Post-Game : We Won. They Lost. ULL is Ass

Hiphopopotamos

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - this comment was at the end of a couple of paragraphs Gerry wrote as a response in a user-generated thread.  Seemed like a one-off comment Gerry threw in when talking about how the DL might play the rest of the year.  Doesn't have any context around it and Gerry didn't explain if it was a gut-feeling or sourced material.

I see Alfred Collins singing Texas fight enthusiastically in this video (behind Coburn): 

• Hook 'Em 6

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

Texas A&M is the best team ever. Don't argue with it. They have 11 Heisman candidates on offense and their o line is going to win the first Heisman for an offensive lineman 

wasn’t orlando pace in the top 3 of heisman voting? or was it someone else? or am I making that up?

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Lol someone needs to remind this moron that they rushed against the 123rd of 127 rushing defenses from last year that also lost starters and could very well be the worst rushing defense in CFB.

No one with a brain would take pride in beating up on a cream puff but it’s aggy so what can you do.

Edited by Octavian
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’ve seen that press conference posted several times now. I’m not watching 20 minutes of shit. Is there anything noteworthy Napier says, or does he start to cry or something?

Sorry, I hadn't seen it. He talks about Sark, Card, our skill players making plays, his thinking on the first onsides kick, the venue/atmosphere, and other stuff. Basically what you would expect him to cover.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Liucci is such a dumbass. Achane had 0 receptions and Spiller had 24 receiving yards. Spiller also didn't have a touchdown. 

So yeah, if you ignore Bijan's 70+ receiving yards I guess they both stack up. 

also didn’t they play the little sisters of the poor and not a ranked team?

23 hours ago, horngrad03 said:

Game never really seemed in doubt after the 1st quarter.

Card looks cool, calm, confident and in control. It will get harder but he seems poised.

Bijon as expected, but he needs help.

O-Line has a lot of work to do, but did move the LOS a few times.

Whittington.....finally!

Worthy is gonna be a beast.

We have effective running backs blowing out our ass.

Team will lose to OU. Iowa St. is a toss up.

We ain’t losing to Ou 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

And he’s a “Blake”….Obviously we need diametrically opposed first and last names.

I’ll start by asking whether Terry Steelhammer has any offspring or nephews?

I pine for the return of “Gene, Gene the Coke Machine” Chilton, Ken Hackemack, and Lee Brockman.

That’s actually bullshit. With the notable exception of Eric Metcalf and (to a lesser extent) Tony Jones, I pine for nothing at all related to mid/late 80s Longhorn football….

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

Thanks.  Already watched it.  I’ll just have to  wait for the full replay.  Interested to see how the defense looked.  I’ll take <20 pts every time.  

Take away 2-3 plays, and the D played excellent.  There was at least one coverage bust and one play with far too many missed tackles.  Overall, very sound.  Like many, I expected more disruption from the DL.  But, I think we have to temper our expectations with PK's scheme. Don't expect to see as much penetration in the backfield as last year - also expect to see less explosive plays from the other team's Offense.  Still looking for a legit pass rusher.

Edited by Hmmm

30 minutes ago, BurntOrange&amp;White said:

If you aren’t going to put in the work this staff won’t be in favor of you. They will put you in situations to gauge how you respond, unfortunately he’s not responding well. 

I'm assuming you mean Collins which is unfortunate to hear. Hopefully he gets the message. Also wonder if at some point the coaches play him even without a change just bc he helps the team.

The good news is that he still seems happy at UT judging by his twitter activity and his post-game enthusiasm in the locker room

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Look how ridiculously perfect the throw is on that Cade Brewer TD. Lightening fast release and a perfect ball. 

Card definitely has a ridiculously fast release.  It's like watching a baseball player.  This play is another example:

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Look how ridiculously perfect the throw is on that Cade Brewer TD. Lightening fast release and a perfect ball. 

What’s nice here is that he had choices.  He holds the ball a half a beat longer and one of the slot receivers was in the process of getting very lonely in the corner of the end zone.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&amp;White said:

If you aren’t going to put in the work this staff won’t be in favor of you. They will put you in situations to gauge how you respond, unfortunately he’s not responding well. 

Kids grow up. I know I had plenty to do at 18. This would be a good time to start for Collins, sky's the limit.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Octavian said:

Lol someone needs to remind this moron that they rushed against the 123rd of 127 rushing defenses from last year that also lost starters and could very well be the worst rushing defense in CFB.

No one with a brain would take pride in beating up on a cream puff but it’s aggy so what can you do.

Wait so they get to include all their rushing against only some of our rushing to show that Aggie running back(s) are as good only one of our Robinsons? And that’s not including receptions or Johnson.  Dumbasses.

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The best throw I saw was the 3rd down one where he hesitated twice then threw the crossing route to Whittington like 8" behind the shallow crossing players.

Cant wait for the full game to get uploaded because they also showed a view from behind it and man it was ultra close.

@ 2:40

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hmmm said:

Card definitely has a ridiculously fast release.  It's like watching a baseball player.  This play is another example:

Yup and reaction time when free rushers are coming though instantly he doesn't just use his legs he uses his brain and whips the ball to his relief valve.

• Hook 'Em 2