COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

16 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

LDS, not quiverfull, if the info I came up with was correct. I googled and it looks like around half of the church members (nationwide) are hesitant towards the vaccine. Church leadership (via news articles) has been consistent with vaccine guidance, but like other groups there is division.

Ya know, it's interesting how the religious cults sects that are big on pumping out a shitload of babies and keeping their women at home really hate taking measures to protect their children from disease. Funny how things work, I guess

• Hook 'Em 1

No kidding. Had he been vaccinated, they surely would have said so if only to let others know that it can happen.

Plus that family has "We live in a secluded house off the road and are home schooled"  written all over them.
I have a sales colleague who is unvaccinated, when she told me I looked at her like she had three heads.

We do Covid/Flu/RSV PCR testing among other anatomic/molecular testing. This colleague is also responsible for calling on LTC facilities.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Rage+1 2

Just now, Irwin F Fletcher said:

We do Covid/Flu/RSV PCR testing among other anatomic/molecular testing. This colleague is also responsible for calling on LTC facilities.

There's a shocking number of people in the LTC industry who are anti-vax and/or COVID china flu truthers. 

It is unsurprising that it's a sales person who believes what """people are saying""" over hard science though

2 hours ago, BearSchlong said:
4 hours ago, Grandioso said:
This is just too frustrating. It looks like Mr. 12-kids-no-vax worked for... A MEDICAL SUPPLY COMPANY. Just...how?
They must be printing money right now. Also looks like it's owned/operated as a family deal.

My good friend/ sawbonz's wife's bff's husband that died recently of covid at 46 was a MRI salesman.

MRI is a medical version of a NMR. The name was altered because people were scared of the word “nuclear”.  People have been ignorant, sometimes purposely so, for a long time. 

4 hours ago, Grandioso said:

That last line. I think he might be missing a major link in the causal chain of events. Perhaps failing to get vaccinated might play a bigger part in your lot than Joe Biden. Party of personal responsibility. Anywho, this guy's dead.

Well at least he owned the libs on the net on the way out.  Makes it all worth it.

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

LDS, not quiverfull, if the info I came up with was correct. I googled and it looks like around half of the church members (nationwide) are hesitant towards the vaccine. Church leadership (via news articles) has been consistent with vaccine guidance, but like other groups there is division.

5 hours ago, Captainant said:

Ya know, it's interesting how the religious cults sects that are big on pumping out a shitload of babies and keeping their women at home really hate taking measures to protect their children from disease. Funny how things work, I guess

LDS put a lot of effort into taking care of their elderly/older folks, and a lot of the elderly/older folks are running the show.

You'd think they'd all be doing everything they could to protect those folks.

Instead of taking 10 minutes to get the vaccine, they'd rather spend 10 minutes firing up their preferred genealogy program and plugging in Grandpa or Grandma's death date and where they are on Find-A-Grave.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Grandioso said:

"I don't understand how this has all gone so bad."

Well, your husband turned down a life-saving miracle and died of a preventable illness, that's my guess. 

If you had just changed the channel, your husband might be alive today.

• Rage+1 1

So I had my first long post show up this morning on my Facebook feed regretting not getting the vaccine and telling everyone to go get it ASAP. Spent three weeks in the hospital and damn near died on the way to it. The initial doctors pulled off a miracle. 

To her credit she never posts anything political that I’ve seen (although I know she’s a Republican) and instead sticks with posts about real estate transactions (surprise, she’s a realtor) and Jesus. 

Now I know she was apparently an anti vaxer too and it only took three weeks in the hospital and a near death experience unable to breath to change her mind. Hospital stay sounded pretty horrific too (for people she was around) as she can write well and her stay was not nearly as bad as many others with her.

13 hours ago, Captainant said:

I wasn't aware that you could get an honorable discharge for washing out in boot camp for refusing your vaccine shots

If you wash out of Basic Training, or otherwise gimp it up in the first 180 days, you get an Entry Level Discharge, AKA "Go Home and Grow Up." I think a guy who gets that can try to rejoin in 2 years.

So if a kid shows up at training, feels like he's died and gone to hell and wants a way out, I guess one way would be to become an instant anti-vaxxer. Another way is just to sit on the floor and not respond to orders, but most people don't know that and instead try all sorts of overly-dramatic schemes.

If things are the same as they were when I was in training, the guys who get sent home don't usually get sent home right away. They have them mopping floors and stuff until their old class graduates, so the other recruits can see them stuck there anyway.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

So I had my first long post show up this morning on my Facebook feed regretting not getting the vaccine and telling everyone to go get it ASAP. Spent three weeks in the hospital and damn near died on the way to it. The initial doctors pulled off a miracle. 

To her credit she never posts anything political that I’ve seen (although I know she’s a Republican) and instead sticks with posts about real estate transactions (surprise, she’s a realtor) and Jesus. 

Now I know she was apparently an anti vaxer too and it only took three weeks in the hospital and a near death experience unable to breath to change her mind. Hospital stay sounded pretty horrific too (for people she was around) as she can write well and her stay was not nearly as bad as many others with her.

She fucked around and found out. Glad she didn't find out worse.

Before Mongone went on a ventilator, she sent Vereckey a very emotional text.

"One of her last texts to me was, 'I was so dumb. I should have gotten vaccinated. It was my belief. I was worried, wanted to do more research. But I was wrong. I should have gotten vaccinated,'" Vereckey said. "It broke my heart because I just knew she was really, really sick."

After Mongone got sick, she made sure her 17-year-old daughter got vaccinated, her friend said.

• Like 1

MiL posting "COVID SUCKS" and pictures of a morbidly obese mid 50s dude who I recognize from stupid maga comments on BiL's facebook shit. BiL posting "FUUUUUUUUUCK" and pictures of the dude. The guy's daughter's page is just a collection of gofundme's for various dead family members. Tucker Carlson fully vaxxed and sleeping like a baby in a mansion.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Random story related to this:

I'm getting an Okie City Thunder season ticket package this year.  (Never done that before but I'll be there a lot more for family reasons.)  Anyway, the team is mandating proof of vax for fans to enter the arena.  The account manager called me this week to see if I had any questions about the policy or any feedback.  I told him I liked it but also asked if they had gotten any blowback.

"Some people but when we look them up, they bought a ticket three years ago or something but to be honest, the clients at the level I deal with are informed and understand what's going on."

I thought that summed it up perfectly.  None of these Herman Cain Award Winners are impressive people.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

After obsessively following the Herman Cain Awards for a week, I would estimate this to be a ranking of the deadliest entities/people in this country:

1. Jesus/Churches

2. Candace Owens

3. Memes of old sitcoms

4. Tucker Carlson

5. George Carlin (Just surreal how he has been coopted and quotes have been misattributed to him)