Post-Game : We Won. They Lost. ULL is Ass

Hiphopopotamos

12 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We have a long way to go before we can expect to do better than Tulane and Northern Iowa.

But seriously we have a lot of pretty salty teams...and Rice...between us and OU. I am not entering those games as wins just yet.

Disagree. I liked what I saw today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

The o-line is a problem - but we might actually have coaches who can teach and improve skills. 

Card can zip a damn football - he didn’t really have any bad throws and didn’t make any horribad decisions. Good start. Lots to build on, and Sark is a QB whisperer.

Bijan is god and a Heisman-worthy back. RoJo is my favorite player, just a rockstar who balls. 

Defense will be very good. 

Lafayette is a better team than pig. Shit, Cajun is a better team than at least 1/4 the Big 12. 

I loved the burst and elusiveness that K Robinson had. Definitely a guy we want to find ways to get some touches. 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I put this in another thread so not sorry if already posted:

Bijan Robinson 176 yards from scrimmage the most in a Texas opener since 2009. Hook'em. 

well done cole

of course are friends at the fucks network didn't bother to tell us that at any point in the 4th quarter

fuckers

• Hook 'Em 1

I like how many guys played today, but I'd rather than see Bijan after the game is decided. While the defense wasn't dominant, tt was sound. I don't remember a single wide open receiver down field. We gave up a lot of underneath stuff, but no total busts. Special teams also played well. No one was confused in any phase of the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

well done cole

of course are friends at the fucks network didn't bother to tell us that at any point in the 4th quarter

fuckers

LHN post - game presser. I shoulda got a screen shot. But that is damn cool. It feels good to have the season to look forward to. It won't be perfect but this is the first time in a long time I feel something close to hope. 

• Hook 'Em 1

-ULL is a good experienced team.  This was a good win.

-Our oline needs some work, but Flood will get them there.

-Bijan is awesome....could use some work on his pass blocking like everyone else...

-Very workman like win. We controlled the game. 

-Lots of backups worked in.

-Disciplined play. Yes we had penalties, but not the stupid self destruction thing we typically did recently.

-Great seeing offense able to overcome penalties and not be a definite punt.

-nice to see scheming and attacking what s other team does rather than saying we are going to the same predictable things over and over.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

-Bijan is awesome....could use some work on his pass blocking like everyone else...

-Disciplined play. Yes we had penalties, but not the stupid self destruction thing we typically did recently.

-nice to see scheming and attacking what s other team does rather than saying we are going to the same predictable things over and over.

Those holding calls on the o-line would have resulted in punts last year. It was nice to be able to pick up first downs ever after penalties.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

No shit. Some putos acting like we just played UTEP. That's a one loss ranked team from a year ago that returned everyone and has an experienced club with good coaching. Those teams routinely knock off or seriously challenge p5 teams in early season games. 

Fuck this we don't beat Oklahoma bull shit. Both Herman and Strong managed to out duel Reilly when he had number 1 pick NFL QBs. Their defense got all preseason hype and got boffed by Tulane. With this coaching and three more games to round into form we're fighting them to the end in a toss up game. 

Good shit. OU can definitely be had. I think I'm just having PTSD. 

23 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

Tom "attention to detail" Herman always seemed to forget about that small detail (i.e. 1/3 of the game of football) and I'm so happy that this staff hasn't.

the only gripe i had with coaching in the entire game was calling the timeout with 38 seconds in the 2nd thinking we could get another shot, then they get 3

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

No shit. Some putos acting like we just played UTEP. That's a one loss ranked team from a year ago that returned everyone and has an experienced club with good coaching. Those teams routinely knock off or seriously challenge p5 teams in early season games. 

Fuck this we don't beat Oklahoma bull shit. Both Herman and Strong managed to out duel Reilly when he had number 1 pick NFL QBs. Their defense got all preseason hype and got boffed by Tulane. With this coaching and three more games to round into form we're fighting them to the end in a toss up game. 

We done beating the Sooners sorry ass in big D and winning the big 12 on our way out just like we did to the SWC.

Fight me bitches!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

why no love for Overshown? I dont know how many tackles he made but it was a lot.....and speaking of tackles...we did that damned well today for the first time in a loooong while. Speaking again of tackles...our left one...the MAIN one supposedly , needs to pick up his step.

.....but the biggest question of all....did we sing the EOT or not?

• Hook 'Em 4

Strong opening against a really good team. ULALA experience was evident.
Our O line has lots to improve on. But coaching seems up to the task.
Defense is going to be really nasty shortly. Our big boys were eating up double teams early and all day. Not much flashy today, but their veteran offense looked chaotic all day.
I believe we’re about to fuck people up.

16 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

how many conversions from 2nd or 3rd and long did we make to overcome a hold?  at least 4 or 5?

the turtle would call a run to set up a punt every fucking time in that situation

• Like 1

Despite the struggles with the oline and some issues with penalties, we looked far more impressive than most top 25 teams this week. 

I'm just glad we're not UNC, A&M, OU, ISU, Wisconsin, Oregon, Miami right now. 

We looked competently coached and I was pleasantly surprised with Whittington. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Okafor wasn't the only one. Christian Jones doesn't look like a strength at left tackle, either, especially in pass blocking. To focus on the OL is being a little churlish. Watching Mack Brown's UNC team get absolutely destroyed on the line of scrimmage reminded me how many years (aka decades) we've had terrible offensive lines, with a few exceptions. So many positives outside of that.
Playcalling met expectations. Especially with no interior consistent running game available. That slow developing outside run to the right in the first half wasn't my favorite. 
You know, Jeff Banks gets his dick sucked so much, it's been tough to buy in. But the kickoff receiving team was mentally ready for the onsides. The first punt return was electric outside of the penalties. The second return where he put Worthy on the field alongside Jamison to defend better against the rugby punt which led to an 18 yard return - it's all a sign of really good preparation, leadership and tactical awareness. I don't know what to think about it. It's like we have signs of a great coaching staff.
I haven't seen a Texas defense be so consistent in stopping 3rd and short since...Muschamp? Louisiana was not a chump offense. It's only the first game, but really nice opener. 
Skill position players look like a strength for sure. Loved seeing Whittington show. He's so strong. I believe we've only scratched the surface of what he's capable of. 
Anyone heard anything about D'Shawn Jamison?
They don't look dominant, but that's okay. They looked really solid in all areas. Well prepared. Well coached, with room to improve. I'd say every area of the team at least met expectations, with the overall performance exceeding them considerably. This game showed a lot to build on. Bring on Arkansas. 

27e0330bacf7ec7bbf8f8b0e12c5c61e.gif
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Workmanlike win. No Tom Herman fucking around. We got plenty of work to do. The stadium is fucking awesome. As usual they need to work out presentation kinks. Oh and if anybody was looking for any post game Eyes controversy there was none to be found. 

I thoroughly enjoyed myself on the west side of DKR (you poor bastards on the east side may feel differently. That feeling is probably heat stroke)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

Okafor wasn't the only one. Christian Jones doesn't look like a strength at left tackle, either, especially in pass blocking. To focus on the OL is being a little churlish. Watching Mack Brown's UNC team get absolutely destroyed on the line of scrimmage reminded me how many years (aka decades) we've had terrible offensive lines, with a few exceptions. So many positives outside of that.

Playcalling met expectations. Especially with no interior consistent running game available. That slow developing outside run to the right in the first half wasn't my favorite. 

You know, Jeff Banks gets his dick sucked so much, it's been tough to buy in. But the kickoff receiving team was mentally ready for the onsides. The first punt return was electric outside of the penalties. The second return where he put Worthy on the field alongside Jamison to defend better against the rugby punt which led to an 18 yard return - it's all a sign of really good preparation, leadership and tactical awareness. I don't know what to think about it. It's like we have signs of a great coaching staff.

I haven't seen a Texas defense be so consistent in stopping 3rd and short since...Muschamp? Louisiana was not a chump offense. It's only the first game, but really nice opener. 

Skill position players look like a strength for sure. Loved seeing Whittington show. He's so strong. I believe we've only scratched the surface of what he's capable of. 

They don't look dominant, but that's okay. They looked really solid in all areas. Well prepared. Well coached, with room to improve. I'd say every area of the team at least met expectations, with the overall performance exceeding them considerably. This game showed a lot to build on. Bring on Arkansas. 

The only issue with Banks is the blocking by the TEs, especially Wiley. Wiley whiffed a lot

1 hour ago, horngrad03 said:

Game never really seemed in doubt after the 1st quarter.

Card looks cool, calm, confident and in control. It will get harder but he seems poised.

Bijon as expected, but he needs help.

O-Line has a lot of work to do, but did move the LOS a few times.

Whittington.....finally!

Worthy is gonna be a beast.

We have effective running backs blowing out our ass.

Team will lose to OU. Iowa St. is a toss up.

Negged for prediction against OU sucks. 

Edited by TexasEx

30 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Point 4 is why I believe in Sark... we are going to develop our players now!

23 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

why no love for Overshown? I dont know how many tackles he made but it was a lot.....and speaking of tackles...we did that damned well today for the first time in a loooong while. Speaking again of tackles...our left one...the MAIN one supposedly , needs to pick up his step.

.....but the biggest question of all....did we sing the EOT or not?

13 tackles .5 a sack. Kid is gonna have a monster year

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Herman's "force our will" bullshit was killing me there at the end.  Seemed like there were a lot of solid playcalls and playcalls that took into account what they were doing, and probably more importantly, what we weren't doing, at any given point in the game.

1 hour ago, GringoSalado said:

edit: My other impression I should note is that Louisiana looks like a well coached team who may well win the rest of their games.

This.  I think Louisiana is a good team; well coached.  We beat them.  They did not beat themselves.

I felt we were a well coached team today.  Can’t remember the last time I felt that way.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

churlish \CHUR-lish\ adjective. 1 : of, resembling, or characteristic of a churl : vulgar. 2 : marked by a lack of civility or graciousness : surly. 3 : difficult to work with or deal with : intractable.

You did it. You damn son of a bitch, you really did it!

• Haha 3