Post-Game : We Won. They Lost. ULL is Ass

Hiphopopotamos

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

We looked like a well coached team with a promising young QB.  No false starts.  No delay of games.  Defense was solid.  Special teams was a strength.  Gruntled.

Yes, agreed.  I also thought that … oh wait …. Shit, we just got another flag for holding by an offensive lineman.  

Kidding aside, agree on looking much better for the most part than the steaming pile that Herman and Strong trotted out over the last few years.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 89Horn said:

Yes, agreed.  I also thought that … oh wait …. Shit, we just got another flag for holding by an offensive lineman.  

Kidding aside, agree on looking much better for the most part than the steaming pile that Herman and Strong trotted out over the last few years.

The holding was a problem, but that’s not a stupidity penalty.  I like that we basically eliminated the dumb penalties. 

This is a good team.  Some talent deficiencies but well coached and good effort.

I expect the offensive line will do better with more time together.  I don't expect good but average play is within reach.  Rest of offense looks good to great.  Defense, other then pass rush, looks great already.  I think some of the intent on defense was to play vanilla and work on fundamentals.  

Special teams were good.

We likely won't win every game but honestly, I don't think a B12 championship is unlikely.  OU and ISU looked like warmed over shit. 

Really looking forward to the rest of the season. 

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

This.  I think Louisiana is a good team; well coached.  We beat them.  They did not beat themselves.

I felt we were a well coached team today.  Can’t remember the last time I felt that way.

Sugar Bowl against Georgia. That day Tom Herman was Lucy insisting I was going to get to kick the football this time. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Acropora said:

This is a good team.  Some talent deficiencies but well coached and good effort.

I expect the offensive line will do better with more time together.  I don't expect good but average play is within reach.  Rest of offense looks good to great.  Defense, other then pass rush, looks great already.  I think some of the intent on defense was to play vanilla and work on fundamentals.  

Special teams were good.

We likely won't win every game but honestly, I don't think a B12 championship is unlikely.  OU and ISU looked like warmed over shit. 

Really looking forward to the rest of the season. 

I think we were playing conservatively on defense because their QB was a big running threat.  I will admit that I am not an expert on ULaLa football, but Spencer Tillman was comparing their QB to Michael Vick before the game.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

-ULL is a good experienced team.  This was a good win.

-Our oline needs some work, but Flood will get them there.

-Bijan is awesome....could use some work on his pass blocking like everyone else...

-Very workman like win. We controlled the game. 

-Lots of backups worked in.

-Disciplined play. Yes we had penalties, but not the stupid self destruction thing we typically did recently.

-Great seeing offense able to overcome penalties and not be a definite punt.

-nice to see scheming and attacking what s other team does rather than saying we are going to the same predictable things over and over.

The TD Drive where we overcame 2 Holding calls(I think the only 2 of the day and both on us of course) was very nice

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

We looked like a well coached team with a promising young QB.  No false starts.  No delay of games.  Defense was solid.  Special teams was a strength.  Gruntled.

Pretty sure there was a false start called. Only recall that once on Angilau but Okafor also moved on the same play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I think we were playing conservatively on defense because their QB was a big running threat.  I will admit that I am not an expert on ULaLa football, but Spencer Tillman was comparing their QB to Michael Vick before the game.

Because he's a mobile black lefty? 

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

of course that idiot sooner did.  he's black, fast and left handed.  I will be glad to be rid of Fox, even though ESPN sucks their announcers are decent for the most part not morons.

Game never really seemed in doubt after the 1st quarter.
Card looks cool, calm, confident and in control. It will get harder but he seems poised.
Bijon as expected, but he needs help.
O-Line has a lot of work to do, but did move the LOS a few times.
Whittington.....finally!
Worthy is gonna be a beast.
We have effective running backs blowing out our ass.
Team will lose to OU. Iowa St. is a toss up.

I want you to smash your face off with a broken vodka bottle.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't get this. Texas had 4 sacks according to their site. I counted 6. I'm not sure of a snap where Texas rushed more than 4. The angles they were coming from was all over the place. They were running multiple line stunts, regularly backing off linemen into coverage in the flats, and overloading the center with linebackers and DBs. Until the 4th quarter when it was obvious the defense was playing ultra conservative I thought the pass rush was very effective while still allowing 7 defenders in the backfield. 

And Levi Lewis is NOT Michael Vick, but he's an effective college dual threat with a ton of experience. I don't think we have to go balls in on how dominating this defense is going to be, but it's difficult for me to understand how classifying the pass rush against an experienced offense and specifically an experienced OL and QB that gained 6 sacks while never rushing more than 4 was somehow one of the bigger disappointments of the game. 

I was making that post in the spirit of the best is yet to come.  Never rushing more than 4 is conservative in my view.  After watching the pre-game show I was expecting a mini-Vince Young to be torturing our defense.  It never happened.  That makes me happy because it appears to me that we have an elite DC who schemed away one of the things the opposing teams does best.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

13 tackles .5 a sack. Kid is gonna have a monster year

agreed....I havnt seen a LB that active since Derric Johnson.....Of course I am hoping he will channel his inner Tommy Nobis. That guy AVERAGED almost 20 tackles a game for his UT career...

West side was ballin in the shade for the whole game...all the olds around me were solidly loud but did leave quite early

The starting 3 WRs were solid, blocking, routes, and getting open. If Card had better pass blocking, he could have hit some deep plays. The boys were open all night.

20210904_151010.jpg

Edited by pacman

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the only gripe i had with coaching in the entire game was calling the timeout with 38 seconds in the 2nd thinking we could get another shot, then they get 3

I thought it was a good strategy. Aggressive. It was 4th down deep in their own territory. We should’ve stopped them on fourth down there and made them pay for that decision to go for it. 

Edited by jw4381
  • Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't get this. Texas had 4 sacks according to their site. I counted 6. I'm not sure of a snap where Texas rushed more than 4. The angles they were coming from was all over the place. They were running multiple line stunts, regularly backing off linemen into coverage in the flats, and overloading the center with linebackers and DBs. Until the 4th quarter when it was obvious the defense was playing ultra conservative I thought the pass rush was very effective while still allowing 7 defenders in the backfield. 

And Levi Lewis is NOT Michael Vick, but he's an effective college dual threat with a ton of experience. I don't think we have to go balls in on how dominating this defense is going to be, but it's difficult for me to understand how classifying the pass rush against an experienced offense and specifically an experienced OL and QB that gained 6 sacks while never rushing more than 4 was somehow one of the bigger disappointments of the game. 

Brockermeyer's sack was on a scissor stunt by both LBs. i know we sent a number of dog stunts throughout the game, but all in all it was pretty restrained. 

Edited by Vertigo

31 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Can confirm section 19 was hot as fuck too. But I’m very disappointed in the olds on the west side. They showed up late, wasn’t full, while the east side seemed to be rockin

9B2948C0-B262-40B2-97FD-FF447E402D0E.jpeg

Student section in the first half was solid.  Aside from that, east side was just as sporadic. 

Anyone have any ideas about how to get the stupid, whining, every-play-critic hag behind me to move to the SEZ, as far from me as possible? Every fucking play ... "Why are we running? Why are we passing? The playcalling is terrible! Card sucks! Put in Sam!" ... etc. And all of it was yelled loud af in the whiniest voice you can imagine for an 'adult'. She even bitched about us running the ball, up 20 late in the 4th. Un.fucking.real.

I think I must be cursed. Almost every game I've been to the last few years, I'm sitting within 5 feet of one of these loudmouth, know-nothing fucks, usually chicks.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, wood said:

Anyone have any ideas about how to get the stupid, whining, every-play-critic hag behind me to move to the SEZ, as far from me as possible? Every fucking play ... "Why are we running? Why are we passing? The playcalling is terrible! Card sucks! Put in Sam!" ... etc. And all of it was yelled loud af in the whiniest voice you can imagine for an 'adult'. She even bitched about us running the ball, up 20 late in the 4th. Un.fucking.real.

I think I must be cursed. Almost every game I've been to the last few years, I'm sitting within 5 feet of one of these loudmouth, know-nothing fucks, usually chicks.

Politely tell her to shut up whore. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, wood said:

Punch her in the balls

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is a big boy coaching staff.  Had the team ready for the surprise on-side.  Deferred correctly.  Defense never panicked.  Offense worked around OL issues.

That replay on the surprise onside emphasizes your point. BJ watched that ball straight off of his foot and caught it like he expected it to happen. Amazing coaching on that play for sure. You could tell it was well drilled. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

My two biggest takeaways: 1.) Holy shit it was refreshing to not have one single moment of mind numbing dumbfuckery that was so common during the Strong and Herman eras. 2.) Texas is not as good on the lines as we came to believe from off-season kool aid.

It was hot. Card was up and down but the sky’s the limit. Bijan is pretty good. Texas is going to lay waste to Arkansas.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Yep, today at the game we had a gain on first down for 6 yards up the middle and a woman nearby was bitching about why we keep running the ball up the middle.  Unreal.  

Exactly the same shit this chick and her husband btw were doing. We were ripping 'em with the runs, and they'd complain that we weren't throwing enough, even when we had over 200 yards passing in the middle of the 3rd.

On the way to the car I heard lots of bitching about all kinds of stupid shit. Personally, I was pretty happy with it, esp with a true freshman QB in his first start and a new coach in his first game here. One big refreshing thing for me compared to the last few openers was that I didn't see some glaring weakness or vulnerability caused by poor coaching or poor organization. Our guys generally looked well-prepared, disciplined, and well-coached, and took care of binness against a ranked opponent ... which was a nice change. But wtf do I know?

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Yep, today at the game we had a gain on first down for 6 yards up the middle and a woman nearby was bitching about why we keep running the ball up the middle.  Unreal.  

Yeah that's standard woman shit though.

I've been next to two grown men in DKE explaining football to a kid that had no idea what the fuck they were talking about. That olds section is lame sometimes.

4 minutes ago, jinx said:

That replay on the surprise onside emphasizes your point. BJ watched that ball straight off of his foot and caught it like he expected it to happen. Amazing coaching on that play for sure. You could tell it was well drilled. 

100% agree. I thought that play was a great indicator that these guys are really being coached.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I’m in Panama on a fishing trip. Couldn’t see the game. Followed on my phone as best as I could. We fish tomorrow. Love the Sark.

f4e1c3c9c6d7488380fecd4ce54e9faf.jpg

If anyone wants to be able to watch on their phone from anywhere in the world there's a fast enough internet connection all you need is a reputable vpn and an IPTV sub. It's not difficult

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1