Game Week, Rice edition

Wulaw Horn

Well, Rice certainly played Arkansas tougher than we did, so...fuck- I can’t stop thinking about how bad we were last night.  This sucks. 
Things to watch for this week:

1) who is bought in and trying to get better- who isn’t. 
2) do we make a QB changed. Card wasn’t bad and it wasn’t his fault most of the first half- but he wasn’t the solution either. The second half he missed a bunch of deep stuff, some of which was open (none of which would have changed the outcome of this game)

3) does Sark go on a bender? 
4) are there any big time recruits going to commit to us?  Is the staff going to try to play games to change the narrative or does it just eat away at itself. 
5) does the fan base rally and show up and show out, or is it a morgue for the Rice game?  

If card runs out with the first team after Casey lead us to 2 td's then sark will be here maybe 3 years knowing we have a dumb motherfucker running this shit show.

Also, nothing wee do this week or even next week will give us any indication that this is fixed. Fuck even tcu looks like dog shit so we probably will think all is well after we win the next 3 games then get butt fucked by ou.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sorry.  He was.  You drank too many margaritas. 

Agreed. He missed throws and was indecisive with the ball all night. He looks like a kid that needs to sit for another two years to figure it out.

With that being said, the line is completely ass. I don’t give a fuck if Sark doesn’t want his QB running around. He better fucking figure it out quickly. The QB is going to have to run 8-10 times per game due to the shit that is trying to block in front of the QB spot.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I’ve wasted a fucking decade of time, money and hope on this sorry fucking program. Fuck this sorry ass athletic department that never has its shit together and is always two steps behind.

Fuck Charlie Strong, Tom Herman, Steve Sarkisian.

And fuck you Mack Brown for ruining what should have been a dynasty because you lost a game.

I’m not wasting any more of my life on this bullshit. Fuck it all.

wellbye.gif 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I think I'm done watching sports in general. My 30 year old ass would've kicked my ass for thinking that. Wrong side of 50 makes you realize you've got 30 years left. Four hour games that are mostly commercials just aren't fun and seem like a waste of time. Let me know when VY's kid is playing. Then, maybe.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

It's Rice. I bet Card will start. He'll do enough to win. Casey will come in and score TDs late. Some people will say it doesn't matter...

I suppose it doesn't.

Texas football no longer matters. Face it. We are Nebraska. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Sorry.  He was.  You drank too many margaritas. 

This.  He was absolutely abysmal

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

It's Rice. I bet Card will start. He'll do enough to win. Casey will come in and score TDs late. Some people will say it doesn't matter...

I suppose it doesn't.

If card walks out on the field I hope the fans just walk out the game (those that actually show up). 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

2) do we make a QB changed. Card wasn’t bad and it wasn’t his fault most of the first half- but he wasn’t the solution either. The second half he missed a bunch of deep stuff, some of which was open (none of which would have changed the outcome of this game)

We truly have some of the dumbest fucking fans in college football.  That was the worst qb display we have had in a game since Sam against ok state in 17 or possibly swoopes against Iowa state in 15.

”wasn’t bad?”

The first quarter horrifically missed touchdown pass to Whittington wide open in the endzone should have been the end of the experiment. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Card was bad.  People here trying to Jedi Mindtrick themselves into a different reality is beyond hilarious.

Yep.  I mean, sure, he didn't get much protection, and there were some drops, and we didn't really establish the run to set up play action.  But when he did get protection and we took some shots, guys got open and Card missed three deep balls, one for a touchdown.  He also looked indecisive for much of the first half.

My concern, and it's a big one, is that maybe the main reason Casey looked better was that he was facing a prevent defense.

Regardless, Casey should get the start.  We need a shake-up after a train wreck like that.

• Hook 'Em 2

As a fan it's ok to admit you made a mistake in being on the Card bandwagon. I hope the coaches learn from their mistake and give the more experienced guy with better live game experience a chance to win the games going forward. When I learned Sark was 0-19 as a head coach when trailing by 10+ points at the half, I had to wonder what kind of due diligence Hertzell and CDC did before going all in on Sark? Being a good co-ordinator under Saban shouldn't have been the only determining factor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I know you guys had a blast, pounding drinks all day, but the fact that you could come to the conclusion that "Card wasn't bad", I have to wonder about either your eyesight or your mental acuity.

While I agree, it wasn't all his fault...the OL was fucking terrible and he had a couple of drops from the WR.  He was bad.  Like Case bad.  Like Swoopes bad.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yep.  I mean, sure, he didn't get much protection, and there were some drops, and we didn't really establish the run to set up play action.  But when he did get protection and we took some shots, guys got open and Card missed three deep balls, one for a touchdown.  He also looked indecisive for much of the first half.

My concern, and it's a big one, is that maybe the main reason Casey looked better was that he was facing a prevent defense.

Regardless, Casey should get the start.  We need a shake-up after a train wreck like that.

The pass protection in the first 2 drives was not great. But after that, it honestly was pretty good. But we had a fish qb making his first start on the road who was scared utterly shitless to make a mistake and couldn’t pull the trigger. 

arky watched the same game I did last week and figured out that card doesn’t even look for anyone else besides 4 and they took him away. It utterly paralyzed card. When he did get open, card missed him bad three times(once for a momentum grabbing touchdown early) and 4 had a terrible drop on a nicely thrown flag route when he was open. 

Card has done nothing in games to deserve the nod over Casey. I recognize that isn’t the full work portfolio that sark is evaluating…but Casey has played well in games, flashed really well against Colorado, and has been patiently waiting for years behind the previous qb who couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn in terms of throwing accuracy without bailing on us to the transfer portal which makes him one in a thousand these days.

If sark doesn’t start him against rice, then fuck him. 

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 3

Hunting season starts for me next weekend.  Every weekend for 6 straight months.   I’ll tell myself that I’m re-re-re-redivorced from watching this debacle of a football team and threaten anyone with the temerity to turn on the TV when the Horns are on. 

But, like an abused spouse, I’ll let them back into my life like the sucker I am. 

I can’t quit you!  (no homo)

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

You mean Jerrod Heard against Iowa State in 15.

Heard was 6 of 9 and Swoopes was 6 of 13 in that game.  I will never forget that in the second half of that one, Daje Johnson was 25 yards downfield, literally - not figuratively - literally running by himself halfway between the numbers and the sideline and swoopes threw the ball five yards out of bounds. It was the worst deep ball throw I had ever seen in my life. 

card’s three deep balls yesterday are the closest I have seen to that since…and that is with sam “least accurate fullback playing qb” ehlinger for four years in between. 

Edited by sidis
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Card gave me flashbacks of Simms....same number....holding ball forever....overthrowing every long throw....shitting himself.

Sark should've made the change at half. Thompson should have the reigns moving forward.

I would fucking love for Hudson Card to be as good as Chris Simms.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, my worst fears for this team were realized last night - the OL reports were laughably incorrect and Hardson Card is a fucking JAG if there’s even been one. Just pure panic and weak tools when they’re needed. 

If Seven Win Steve loses to Rice while starting Card, just shut the program down. 

User name is accurate. 

26 minutes ago, sidis said:

Heard was 6 of 9 and Swoopes was 6 of 13 in that game.  I will never forget that in the second half of that one, Daje Johnson was 25 yards downfield, literally - not figuratively - literally running by himself halfway between the numbers and the sideline and swoopes threw the ball five yards out of bounds. It was the worst deep ball throw I had ever seen in my life. 

card’s three deep balls yesterday are the closest I have seen to that since…and that is with sam “least accurate fullback playing qb” ehlinger for four years in between. 

You need to re-watch that game. Swoopes was the only QB who actually put together sustained drives. Texas had just TWO drives the entire night that went 10 or more plays, and both were led by Swoopes. The first one Heard immediately ended with a pick, and the second one ended when Marcus Johnson dropped Swoopes' pass in the endzone on the final play.

- Drive #1: 3 plays, Heard. Ends in punt.

- Drive #2: 7 plays, Heard. Ends in punt.

- Drive #3: 3 plays, Heard. Ends in punt.

- Drive #4: 11 plays, Swoopes. Ends when Heard comes in and throws an INT on his 2nd snap of the drive.

- Drive #5: 3 plays, Heard. Ends in punt.

- Drive #6: 3 plays, Heard. Ends in punt.

- Drive #7: 4 plays, Heard. Ends in punt.

- Drive #8: 3 plays, Heard. Ends in punt.

- Drive #9: 3 plays, Swoopes. Ends in punt.

- Drive #10: 10 plays, Swoopes. Ends with Johnson's dropped pass in the endzone as time expires.

Heard led 7 drives and did bupkes, and he also ruined one of Swoopes'. Just watch the game.

• Like 1