COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

I would like to take a second to grieve the deaths of all these antivaxxers.
They are dying some horrible deaths, and at some level they're not at fault. They are not great thinkers. They never got past the denial stage. They get medical advice from odd places because this is America. Then they get on the Internet and see others who think like they do, and they feel empowered and emboldened. Many have profited off of this.
It's quite sad, actually.
I ran out of fucks to give a long time ago. Fuck them. I wish we could turn them away at the hospital. No vaccine, no ER.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Bookman said:

I would like to take a second to grieve the deaths of all these antivaxxers.

They are dying some horrible deaths, and at some level they're not at fault. They are not great thinkers. They never got past the denial stage. They get medical advice from odd places because this is America. Then they get on the Internet and see others who think like they do, and they feel empowered and emboldened. Many have profited off of this.

It's quite sad, actually.

With all due respect, that's bullshit.

They are at fault. And they are not only killing themselves they are killing others. 

I don't give a shit what their "excuse" is to be a fucking idiot. They are at fault. At every level. 

• Hook 'Em 8

10 minutes ago, Deej said:

One of the few anti-vaxxers in the office tested positive after coming into the office Monday with a fever.

WTF?  "Don't come in to the office when you're sick"  is not some new thing associated with covid.  Some people are just monumentally selfish.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

WTF?  "Don't come in to the office when you're sick"  is not some new thing associated with covid.  Some people are just monumentally selfish.

I guess when they deny the virus is even real, there's no way that fever could be COVID. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Sure.  So do they deny the flu, rhinoviruses, strep, etc.?

If you have a fever, you stay home.  Period.

I've given up trying to understand their thinking. Fucking morons who think they shouldn't be told what to do, even though they are told what to do in every other aspect of their lives.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Maaaan, fuck all these antivaxx assholes. They deserve to die. The faster they die, the faster we can get through this. They are sucking up beds, resources, and fucking up hospital staff real bad. Healthcare workers at all levels are quitting in numbers never before seen in this country. Like fucking ever.

They are pieces of shit. Selfish assholes who dong give a fuck about anyone but themselves. Not their friends, not their family, not a single fellow man. They are driving drunk every day and defending their choice under the guise of personal freedom. But really they are either incredibly dumb or super scared. Coddling their toddler brain and ego is fucking tiring and fruitless. The sooner these fucks die, the better off the world will be… literally…. Because, ya know…. They are literally spreading death. 

Ive had healthcare friends die from this (before the vax was available). Ive had many coworkers leave healthcare completely. There is no coming back from this pandemic for most of them. Im still fucking having to wear an N95 for 10-12 hrs a day, 5 days a week, for the past 18 months because of these chuckledicks. 

My kids (who are 5) barely remember what the world was like before this. My 4 month old will hopefully not have to wear a mask for 8 hrs a day everyday at daycare/school. The reason we KEEP.HAVING.TO.DO.THIS. is because 30% of our society is (insert insult). While it sad that they are dying, it is the only way we can actually get through this at this point.

The sooner they die, the sooner we get to quashing this thing.

The sooner they die, the sooner my kids can have a sleepover with friends.

The sooner they die, the sooner we can let people have elective procedures that may help improve their lives.

The sooner they die, the less we have to worry about walking virus sinks giving us covid.

The sooner they die, the sooner I may be able to actually attend a church service.

The sooner they die, the sooner I can eat indoors at a restaurant.

The sooner they die, the sooner I can scrap my N95, my shitty intubation protocols, and our surgery centers will calm the fuck down because cases can be done at hospitals again.

The sooner they die, the less I have to worry about catching the virus from some antivaxxer and giving it to my newborn or my parents (both are vaxxed).

The sooner they die, the less I have to hear bullshit misinformation from Fox or Q, or faceboo memes, or whatever.

We are all just tiptoeing around the fact that society as a whole will improve when these potatoes-masquerading-as-“people” choke on their own fire-branded spit as their lungs turn to steel, their kidneys shrivel up like raisins, their atherosclerotic heart clogs like a bad garbage disposal, they get a tube in their throat, urethra, anus (google flexiseal), neck, both arms, chest tubes, nose, their backside becomes covered in pressure ulcers from laying in bed so long, their fingertips and toes start to turn black and flake off from the “jet fuel drips (norepi and epi), their head becomes swollen from all the fluids and ECMO and they look like a frog, their chest becomes sore from all of the broken ribs from chest compressions, and no one is able to be with them as they lay in shit covered agony akin to Dantes 5th circle because they decided to not get a quick, free, easy solution that would have helped not only them, but the world.

Fuck these fucks.  

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Sure.  So do they deny the flu, rhinoviruses, strep, etc.?

If you have a fever, you stay home.  Period.

Dude. Can't remember how many college kids I've told to go home and rest because they have obvious flu symptoms. "I can't go home, I have to go work the buffet right after class."

• Drool 1

12 hours ago, Grandioso said:

His final words were "I wish that I was vaccinated." Sadly, the media, the government, scientists, and doctors failed to inform everyone that the vaccine is good. 

yep.  these people did their research and saw that Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend in Trinidad took the vaccine and got humongous balls.  so clearly, the vaccine is unproven.  they did the research.  it's rock solid.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

One thing I've noticed on the Herman Cain Award subreddit that I hadn't fully appreciated is the level of hatred/distrust of Fauci with these people. This poor guy is just an egghead bureaucrat who happened to be in charge when Covid struck. That these people assign him meglomaniacal and sociopathic motives while deifying Trump is just a case study in cognitive dissonance and projection. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Just now, Jive Turkey said:

yep.  these people did their research and saw that Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend in Trinidad took the vaccine and got humongous balls.  so clearly, the vaccine is unproven.  they did the research.  it's rock solid.

The difference between National Enquirer and FB is that National Enquirer had fact-check editors who'd at least slip in an "alleged."

Vice chimes in on HermanCainAwards:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4avzym/redditors-give-the-the-herman-cain-award-to-anti-vaxxers-who-die-of-covid

The Herman Cain Award subreddit is all about the schadenfreude of seeing people who proudly proclaim to be anti-vax contract COVID-19 and, in some cases, die. And all that death is changing some people's minds.

Last week, Reddit user PaulEqualsFriendship posted an image of their appointment time for getting vaccinated to the Herman Cain Awards with the title "I do not want to be added to this sub."

"To be clear, I’m not an anti-vaxxer," PaulEqualsFriendship wrote in a comment. "I’m a stay-at-home mom and have been breastfeeding for the past 17 months. I had my hesitations because I’m still nursing, but we are now in the process of weaning. That, and this sub scares the living daylights out of me."

It's not hard to see why. The subreddit is named after Herman Cain, a former fast-food executive, Republican presidential candidate, and co-chair of Black Voices for Trump who contracted COVID-19 and died shortly after refusing to wear a mask, including at an indoor Trump rally. The Herman Cain Awards, then, aren't actual awards, but more akin to the Darwin Awards, a celebration (of sorts) of stupid ways people have died that originated on Usenet in the mid-'80s. You "win" a Herman Cain Award if you proudly refuse to get vaccinated against COVID-19, post about it on social media, and then die from it. 

Spoiler

Most posts on the subreddit are compilations of Facebook screenshots that all follow a sad pattern. The first few posts are mean-spirited memes about the libs, and then there is the announcement of a COVID diagnosis, then, often, photos from the hospital and posts about how awful their case of COVID is, and finally a screenshot from a friend or family member saying that the original poster has died.

The difference between the Darwin Awards and the Herman Cain Awards is that while many of the people featured in the Darwin Awards died in silly or predictable ways, they didn’t necessarily do anything that led to their deaths. There’s a very reliable way to not get a Herman Cain Award, though: by getting vaccinated and wearing a mask. As much as people are reveling in the morbid schadenfreude of other people's deaths, though, there's also an aspect of real grief to the subreddit. For some posters, the deceased are from their own Facebook feeds, and they know acutely how the loss will affect that family. 

Stories like PaulEqualsFriendship's have become a common occurrence in the subreddit, and are a welcome respite from the wall-to-wall horror of all the people still dying from COVID-19 because they won't get vaccinated. Posters sometimes call it "declining the award," as they take themselves out of the running by being inoculated. The forum has started using the shorthand "IPA" to refer to these kinds of posts, which stands for "immunized to prevent award." Sometimes people post on behalf of parents or spouses who have finally changed their minds.

"I caught COVID-19 back last year. When Delta came about, I did not think that I should get the vaccine, seeing that I was anti-vax," one such poster, Toothhurtee, wrote. "I’ve been lurking around a lot and I don’t want to get an award, so I’m going tomorrow for my first shot."

Although the Herman Cain Awards wasn't originally created to encourage people to get vaccinated, at this point the moderators of the subreddit consider it one of the sub's core tenets.

"This subreddit exists to make an attempt to get people to see the error of their ways and get the jab," MightyCaseyStruckOut, a moderator of the subreddit, wrote in a comment earlier this week. "As the vaccine became more readily available and the subreddit became more popular, this has been a stated goal by the creator of the subreddit, and the entire moderation team is behind this goal, as we have stated on more than one occasion."

The good news is that it's pretty easy to make sure you won't win a Herman Cain Award. Get vaccinated and wear a mask in public spaces, unless you'd like to be presented with one of these upon your death.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

One thing I've noticed on the Herman Cain Award subreddit that I hadn't fully appreciated is the level of hatred/distrust of Fauci with these people. This poor guy is just an egghead bureaucrat who happened to be in charge when Covid struck. That these people assign him meglomaniacal and sociopathic motives while deifying Trump is just a case study in cognitive dissonance and projection. 

And thats because trump and the GOP/Fox vilified him for political purposes. He is forever tainted because Trump is a fucking moron and found himself at odds with Fauci. Once that happened, fauci is the idiot/evil......not the guy that suggested  perhaps we should investigate injectecting bleach into our bodies.   

I don’t think I’ll ever understand this level of rank hypocrisy and selfishness. What in the world would possess you to imperial the livelihoods of four young defenseless children by making them orphans? And of course, it’s up to others to pay for her burial

Californian Mom of four dies "unmasked, unmuzzled, and unvaccinated"

An anti-vaxxer Irish American mother (40) has "unexpectedly" passed away after battling Covid-19.

She was also photographed at a protest or anti-vaccine event holding a sign which read "Give voice to the vaccine injured."  She wore a t-shirt reading "Ex-vaxxer... I trusted them. Never again."

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/kristen-lowrey-californian-anti-vaccine-mom-four-dies

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

counterpoint: it gave us the "hail fauci" part of this video which is pretty sweet...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I don’t think I’ll ever understand this level of rank hypocrisy and selfishness. What in the world would possess you to imperial the livelihoods of four young defenseless children by making them orphans? And of course, it’s up to others to pay for her burial

Californian Mom of four dies "unmasked, unmuzzled, and unvaccinated"

An anti-vaxxer Irish American mother (40) has "unexpectedly" passed away after battling Covid-19.

She was also photographed at a protest or anti-vaccine event holding a sign which read "Give voice to the vaccine injured."  She wore a t-shirt reading "Ex-vaxxer... I trusted them. Never again."

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/kristen-lowrey-californian-anti-vaccine-mom-four-dies

A statement on the GoFundMe page read: "Kristen was a beautiful and amazing woman but more than that she was a phenomenal mother who always, ALWAYS put her children first,' she wrote.

I'm not sure I agree with you 100% on your police work, there, Lou.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seflishness.  Any parent fucking around with covid and risking the lives and futures of their children is a selfish asshole who should not be a parent.

The question of the covid vaccine when you are a parent with small kids should be "if I don't do this, do I risk bring financial and emotional hardship upon my children if I don't take it?"

COVID-19 doing what potato blight didn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Maaaan, fuck all these antivaxx assholes. They deserve to die. The faster they die, the faster we can get through this. They are sucking up beds, resources, and fucking up hospital staff real bad. Healthcare workers at all levels are quitting in numbers never before seen in this country. Like fucking ever.

They are pieces of shit. Selfish assholes who dong give a fuck about anyone but themselves. Not their friends, not their family, not a single fellow man. They are driving drunk every day and defending their choice under the guise of personal freedom. But really they are either incredibly dumb or super scared. Coddling their toddler brain and ego is fucking tiring and fruitless. The sooner these fucks die, the better off the world will be… literally…. Because, ya know…. They are literally spreading death. 

Ive had healthcare friends die from this (before the vax was available). Ive had many coworkers leave healthcare completely. There is no coming back from this pandemic for most of them. Im still fucking having to wear an N95 for 10-12 hrs a day, 5 days a week, for the past 18 months because of these chuckledicks. 

My kids (who are 5) barely remember what the world was like before this. My 4 month old will hopefully not have to wear a mask for 8 hrs a day everyday at daycare/school. The reason we KEEP.HAVING.TO.DO.THIS. is because 30% of our society is (insert insult). While it sad that they are dying, it is the only way we can actually get through this at this point.

The sooner they die, the sooner we can let people have elective procedures that may help improve their lives.

The sooner they die, the less we have to worry about walking virus sinks giving us covid.

The sooner they die, the sooner I may be able to actually attend a church service.

The sooner they die, the sooner I can scrap my N95, my shitty intubation protocols, and our surgery centers will calm the fuck down because cases can be done at hospitals again.

The sooner they die, the less I have to worry about catching the virus from some antivaxxer and giving it to my newborn or my parents (both are vaxxed).

The sooner they die, the less I have to hear bullshit misinformation from Fox or Q, or faceboo memes, or whatever.

We are all just tiptoeing around the fact that society as a whole will improve when these potatoes-masquerading-as-“people” choke on their own fire-branded spit as their lungs turn to steel, their kidneys shrivel up like raisins, their atherosclerotic heart clogs like a bad garbage disposal, they get a tube in their throat, urethra, anus (google flexiseal), neck, both arms, chest tubes, nose, their backside becomes covered in pressure ulcers from laying in bed so long, their fingertips and toes start to turn black and flake off from the “jet fuel drips (norepi and epi), their head becomes swollen from all the fluids and ECMO and they look like a frog, their chest becomes sore from all of the broken ribs from chest compressions, and no one is able to be with them as they lay in shit covered agony akin to Dantes 5th circle because they decided to not get a quick, free, easy solution that would have helped not only them, but the world.

Fuck these fucks.  

Animated GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Deej said:

One of the few anti-vaxxers in the office tested positive after coming into the office Monday with a fever. Glad I had that third shot two weeks ago. 

Rest in peace. 

What kind of fucking moron would go to work with a fever during a pandemic?

4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Fuck these fucks.  

atimetokill-samuelljackson.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

When you're reading through a series of HCA nominee posts and s/he gets intubated:

Breakfast At Tiffanys Timber GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

How bad of a sign is it? A nurse ex-gf of mine said that she and her coworkers would sometimes put an unzipped body bag under the sheets of a patient who was getting intubated. Made it easy to just pull the sides of the body bag around the deceased (sheets, pillows and all), zip 'em up, and move the body. Some of these Covidiots who get intubated and survive are so fucking lucky. 

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

I'd say those kids are better off.  At least they have a shot at not being raised to be idiots now.

I lost my father to cancer when I was eleven. A parent is often a bigger than life figure to a kid at that age. Losing him was devastating.

Losing their mom will be hard on these kids, even if she was selfish and crazy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

I lost my father to cancer when I was eleven. A parent is often a bigger than life figure to a kid at that age. Losing him was devastating.

Losing their mom will be hard on these kids, even if she was selfish and crazy. 

Yep, the kids will suffer.  The selfish bitch should've thought of that before being an ignorant bitch.  

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Same.  Numbers are too abstract.  We need images.  

actually, we need stories. but it doesn't matter as we have no way to share stories anyway

with no way to communicate the problems just get dumber. The inevitablility of it all just mindnumbing eh? you tend to see why history is what it is. you know there are people in all places, in all times, saying 'this fucking timeline' and pulling their hair out. dumb animals on a ride and when we get a shred of logic it will make you mad. 

I can't believe 38% of my coworkers aren't vaxxed? are you really shocked at that @Bama Chick? because if you are i gotta say we are living in different time lines. you could apply 38% to every goddamn thing around you be damn close. (thank you for everything you do and good luck staying sane)

@washparkhorn we had an earthquake in melbourne yesterday btw!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, staboner said:

actually, we need stories. but it doesn't matter as we have no way to share stories anyway

with no way to communicate the problems just get dumber. The inevitablility of it all just mindnumbing eh? you tend to see why history is what it is. you know there are people in all places, in all times, saying 'this fucking timeline' and pulling their hair out. dumb animals on a ride and when we get a shred of logic it will make you mad. 

I can't believe 38% of my coworkers aren't vaxxed? are you really shocked at that @Bama Chick? because if you are i gotta say we are living in different time lines. you could apply 38% to every goddamn thing around you be damn close. (thank you for everything you do and good luck staying sane)

@washparkhorn we had an earthquake in melbourne yesterday btw!

I’ll give you a story.  Had to have a plumber come out today.  He’s doing his thing and we had a little conversation.  Tells me this is his second day back at work as his boss made him stay home for 10 days after being hospitalized for a week with covid.  Guy he was sharing a room with was on a vent, but he never got that bad.  4 kids.  Vaccinated?  No.  Doesn’t want to get vaccinated, but probably will because he can’t afford to miss that much work again.  Small victories I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

The sheep/control metaphor is so backwards. The compliant "sheep" are surviving. The defiant ones are charging into the slaughter. If Covid and/or the vaccine were a conspiracy to eliminate [**so-called**] free thinkers and patriots, it could not be going more beautifully according to plan.  This is the intro to the article on "culling" from Wikipedia. 

In biology, culling is the process of segregating organisms from a group according to desired or undesired characteristics. In animal breeding, it is the process of removing or segregating animals from a breeding stock based on specific trait. This is done to exaggerate desirable characteristics, or to remove undesirable characteristics by altering the genetic diversity of the population. For livestock and wildlife, culling often refers to the act of killing removed animals based on their individual characteristics, such as their sex or species membership, or as a means of preventing infectious disease transmission.

This is the photo:

image.png.9dec2fef5064df0ea8ef2de0729af227.png

Edited by Grandioso