Post-Game : We Won. They Lost. ULL is Ass

Hiphopopotamos

8 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Okafor has no business being on the field. He is a total liability out there - either getting tossed aside or flagged for holding. And Christian Jones should move to Guard

I'm concerned with having lineman with friendly names like Christian.  Remember how well Huey, Snow & Flowers went?  Need more guys who have names that are essentially angry Cyrillic barking.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

And you know all the aggy fans will be crowing about the blowout and Jimbo's genius
There was a screenshot posted from texags praising how they overcame 5 turnovers (I guess they had a fumble somewhere, too) to win.

They said this like it was some amazing thing they'd accomplished, to turn the ball over 5 times and still win.

Someone should probably tell them that if you turn it over that much and still win by a large margin, it says a lot more about your opponent than it does about you, but fuck it, I want the rollercoaster to go as high as it can before the inevitable fall.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I don't get this take at all. This is very standard for teams to do with 3 minutes left. I would be pissed if it was us down by 20 and we shut it down with 3 minutes left. It is the first game of the season. Both teams have a lot to work on. It was good work for our defense. It was good work for their offense.
To keep playing and trying to score makes sense.

To use timeouts like that, at that point in a game that is clearly already decided and in that kind of heat is anything but standard, imo.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, po elvis said:

I don't get this take at all. This is very standard for teams to do with 3 minutes left. I would be pissed if it was us down by 20 and we shut it down with 3 minutes left. It is the first game of the season. Both teams have a lot to work on. It was good work for our defense. It was good work for their offense.

How about the timeout with 20 seconds left, to get one more snap off?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, po elvis said:

I respect anyone playing hard until it reads 0:00. I don’t respect stat-padding and using timeouts to prolong the inevitable outcome once the game is no longer in question. And I don’t really see how there’s an argument in favor of that. That QB goes down for the season on the last meaningless play, is Napier doing his job? If Overshown goes down on that same play, you’re telling me “that’s just good football”? It’s creating an artificial situation that serves no purpose but coaching effrontery later in the year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

We won the last SWC title, the first big 12 title and I’ll be damned if we don’t win the last one with us in the conference.  We’re going to fuck OU up unless they can get a new defense over the next month!

fuck it. i'm in for this! 🤘

tenor (22).gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Per the TexasSports participation chart, Collins did not play. Anybody know why?

It’s not fully updated yet. I know it’s missing Hayden Conner on offense and someone said we played close to 30 on defense. But - yeah - Collins was definitely not a part of the rotation on the DL. 

14 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Per the TexasSports participation chart, Collins did not play. Anybody know why?

I could have sworn I saw a 95 in there a bit in the first half, maybe it was a different number. 

Very surprised Kitan Crawford didn’t play much outside of special teams, after all we heard all offseason about how he was pushing to start. 

Edited by Duane Moore

I have a name like that, and that's exactly what happened to me my entire life. Lol. People think they are clever, not knowing it's the 10,000th time you've heard it. Those same people happened to be the "he's so articulate" people as well. Not that it would be a surprise they were the same group.

Wait. You’re Asswipe Johnson?
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It’s not fully updated yet. I know it’s missing Hayden Conner on offense and someone said we played close to 30 on defense. But - yeah - Collins was definitely not a part of the rotation on the DL. 

How about Ben Davis, didn't notice him either? Did he play 

Really impressed with the transfers. Ogoufo, Thornton played great. Dunn came in and generated the only turnover of game. Kelian looked strong and elusive on O.

6 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I don’t really fault ULL for continuing to run their offense at the end of the game.  They need a two minute drill against live competition just like we do. 

We asked them to concede by putting in 3rd string players and running on every down. Should have shoved it up their ass for 7 more points.

1 minute ago, Strat said:

How about Ben Davis, didn't notice him either? Did he play 

Really impressed with the transfers. Ogoufo, Thornton played great. Dunn came in and generated the only turnover of game. Kelian looked strong and elusive on O.

I believe Davis is injured 

• Hook 'Em 1

I DVR’d the game and need to watch it tonight, because Card didn’t seem as good from the stands as his stat line showed. A few overthrows and he looked like he had happy feet in the pocket. But no turnovers, and overall he had a solid game for his first start as a redshirt freshman, and I don’t think he gave the coaches a reason to re-evaluate the starting QB.

And I’m out of playing shape after missing the 2020 season. I drank more beer yesterday than I have in a long time and am feeling pretty shitty this morning.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

One thing I loved about yesterday was that we made in game adjustments after each quarter. Herman and Strong went to the Scott Frost school of coaching. "They did something unexpected, wtf do we do?!" Under Mack, he would usually come out vanilla during the first half and rely on talent to keep us in it, and then adjust and score 28 in the third quarter. Good coaching takes a good roster and makes them great. I think this staff has the potential to do that as we go throughout the season.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

I'm concerned with having lineman with friendly names like Christian.  Remember how well Huey, Snow & Flowers went?  Need more guys who have names that are essentially angry Cyrillic barking.

We really need to close on MOFO Jones and Hulk Smasherton this cycle.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ousux said:

Oh, and also Bijan and Rojo on the field at the same time, and it wasnt just for one play.

Who knew that was allowed? Almost seems unfair to have Bijan, Rojo, Wittington, Worthy all out there on the SAME play. Revolutionary stuff for sure..it's almost like our coach wants the best players on the field together.

Was very gruntled to see us start the game with both of them on the field. Think the first play Rojo was set up in the slot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Rewatching the game now and we are lucky Bijan did not get flagged for motion on the first TD.  He was not set at the snap.

Great play call, though.

Thought the same thing watching in person, but didn't get a good look on stadium replay.

Game never really seemed in doubt after the 1st quarter.
Card looks cool, calm, confident and in control. It will get harder but he seems poised.
Bijon as expected, but he needs help.
O-Line has a lot of work to do, but did move the LOS a few times.
Whittington.....finally!
Worthy is gonna be a beast.
We have effective running backs blowing out our ass.
Team will lose to OU. Iowa St. is a toss up.
Re the last part, that's your take away from our first game with a new staff, scheme, and QB? In that first game, we beat a ranked team (albeit an overrated one) by 20 while OU beat Tulane by 5 and Iowa State beat UNI by 6. So yeah, I'm not ready to concede those games just yet

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, justinjc7 said:

Re the last part, that's your take away from our first game with a new staff, scheme, and QB? In that first game, we beat a ranked team (albeit an overrated one) by 20 while OU beat Tulane by 5 and Iowa State beat UNI by 6. So yeah, I'm not ready to concede those games just yet

Go easy. A lot of us suffer from Battered Horn Syndrome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

You want me to watch an hour and a half of stream of consciousness from a drunk guy? Still better than a post from 6th street i guess.

i was a bit hesitant at first because of the length of the video but turns out to be pretty decent.  probably helps that he played QB before so analysis/details seems pretty on point.