COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

13 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yup. United Airlines now has a 97% vaccination rate and is getting paperwork together to say bye to the 3% who aren’t vaccinated. Since they are my airline I'm very gruntled but this development. 

i'm sure some Houston dipshits will be along shortly to boycott United Airlines in the name of freedom.

"I'd rather take a Greyhound bus filled with infected people than fly my hometown airline that sold out to the big hoax!"  

Johnny, tell them what they've won!!!!

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ben Garrison actually spoke to Gizmodo about getting covid, and that he and his wife being in their mid-60s is slowing them down in recovery.

https://gizmodo.com/anti-vaccine-cartoonist-ben-garrison-says-hes-got-covid-1847749901

This is honestly one of the best examples of journalism I've ever seen at quoting a liar without promoting their lies.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is honestly one of the best examples of journalism I've ever seen at quoting a liar without promoting their lies.

I wish they would have refuted how he attributed getting the virus was from a restaurant because the next day he and his friends felt symptoms. It was my understanding there was a longer dormancy than 12 hours.

30 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I wish they would have refuted how he attributed getting the virus was from a restaurant because the next day he and his friends felt symptoms. It was my understanding there was a longer dormancy than 12 hours.

I didn't read the article . . . was it delta?  I've definitely read that the lag between infection and symptoms is shorter with delta than the earlier variants.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I didn't read the article . . . was it delta?  I've definitely read that the lag between infection and symptoms is shorter with delta than the earlier variants.

I didn't notice them saying one way or the other, but I guess with the majority of new cases being delta-variant it would be safe to assume.   

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

I didn't notice them saying one way or the other, but I guess with the majority of new cases being delta-variant it would be safe to assume.   

Yeah, aren't the overwhelming majority of cases now Delta -- or maybe some new variant that we haven't even heard of yet (Frank the Tank nod) -- these days? And, yes, I believe the exposure to showing infection period is shorter with Delta but I'm not sure it's 12 hours.

5 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Mocking unvaxxed COVID victims is the new pandemic blood sport:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mocking-unvaccinated-covid-victims-is-the-new-pandemic-blood-sport

"The goal is to scare the bejeezus out of people on the fence about getting vaccinated against COVID,” the proprietor of SorryAntivaxxer.com told The Daily Beast via an anonymized email service

But according to Brewer, the tactic on display in these unvaxxed death encyclopedia communities “may not be as on target as they think it is.”

Just before the pandemic, back in 2018, a meta-analysis of 16 papers by researchers in the U.K. and Canada led by Joanne Parsons of the University of Manitoba found no good link between fear-based tactics and vaccine uptake and noted that the issue was in dire need of further study.

“The problem is, for vaccination, fear communication doesn’t seem to work,” Brewer told The Daily Beast.

I think they are missing the point, at least for me.  It's not about scaring people into getting vaccinated.  It's about fucking around and finding out.  

I have been reading William Gibson's The Peripheral (2014), which describes a world where "Jackpot" wipes out 80% of humans over 40 years. 

I see the vaccinated as similar to the 20% who survived "jackpot" - 

"At the deepest point of everything going to sh*t, population radically reduced, the survivors saw less carbon being dumped into the system.  . . .And seeing that, for them, the survivors, was like seeing the bullet dodged.

The bullet was the eighty percent, who died. . . "

Perhaps we are better off with the willingly unvaccinated choosing death. 

I am losing my empathy for those in the death cult.  I need a drink.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well there's also the fact that every time an unvaccinated person dies of COVID, the percent of the eligible population that has been vaccinated increases, which in turn limits the spread of COVID.

More anti-vax deaths equals a quicker end to COVID. In fact, if every single person who will never get the vaccine for stupid (i.e., not actually medical) reasons were to die tomorrow, COVID would be over pretty damn quickly, right?

So in a way, cheering for anti-vaxxer COVID deaths is cheering against COVID long-term, not for it.

Yes, that is what I was trying to say in a less direct way. 

Well there's also the fact that every time an unvaccinated person dies of COVID, the percent of the eligible population that has been vaccinated increases, which in turn limits the spread of COVID.
More anti-vax deaths equals a quicker end to COVID. In fact, if every single person who will never get the vaccine for stupid (i.e., not actually medical) reasons were to die tomorrow, COVID would be over pretty damn quickly, right?
So in a way, cheering for anti-vaxxer COVID deaths is cheering against COVID long-term, not for it.

Thinning the herd, man.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

I have been reading William Gibson's The Peripheral (2014), which describes a world where "Jackpot" wipes out 80% of humans over 40 years. 

I see the vaccinated as similar to the 20% who survived "jackpot" - 

"At the deepest point of everything going to sh*t, population radically reduced, the survivors saw less carbon being dumped into the system.  . . .And seeing that, for them, the survivors, was like seeing the bullet dodged.

The bullet was the eighty percent, who died. . . "

Perhaps we are better off with the willingly unvaccinated choosing death. 

I am losing my empathy for those in the death cult.  I need a drink.

Welcome, what took you so long?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think they are missing the point, at least for me.  It's not about scaring people into getting vaccinated.  It's about fucking around and finding out.  

Harrington argues that the change has to come within their circle. But, since they can't let the mark go they die.

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I realized some may be so miserable with their choices in life that death may be the ambition. Their bodies.

I hate that they take others with them. 

They don't think that far ahead. It's all about the feelz. They cannot admit that they were wrong. The social death is worse than the actual dying. What do they care for those left behind? They would rather see the world in ashes than to ever admit fallibility.

• Like 1

About this X% of employees at any given place that may be willing to get fired instead of vaxxed, I wonder how much they overlap with people who were thinking about quitting anyway. I mean, every year before Covid, some people quit their jobs, even well-paid jobs with pensions. Maybe they quit because they just hated it. But now, you can quit and be oppressed, maybe glom onto a class-action lawsuit down the road.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

About this X% of employees at any given place that may be willing to get fired instead of vaxxed, I wonder how much they overlap with people who were thinking about quitting anyway. I mean, every year before Covid, some people quit their jobs, even well-paid jobs with pensions. Maybe they quit because they just hated it. But now, you can quit and be oppressed, maybe glom onto a class-action lawsuit down the road.

I think there is a lot of that going on.  I’m also curious about the salary levels.

Some Director level type with a stay at home wife and two kids isn’t quitting.

13 hours ago, Grandioso said:

This graphic
 210927-pearl-antivaxxer-forums-tease_bh8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they wanna take the high road, fine.  Fuck them for judging the rest of us who have grown weary of trying to negotiate with these assholes, though. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 8:58 AM, MissingInAction said:

Went to my favorite bar the other day where I know everyone is vaccinated. Its a small neighborhood bar where you know everyone there except on the weekend nights when it gets busy.

Anyway this guy, known Trumpkin, comes walking in. One of the regulars yells, "Asshole, have you been vaxxed yet?!"

Asshole says no and the whole bar starts yelling at him to GTFO.

He didn't leave but went to the far corner of the bar in exile.

If only all the divisiveness could be handled is this low key way.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

I realized some may be so miserable with their choices in life that death may be the ambition. Their bodies.

I hate that they take others with them. 

As someone who is getting long in the tooth, I think you are on to something.  Although I'd like to think when I give up on life I'll take some dark skinned gangsters out, like Clint Eastwood did in that movie, rather than just kill myself and some other fat due with the Trump virus.

27 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Found out yesterday that the dude who used to own the place we get our tattoos done up in Taos died from "covid-related complications." He used to own it cause he's dead now.

Anyway, he didn't believe it was real. The height of fafo.

For your sake, I hope he believed in cleaning his equipment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

For your sake, I hope he believed in cleaning his equipment. 

I sure hope so too. I did not know his beliefs until I found out he died and that is when I found out about his disbelief.

we haven’t been there in several months and didn’t go in there until after we had the vaccine anyway. He didn’t work on any of us. 

4 minutes ago, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.3ce6f9bc468785bb68974b8e5439b473.png

It’s not Catholics that are the holdouts here. It’s only white non-practicing, which basically means Republican. 

VATICAN CITY (CNS) — Getting vaccinated is “an act of love,” Pope Francis said in his latest urgent appeal, after more than a year of insisting COVID-19 vaccines be equitably available worldwide for everyone to get inoculated.

Nonetheless, some Catholics have been wondering if they should seek a religious exemption from an immunization requirement with vaccines tested or produced with cell lines originally derived from aborted fetuses more than 50 years ago.

Individuals are free to make a decision on getting the vaccine. Some, like the Archdiocese of New York, have said for Catholics, refusing the vaccine would be based on a personal belief, not Catholic teaching, as the Vatican and pope have made it clear some vaccines for COVID-19 are permissible and it’s a moral duty to get vaccinated.

Because there has been “overwhelming consensus within the Catholic magisterium” for years on the permissibility of using such vaccines in the absence of alternatives, “to counsel people that it is legitimate to refuse the vaccines on religious grounds — and, in fact, to facilitate it — is to actively assist people in mal-forming their consciences,” said M. Therese Lysaught, a corresponding member of the Pontifical Academy for Life.

“In fact, in actively assisting people to put the lives of others at risk, such advocates assist them in being indifferent to and even assisting them in doing evil. This sins against charity. This is the Catholic definition of scandal,” said the professor at the Neiswanger Institute for Bioethics and Healthcare Leadership of the Stritch School of Medicine at Loyola University in Chicago.

She and other experts in bioethics or moral theology responded by email Aug. 19 to a series of questions by Catholic News Service.

Vaccinations, like all medical interventions, are voluntary — a right that is upheld by the church and democratic societies.

However, Lysaught said vaccinations are also “morally obligatory” when they are seen as an “ordinary means” of protecting human life.

According to the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, “An ordinary or proportionate means is one that offers a reasonable hope of benefit and does not entail an excessive burden or impose excessive expense on the family or community,” she said, saying that COVID-19 vaccines meet those requirements.

Lysaught said: “Vaccines are clearly ‘ordinary means,’ and ordinary means are morally obligatory” — assuming, there are no associated medical or health risks for that individual. Catholic tradition teaches that “voluntarily protecting our own life and health and the life and health of others is an overriding theological and moral commitment,” she said.

image.thumb.jpeg.bf749e6445bd80d192b4b3e494828ae6.jpeg

image.jpeg.c9042e5c922764db8cccf4a8faef074c.jpeg

• Like 1

A Trumpkin Okie from my FB feed.  I just don't know where to begin:

Well I got a call from Cyndi’s school on Monday due to her yearly barking cough caused by allergies due to the Ragweed being high. I picked up which is no problem I understand their protocols. I was told she can come back in 7 days if she gets tested and it comes back negative if not we have to stay home for 10 days. Needless to say we are home for 10 days because I refuse to get her swabbed because ever since I have been swabbed in January I haven’t had my smell or taste. Since school has started we have had 4 out of the 5 kids at home almost every week due to croup, 2 with strep, and now a cough with no fever. I have taken my kids to the pediatrician due to their symptoms but I and Kayla didn’t want them tested for Covid. Sure enough the other test came back positive for strep. I did take Cyndi to OU Children’s the other night due to her cough was pretty intense but they didn’t shove us in a tent we sat in the waiting room with all the other sick kiddos they gave her steroids instantly improved came home and we followed up with essential oil in humidifier and continue taking her Elderberry with zinc and Vit.D and she is a 100% better already. So I have the right to refuse the testing and I have the right to not vaccinate my children and family. That’s the best part of living in America is we have the right to what we do to our bodies. My children do watch the news on all stations and they’re educated in what is going on in our country and they have the right to vote for either party when they’re of age but until then I will fight for their rights until I die. I’m not saying that Covid isn’t there and people haven’t died from it but people die every year from the flu and children die every year from RSV so people if you want to get vaccinated I have no problem with that but don’t shove it down are throats to do the same

15 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

A Trumpkin Okie from my FB feed.  I just don't know where to begin:

Well I got a call from Cyndi’s school on Monday due to her yearly barking cough caused by allergies due to the Ragweed being high. I picked up which is no problem I understand their protocols. I was told she can come back in 7 days if she gets tested and it comes back negative if not we have to stay home for 10 days. Needless to say we are home for 10 days because I refuse to get her swabbed because ever since I have been swabbed in January I haven’t had my smell or taste. Since school has started we have had 4 out of the 5 kids at home almost every week due to croup, 2 with strep, and now a cough with no fever. I have taken my kids to the pediatrician due to their symptoms but I and Kayla didn’t want them tested for Covid. Sure enough the other test came back positive for strep. I did take Cyndi to OU Children’s the other night due to her cough was pretty intense but they didn’t shove us in a tent we sat in the waiting room with all the other sick kiddos they gave her steroids instantly improved came home and we followed up with essential oil in humidifier and continue taking her Elderberry with zinc and Vit.D and she is a 100% better already. So I have the right to refuse the testing and I have the right to not vaccinate my children and family. That’s the best part of living in America is we have the right to what we do to our bodies. My children do watch the news on all stations and they’re educated in what is going on in our country and they have the right to vote for either party when they’re of age but until then I will fight for their rights until I die. I’m not saying that Covid isn’t there and people haven’t died from it but people die every year from the flu and children die every year from RSV so people if you want to get vaccinated I have no problem with that but don’t shove it down are throats to do the same

Is this Lincoln Riley?  I really hope this is Lincoln Riley

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1