COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

18 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Wait. Did he incorporate getting swabbed for a Covid test as the reason to why he now lacks the sense of smell and taste? Did I read that right?

That's not how it works.

Edit to add, it's probably best to not have any sense of taste and smell if you live in Oklahoma.

Yeah, obviously got covid from the swab.  (M'kay.)  Then, as you read it, the entire family has or had covid but they don't want anyone tested for it or vaccinated against it.  Then say they believe it's real but not a big deal.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

A Trumpkin Okie from my FB feed.  I just don't know where to begin:

Well I got a call from Cyndi’s school on Monday due to her yearly barking cough caused by allergies due to the Ragweed being high. I picked up which is no problem I understand their protocols. I was told she can come back in 7 days if she gets tested and it comes back negative if not we have to stay home for 10 days. Needless to say we are home for 10 days because I refuse to get her swabbed because ever since I have been swabbed in January I haven’t had my smell or taste. Since school has started we have had 4 out of the 5 kids at home almost every week due to croup, 2 with strep, and now a cough with no fever. I have taken my kids to the pediatrician due to their symptoms but I and Kayla didn’t want them tested for Covid. Sure enough the other test came back positive for strep. I did take Cyndi to OU Children’s the other night due to her cough was pretty intense but they didn’t shove us in a tent we sat in the waiting room with all the other sick kiddos they gave her steroids instantly improved came home and we followed up with essential oil in humidifier and continue taking her Elderberry with zinc and Vit.D and she is a 100% better already. So I have the right to refuse the testing and I have the right to not vaccinate my children and family. That’s the best part of living in America is we have the right to what we do to our bodies. My children do watch the news on all stations and they’re educated in what is going on in our country and they have the right to vote for either party when they’re of age but until then I will fight for their rights until I die. I’m not saying that Covid isn’t there and people haven’t died from it but people die every year from the flu and children die every year from RSV so people if you want to get vaccinated I have no problem with that but don’t shove it down are throats to do the same

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

image.gif.8f928a8d676b7199e9cd64f459af0458.gif

My ex-wife won't get vaxxed and says she will not get tested for COVID if she has symptoms because she's convinced there's some kind of chemical-type shit in the swab. SMGDH

• Haha 3

Just now, conVINCEd said:

Bad choice on the first marriage, good choice on the divorce.

Oh, you don't know the half of it. She's B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Wasn't like that when we met or until after we had our first kid -- something happened there. She dropped my 16-year-old daughter off tonight and my daughter said my ex told her she's now thinking of no longer eating "cooked" foods because she thinks that's what is ailing her. She's already completely vegan -- as hard-core as you can get -- and uses no chemicals whatsoever. I think she spends eight hours a day preparing her meals/snacks and whatever. She's convinced that there are a select bunch of chosen people on this planet that will relocate/skip to some other planet or world at some point in the future.

She's completely insane and I only have to deal with her directly for 4-5 more years until my son graduates HS. Luckily, my daughter knows she's crazy. My son does too to a lesser extent. They love her but know she's not right in the head. I can't believe she let my daughter get vaxxed -- I think she got tired of my daughter bugging her about it. She authorized the first shot but said she couldn't get the second for quite some time. We went ahead and got #2 without telling her. She's adamant my 13-year-old son cannot get it at this time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Oh, you don't know the half of it. She's B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Wasn't like that when we met or until after we had our first kid -- something happened there. She dropped my 16-year-old daughter off tonight and my daughter said my ex told her she's now thinking of no longer eating "cooked" foods because she thinks that's what is ailing her. She's already completely vegan -- as hard-core as you can get -- and uses no chemicals whatsoever. I think she spends eight hours a day preparing her meals/snacks and whatever. She's convinced that there are a select bunch of chosen people on this planet that will relocate/skip to some other planet or world at some point in the future.

She's completely insane and I only have to deal with her directly for 4-5 more years until my son graduates HS. Luckily, my daughter knows she's crazy. My son does too to a lesser extent. They love her but know she's not right in the head. I can't believe she let my daughter get vaxxed -- I think she got tired of my daughter bugging her about it. She authorized the first shot but said she couldn't get the second for quite some time. We went ahead and got #2 without telling her. She's adamant my 13-year-old son cannot get it at this time.

There’s a 1/15 chance my wife taught your kids, given their ages, it was prior to me meeting my wife, but  I have heard plenty of stories about crazy moms.  Nothing would surprise me.  Nothing.

41 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Well she sounds like a lot of fun. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The sex must have been like the director's cut of Eyes Wide Shut

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Survey conducted Nov. 18-29, 2020.

It’s the same regardless of date. Ain’t nobody got time to sort through everything to find the perfect evidence.  Here it is from last month. Check out the bottom right:

image.thumb.png.53b36ffb7d055419411d144182e4baca.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/science/2021/09/15/majority-in-u-s-says-public-health-benefits-of-covid-19-restrictions-worth-the-costs-even-as-large-shares-also-see-downsides/

here is for vaccinating kids:

WASHINGTON — A poll whose results were released Aug. 5 by the Public Religion Research Institute showed large differences between religious groups in their attitudes toward getting the COVID-19 vaccine for themselves or for their children.

Forty percent of white Catholics and 48% of Hispanic Catholics said they have gotten or will get their children vaccinated, but only 18% of white evangelical Protestants and 27% of Hispanic Protestants said they will do the same. The two Protestant groups are the least likely to do so of all the groups surveyed in the poll.

• Hook 'Em 1

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

It’s not Catholics that are the holdouts here. It’s only white non-practicing, which basically means Republican. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bf749e6445bd80d192b4b3e494828ae6.jpeg

image.jpeg.c9042e5c922764db8cccf4a8faef074c.jpeg

The priest down in LaCrosse who was shamelessly shilling COVID and vaccine misinfo was sacked and told to shut up. Naturally, he didn't.

https://www.ncronline.org/news/parish/altman-controversial-wisconsin-priest-still-speaking-out-despite-limits-bishop

I hope non-Catholics have some idea of how egregiously a priest has to fuck up in order to be removed from his post. 

• Rage+1 1

Got another call yesterday with an employee out due to Covid.

Regardless of any political affiliation, I just want to end the call with "Fuck you.  There's something you could have easily done to prevent it."

So sick of this bullshit, and I'm not talking about the actual illness. i don't want anyone to die from it.  Just pull your fucking head out of your ass.

Edited by slorch

46 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I was looking at the Herman Cain awards thread. I'm a little amused when people say "he's in a better place now."

Is he really better off dead?

The average Trumpkin currently exists in a hellscape of the mind populated with demonic liberals and brown people torturing them mercilessly with their existence.  Death would absolutely be a deliverance for those people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

I saw that Halloween decoration too and wanted to copy.  I decided against because doing this stuff online is cathartic for me. In real life you don’t really know how that’s going to hit people.  Someone lost their dad because of it and sees the decoration — bad juju IMO.  

Agreed.  Mrs. F saw this and had ideas for a whole graveyards' worth.  They were good ideas.  

But I was like, "Man, that's funny, but I'm not trying to politicize our yard for Halloween.  I'm trying to get Chad Jr. to get so much candy that I can steal from his jack o'lantern all year long and he won't even notice."  She said I was no fun.  I asked her what Ted Lasso would do.  So we're just doing decorations just scary enough to give the kids a thrill, but not traumatize them.  And then we're going to drink on the front lawn and pass out candy to the little ones.  You know, like we do every year.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1