Post-Game : We Won. They Lost. ULL is Ass

Hiphopopotamos

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

We have a long way to go before we can expect to do better than Tulane and Northern Iowa.

But seriously we have a lot of pretty salty teams...and Rice...between us and OU. I am not entering those games as wins just yet.

my god can you possibly be more of a whiny pussy bitch

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Acropora said:

We likely won't win every game but honestly, I don't think a B12 championship is unlikely.  OU and ISU looked like warmed over shit. 

This is where I am. Gun to my head OU still takes the B12 but I'm at least thinking about it after today's games. ISU is a fraud. They had their best season basically ever last year - they won't repeat that. OU looks good for at least one conference loss based on their shittastic play against Tulane. Also the B12 seems pretty bad. Texas and KSU were the only teams that impressed in week 1. Conference is wide open as far as I'm concerned. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Texas and KSU were the only teams that impressed in week 1. Conference is wide open as far as I'm concerned. 

I'd add TCU but it was against Duquesne, so whatever.  Okie St only beat Missouri St by  a TD and Baylor only beat Texas St by 9.

27 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

If anyone wants to be able to watch on their phone from anywhere in the world there's a fast enough internet connection all you need is a reputable vpn and an IPTV sub. It's not difficult

We are 20 miles from the Colombian border. The Wifi is spotty. I don't know WTF an IPTV sub is. The best I could do is check the score every now and then. I spent most of the first half on a beach with nobody but my wife, her best friend and her BF's fiance. Sark's gonna be here a long time -- I'll catch up next week.

• Hook 'Em 5

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is where I am. Gun to my head OU still takes the B12 but I'm at least thinking about it after today's games. ISU is a fraud. They had their best season basically ever last year - they won't repeat that. OU looks good for at least one conference loss based on their shittastic play against Tulane. Also the B12 seems pretty bad. Texas and KSU were the only teams that impressed in week 1. Conference is wide open as far as I'm concerned. 

A dogshit OU always finds a way to put it together by seasons' end. They just do. Would love for Sark to fix that.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Can confirm section 19 was hot as fuck too. But I’m very disappointed in the olds on the west side. They showed up late, wasn’t full, while the east side seemed to be rockin

9B2948C0-B262-40B2-97FD-FF447E402D0E.jpeg

Yeah, we did our best and dealt with the heat. East Side Kings

I think we can be pretty good but week one tells us very little with regards to how we will match up against other conference opponents.  How many times have KSU, ISU or Okie Lite looked like dog shit first game and kicked our asses.  

I feel pretty good about this team. 

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

How refreshing to see a sincere, knowledgeable, and humble guy as our coach.

Yeah just before you posted this, my kid and I were talking about how Sark comes across as a hard worker who'd rather just go work than spend time talking about how much he works.

Refreshing, indeed.

• Hook 'Em 2

ULaLa was a good team. Napier seems to use a lot of the same concepts as Sark. Always have a deep route to draw coverage, then throw to the open receiver underneath putting DBs in conflict. Not sure we will see a better game plan all year. Our defense benefitted from playing against our offense.

CHIEF 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

ULaLa was a good team. Napier seems to use a lot of the same concepts as Sark. Always have a deep route to draw coverage, then throw to the open receiver underneath putting DBs in conflict. Not sure we will see a better game plan all year. Our defense benefitted from playing against our offense.

CHIEF 

Yes, very sound team for the most part. Reminded me a bit of a Snyder coached KState squad where you had to earn it. I can see them winning out.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I had some students behind me. One who legit said how Casey looked better than Hudson after Casey threw to Jordan, and Jordan made the play happen (TD). I just turned around and looked at him.  Did not beep him in the nose but considered it. 

Username does not check out.

Edited by TexLonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

I really liked what I saw today, for the most part.  After a decade of late-stage Mack, Strong, and Herman all underperforming, I will admit my expectations coming into this game were fairly low.  So I was very pleasantly surprised by a number of things I saw today.

It feels like there is a bit of a Saban-esque quality to this team, which is no surprise given that Sark tutored under Saban for a few seasons at Alabama.  It was quite refreshing to see a fairly disciplined and well-coached Texas team that, for once, mostly did not beat itself with stupid penalties, turnovers, and mental mistakes.  Card looked very poised and made some really nice accurate throws.  OL play needs some work, but I think it will be at least serviceable sooner rather than later.  I really like the ground-and-pound offense, where they kept pounding the ball and wore down Louisiana's defenders over time.  Being ready for the onside kicks that Louisiana kept trying on special teams was huge.  I liked the playcalling, in general.

If this team can build on what it accomplished today, I think it has as good of a chance as anyone of competing for the conference.  OU didn't impress me today, after giving up 35 points and nearly losing at home to Tulane.  Iowa State was underwhelming against Northern Iowa.  Kansas State was impressive against Stanford, though.  Texas Tech will be somewhat interesting with Shough, who transferred from Oregon, although I'm not sold on them yet.  They did rally late to beat UH in Houston.  It was nice to see Maryland embarrassing a different Big XII team besides Texas for once today.  Can't really tell a whole lot about the rest of the conference from today, as most of the rest of the teams played scrub OOC opponents.

That said, I wouldn't bet just yet on this team winning all the rest of its games this season, but I am very hopeful that Sark is already moving this program in the right direction.  Can't wait to see us go to Fayettenam and take it to Arky.

Edited by orangebird
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF 

Yeah Riley won’t ever be able to scheme better than that. Otherwise yeah, agreed. That was a good win against a well coached team and overall I was extremely happy with how it went. If we can clean up the OL issues we are in great shape.

So that first picture actually has a another row of seating behind it, and then the club is behind that. All said, it was a hit other than you are in the end zone. The third picture would be looking up from the seats towards the club. I’m sure I will be able to throw a coke on Sydney and ctj one of these days.

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Cars looks really promising. Made some nice throws. Looked good when he had to use his legs. JWhitt needs to get the ball.  Robinson (the other one) looks dangerous.  He’s gonna break backs when he comes in fresh after Bijan and Roshon have worn down the defense.  Bijan looks like Bijan. 

Love cars. Cars are the future. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

No shit. Some putos acting like we just played UTEP. That's a one loss ranked team from a year ago that returned everyone and has an experienced club with good coaching. Those teams routinely knock off or seriously challenge p5 teams in early season games. 

Fuck this we don't beat Oklahoma bull shit. Both Herman and Strong managed to out duel Reilly when he had number 1 pick NFL QBs. Their defense got all preseason hype and got boffed by Tulane. With this coaching and three more games to round into form we're fighting them to the end in a toss up game. 

Just to keep it straight, Strong was a slow-blinking mental dwarf who was a joke in role as HC at Texas. He never “out dueled” Riley as HC at OU. Riley took over for Stoops after Chuckles embarrassed the program one last time against Kansas (and TCU) and was shown the fucking door. The notion of Strong “out dueling” an offensive witch like Riley is a pathetic absurdity, sadly. 

• Hook 'Em 1