our European based company has forbidden face to face contact with customers and prospects for the foreseeable future.  I have large customers here in the DFW and Houston areas who like face to face engagement, so I essentially lie about seeing them.  The only thing that sucks is I can't expense lunches/dinners or gas/mileage (drive to Houston), so that sucks.

I'm not sure when we'll be able to travel again but I'm fucking stir crazy, as far as work goes. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I've worked from home for the better part of 20 years and love it, so on that front not much has changed.

However, I really miss seeing customers/prospects in person.  Our European based company has forbidden face to face contact with customers and prospects for the foreseeable future.  I have large customers here in the DFW and Houston areas who like face to face engagement, so I essentially lie about seeing them.  The only thing that sucks is I can't expense lunches/dinners or gas/mileage (drive to Houston), so that sucks.

I'm not sure when we'll be able to travel again but I'm fucking stir crazy, as far as work goes. 

Man, same here. I get to travel for work next week for only the 2nd time in two years after traveling 30+ weeks a year for the previous decade. I'm really looking forward to it, and have booked an extra night just so me and the 2-3 customers I've been really good friends with can hang out separately as a smaller group.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'd hit it six ways to Sunday.

horizontal

She must sideline report for Penn State...because that's a great uniform, bad helmet.  

A maskless woman accused of refusing to leave a Costa Mesa grocery store has become the only person to go on trial in Orange County after allegedly refusing to follow face-covering mandates at local businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.

A jury will soon decide whether Marianne Campbell Smith is guilty of a pair of misdemeanor charges, including trespassing and obstructing a business or customers, for allegedly refusing to leave busy Mother’s Market near the Triangle Square during an anti-mask protest on Aug. 15, 2020.

A second woman who entered the store with Smith – Jennifer Marie Sterling – headed off a jury trial by taking a plea deal requiring her to plead no contest to an infraction for refusing to leave when ordered by a police officer upon an owner’s request. She received a suspended sentence rather than any time behind bars, court records show.

The criminal case is an outlier for Orange County police and prosecutors, who largely focused on education and outreach rather than arrests and criminal charges when it came to mask mandates and other coronavirus restrictions.

During the pandemic, only one local business owner – the operator of a Costa Mesa bar – was charged with flouting COVID limits. And with the exception of Smith and Sterling, no other arrests or charges tied to covid-related business mandates were reported Questioning by Smith’s attorney during her trial raised the possibility that Smith had health issues that prevented her from wearing a mask. That explanation was also cited by her online supporters.  During her trial this week in a Westminster courtroom, Smith wore a plastic face shield, as local courts continue to require all visitors and employees to wear face coverings. Around a dozen of Smith’s supporters watched from the courtroom gallery.

According to testimony, a bustling shopping day at the high-traffic grocery store was disrupted by a planned protest that forced employees to close the market’s main doors, minutes after Smith, Sterling and another woman walked into the business without masks.

The store manager at the time, Eric Katz, testified that he stepped in front of Smith and the other women to prevent them from entering the market. Katz described the women as pushing past him, though he acknowledged they did not make physical contact with store employees`Katz testified that he and a security guard hired to help with the protest followed Smith, Sterling and the other woman around the store – through the produce and bread sections – as he told them at least five times that they needed to either put a face covering on or leave. The manager said he gave them the option of using an online service such as Instacart, or simply providing a list of groceries employees could bring out to them.

“She discussed doing it for her freedom,” Katz said of why Smith told him she wasn’t wearing a mask.

Smith – who was carrying a sign reading, “Healthy people do not wear masks” and Sterling – who was wearing a skirt with “Trump” written on it – eventually walked up to the checkout line, where Smith tried to pay for a container of food and a bag of chips. When employees refused to ring her up, Smith left $5 near the register, according to the surveillance footage.

At the same time, a group of around two dozen protestors had moved from the parking lot to the entrance to the market, leading employees to close the main door and helping those inside the store exit through the back. Surveillance footage showed the group brandishing signs and flags reading “Trump 2020,” “Keep America Great,” and “Keep your politics off our faces.”

Costa Mesa Officer Robert Hanson testified that he was one of numerous officers who were stationed near the protest – a group that included SWAT team members. Hanson and a group of officers entered the market and arrested Smith and Sterling. The third woman, who has not been named during the trial, apparently left the market before police arrived.

Hanson described the protestors yelling “shame, shame, shame” and comparing the police to Nazis as they brought Smith and Sterling out of the market.

During an interview with police played in court, Smith said it was discrimination not to let her in the store without a mask, and said she had the right to shop at the market. Under cross-examination by Smith’s attorney – Frederick Fascenelli – the officer agreed that Smith told them, “I can’t wear a mask,” and acknowledged that they didn’t follow up by asking her why.

The defense attorney during his questioning of the store manager and the officer repeatedly indicated that Smith had a card indicating that she had some sort of medical condition. Fascenelli also repeatedly questioned the store manager about local health orders that he said seemed to allow people people with health conditions to avoid wearing masks.

The manager said in court that the market’s mask policy was handed down from their corporate leaders based on health guidance at the state, local and federal levels that often shifted during the pandemic.

Smith told the judge on Tuesday that she does not plan to testify. Closing arguments in the trial are expected to take place on Wednesday.