That ain't Shelley, Urban...

SarkAfterDark

19 hours ago, Duval Street said:

image.jpeg.b69ff1b2bf7671302bb0d3dac6d90e27.jpeg

That fivehead tho.

Social media makes it a lot easier these days, but I always remember Dave Chappelle's joke about Monica Lewisnky and how the President is so famous that if you blow him, then you become famous. The best pick up line ever: "Hey, suck my dick, there's a future in it!"

Edited by 'stache

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

USC fans could not be happier at this development.

However, I wonder if Urban's growing baggage is going to be too much for the current USC administration.  Maybe he takes another year or two off from coaching before waiting for another college opening.

I read where they just got done settling on sexual assault cases, so I am not sure the admin would be behind the hire. Cost them around $1B.

I will try and find where I read that.

Edited by TexasFan21
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Half or more of NFL players in relationships are fucking around constantly. Again, this is an excuse to beat up on him because he's not winning, and his players obviously had some animosity towards him before if this is true. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Half or more of NFL players in relationships are fucking around constantly. Again, this is an excuse to beat up on him because he's not winning, and his players obviously had some animosity towards him before if this is true. 

Yeah this has nothing to do with him getting some strange but how he's handled the situation (and how he got into it in the first place by being so careless).

This is just another knock on him after the poor staff hires, the Tebow shit, starting 0-4, etc.

This is an astoundingly quick implosion. 

And this:

15 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

I read where they just got done settling on sexual assault cases, so I am not sure the admin would be behind the hire. Cost them around $1B.

I will try and find where I read that.

Is why the fear of him going to USC is overblown. Not saying it couldn't happen but that'a a LOT of money to pay out and a big black eye.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Of course they did - he's a college coach with no NFL experience who has already had several professional fuck ups since taking the job and then goes out and makes a fool of himself publicly and doesn't have the guts to address the team as a whole.

Why would they respect him?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Great read but a little unfair shot at Pete Carroll at the end- winning a super bowl should be a little better than comparison to Chip Kelly’s pro career or dismissed as “mixed results”

I don’t see a shot at Carroll, he was successful while Kelly wasn’t.

13 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Honestly, how hard is this: “I regret not traveling with the team and working harder to help us win. I apologize for becoming a distraction. Let’s get back to work.”  Then throw in a joke about not letting any of their blond girlfriends dance near him. 

Don’t make excuses. It’s weak. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I don't think it's the fucking around that has players upset.  I think they're pissed that their winless head coach declines to leave Cincinnati with his team and stay back to party, instead of going straight to Jacksonville and getting back to work with his coaching staff on how to improve his team.  And the fact that all this is aired out in the public is just another distraction from the job at hand.

Add that on top of the Tebow stunt and his comment about considering vax status in making cuts, and I can see why he's losing the locker room four games into the season.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t think the bar shit should have much bearing on whether Urban stays at J-ville or not. Just more evidence that he possesses no moral and is a turd of a human. I’m much more interested in the part of The Athletic article about him knocking off a couple days of work after their Thursday game to “see the grandkids.” Sorry, that shit doesn’t cut it when you’re winless to start the season. You get your ass back with the team and go to work fixing it.

There’s a reason Jimmy Johnson told his kids Christmas was cancelled while he was an NFL coach. You better be working 20 hour days, 7 days a week if you want to succeed in the pros. College coaches have a better schedule because they are limited in practice time by the NCAA. NFL owners don’t believe in time off.

11 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

There’s a reason Jimmy Johnson told his kids Christmas was cancelled while he was an NFL coach. You better be working 20 hour days, 7 days a week if you want to succeed in the pros. College coaches have a better schedule because they are limited in practice time by the NCAA. NFL owners don’t believe in time off.

If he was really scared of the transfer portal, the NFL was guaranteed to devour him.

5 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Yes and no. The difference is that there is a real off season in the NFL. There isn't one in college. Recruiting is 247/365 now. When they went to having official visits in the summer, it really took away any free time. There is no offseason.

That's the reason Urban isn't coaching here. He talked about player empowerment and NIL changing the landscape, but that's bullshit.  He didn't want the year round grind and thought the NFL would be easier. He was dead fucking wrong, of course, and then very quickly realized that every team had just as much or more talent than him, and that he wasn't smarter than every other NFL coach out there. Of course, he has fucked up something at just about every turn, but he's such an egomaniac and has never lost before, so he probably thought that it would get better once they started winning. Welp, 0-4 and his ego just got checked into the boards. And now he's taking time off during the season to go have some strange grind on him in some shitty bar in fucking Ohio? L-O-motherfucking-L. This couldn't be going any more swimmingly.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Yes and no. The difference is that there is a real off season in the NFL. There isn't one in college. Recruiting is 247/365 now. When they went to having official visits in the summer, it really took away any free time. There is no offseason.

That's the reason Urban isn't coaching here. He talked about player empowerment and NIL changing the landscape, but that's bullshit.  He didn't want the year round grind and thought the NFL would be easier. He was dead fucking wrong, of course, and then very quickly realized that every team had just as much or more talent than him, and that he wasn't smarter than every other NFL coach out there. Of course, he has fucked up something at just about every turn, but he's such an egomaniac and has never lost before, so he probably thought that it would get better once they started winning. Welp, 0-4 and his ego just got checked into the boards. And now he's taking time off during the season to go have some strange grind on him in some shitty bar in fucking Ohio? L-O-motherfucking-L. This couldn't be going any more swimmingly.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952b4efb522e5db049924

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Did he fuck her? Did he even kiss her? No? This will pass in short order. Like any of his players will care.

I have a couple of friends who used to tend bar at a strip club. Her older sister and brother-in-law would visit. He’d buy her sister a lap dance and vice versa. (It’s a lot hotter when a stripper gives a lap dance to another woman.)

This was a restaurant. Har har har, we can all have a good laugh about it. But no one really cares. 

Yep, nobody cares. Except, for well, maybe his employer and his players and all the fans and media.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/urban-meyer-scandal-reportedly-reaches-crisis-point-jaguars-owner-issues-statement-on-inexcusable-conduct/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

Spoiler

Urban Meyer scandal reportedly reaches 'crisis point,'
Jaguars owner issues statement on 'inexcusable' conduct
One Jags player reportedly said he doesn't know how Meyer is going to function moving forward

The Jacksonville Jaguars have a serious problem on their hands, and it revolves around their first-year head coach, Urban Meyer. He of course had an eventful weekend, as he was filmed getting a bit too friendly with a young woman at an Ohio restaurant. This has reportedly brought his lack of success on and off the field to a critical moment. 

On Tuesday, Sports Illustrated's Michael Silver reported that the Urban Meyer situation has reached a "crisis point." One player told Silver that Meyer has zero credibility, and had very little to begin with. According to Silver, players were put off by the fact that Meyer canceled Monday's team meeting as he continued to deal with the fallout from the weekend videos. One player reportedly saw Meyer as being "too scared." 

While Meyer said in a Monday press conference that he apologized to the team, Silver was told Meyer "only apologized to position groups individually," and portrayed the young woman in the videos as a random person who was at the restaurant dancing. 

"We looked at him like, WTF?" One player told Silver. "Right when he left everyone started dying laughing. And he knew it."

In speaking about the situation, one player said,"It's bad. I don't know how he's gonna function."

Michael Lombardi, a former NFL executive who's now a media analyst, reported on Tuesday that two Jacksonville sources told him there were many closed-door meetings happening in Jaguars football offices, and that none of them had to do with their upcoming opponent, the Tennessee Titans. 

Jaguars owner Shad Khan then released a statement concerning his head coach:

"I have addressed this matter with Urban. Specifics of our conversation will be held in confidence. What I will say is his conduct last weekend was inexcusable. I appreciate Urban's remorse, which I believe is sincere. Now, he must regain our trust and respect. That will require a personal commitment from Urban to everyone who support, represents or plays for our team. I am confident he will deliver."

Images and videos uploaded to social media showed a young woman dancing on/near the head coach at an Ohio restaurant. Another video appears to show Meyer touching the woman's backside. Meyer, who is married, said that he spoke to his family about the incident and that they were definitely "upset."

According to SportsLine oddsmakers, Meyer is now the betting favorite as the first NFL coach fired/to leave his job. This was hardly the first incident Meyer was involved in that has marred his short tenure as head coach. When putting his coaching staff together, he made a controversial hire in Chris Doyle . The former head strength and conditioning coach at Iowa was put on administrative leave following multiple Black players alleging he had treated them negatively and unfairly because of their race. Then, as Meyer's first free agency as an NFL head coach approached, he lamented the legal tampering period, calling it "awful." 

As the NFL regular season inched closer, CBS Sports senior NFL writer Pete Prisco reported that some of Meyer's players weren't thrilled with some of the college-like methods he brought to Jacksonville. 

"They haven't gotten off to a good start, that's obvious," Prisco said on The DA Show. "He clearly does not like losing, even if it's in the preseason. I heard he had a rough go of it last week just because he lost his first preseason game, and that's not an attitude that you need to have in the NFL. 

"He's got to change a few things. He brought a bunch of college-like things to the program which I don't necessarily agree with. I've heard some of the players aren't thrilled with them either."

Meyer then held a confusing quarterback battle with No. 1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence and Gardner Minshew before trading the latter away, and drew the ire of the NFLPA after he openly admitted he and his staff took vaccination status into account for players on cut day. The NFLPA launched an investigation into his comments.

Things didn't get better as the regular season started. When Clay Helton was fired by USC two games into the 2021 season, many eyes looked to Meyer as a candidate to join the Trojans. He tried his best to put the rumors to bed, saying he was committed to the Jaguars, but that didn't do much to quiet the noise.

Meyer's most recent game ended in dramatic fashion. The Jags blew a 14-0 lead to the Cincinnati Bengals in the second half, which dropped Meyer to 0-4 on the year. He was very emotional in his postgame press conference. 

"It's devastating -- heartbreaking," said Meyer. "Usually I'm not wrong about stuff like that, that I just see a good team in there. I see good guys, I see good hearts, I see guys that work. And I told them I'm not wrong. I'm not wrong about that stuff. This team is going to win some games." 

Meyer's body language and words last Thursday night showed he was devastated by the loss. He even blanked on a reporter's question and apologized because he said his head was "spinning." It sounds like he's not the only member of the Jaguars organization whose head is spinning right about now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

It's really Shelley's fault. Remember he had to talk to her and the family to make this decision. She needs to take ownership! BTW it's super funny her last tweet from a super active twitter account is Oct 2 of a half eaten corncob pic. Probably at the exact moment the cornholing was occurring.

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

Yep, nobody cares. Except, for well, maybe his employer and his players and all the fans and media.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/urban-meyer-scandal-reportedly-reaches-crisis-point-jaguars-owner-issues-statement-on-inexcusable-conduct/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

Spoiler

Urban Meyer scandal reportedly reaches 'crisis point,'
Jaguars owner issues statement on 'inexcusable' conduct
One Jags player reportedly said he doesn't know how Meyer is going to function moving forward

The Jacksonville Jaguars have a serious problem on their hands, and it revolves around their first-year head coach, Urban Meyer. He of course had an eventful weekend, as he was filmed getting a bit too friendly with a young woman at an Ohio restaurant. This has reportedly brought his lack of success on and off the field to a critical moment. 
On Tuesday, Sports Illustrated's Michael Silver reported that the Urban Meyer situation has reached a "crisis point." One player told Silver that Meyer has zero credibility, and had very little to begin with. According to Silver, players were put off by the fact that Meyer canceled Monday's team meeting as he continued to deal with the fallout from the weekend videos. One player reportedly saw Meyer as being "too scared." 
While Meyer said in a Monday press conference that he apologized to the team, Silver was told Meyer "only apologized to position groups individually," and portrayed the young woman in the videos as a random person who was at the restaurant dancing. 
"We looked at him like, WTF?" One player told Silver. "Right when he left everyone started dying laughing. And he knew it."
In speaking about the situation, one player said,"It's bad. I don't know how he's gonna function."
Michael Lombardi, a former NFL executive who's now a media analyst, reported on Tuesday that two Jacksonville sources told him there were many closed-door meetings happening in Jaguars football offices, and that none of them had to do with their upcoming opponent, the Tennessee Titans. 
Jaguars owner Shad Khan then released a statement concerning his head coach:
"I have addressed this matter with Urban. Specifics of our conversation will be held in confidence. What I will say is his conduct last weekend was inexcusable. I appreciate Urban's remorse, which I believe is sincere. Now, he must regain our trust and respect. That will require a personal commitment from Urban to everyone who support, represents or plays for our team. I am confident he will deliver."
Images and videos uploaded to social media showed a young woman dancing on/near the head coach at an Ohio restaurant. Another video appears to show Meyer touching the woman's backside. Meyer, who is married, said that he spoke to his family about the incident and that they were definitely "upset."
According to SportsLine oddsmakers, Meyer is now the betting favorite as the first NFL coach fired/to leave his job. This was hardly the first incident Meyer was involved in that has marred his short tenure as head coach. When putting his coaching staff together, he made a controversial hire in Chris Doyle . The former head strength and conditioning coach at Iowa was put on administrative leave following multiple Black players alleging he had treated them negatively and unfairly because of their race. Then, as Meyer's first free agency as an NFL head coach approached, he lamented the legal tampering period, calling it "awful." 
As the NFL regular season inched closer, CBS Sports senior NFL writer Pete Prisco reported that some of Meyer's players weren't thrilled with some of the college-like methods he brought to Jacksonville. 
"They haven't gotten off to a good start, that's obvious," Prisco said on The DA Show. "He clearly does not like losing, even if it's in the preseason. I heard he had a rough go of it last week just because he lost his first preseason game, and that's not an attitude that you need to have in the NFL. 
"He's got to change a few things. He brought a bunch of college-like things to the program which I don't necessarily agree with. I've heard some of the players aren't thrilled with them either."
Meyer then held a confusing quarterback battle with No. 1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence and Gardner Minshew before trading the latter away, and drew the ire of the NFLPA after he openly admitted he and his staff took vaccination status into account for players on cut day. The NFLPA launched an investigation into his comments.
Things didn't get better as the regular season started. When Clay Helton was fired by USC two games into the 2021 season, many eyes looked to Meyer as a candidate to join the Trojans. He tried his best to put the rumors to bed, saying he was committed to the Jaguars, but that didn't do much to quiet the noise.
Meyer's most recent game ended in dramatic fashion. The Jags blew a 14-0 lead to the Cincinnati Bengals in the second half, which dropped Meyer to 0-4 on the year. He was very emotional in his postgame press conference. 
"It's devastating -- heartbreaking," said Meyer. "Usually I'm not wrong about stuff like that, that I just see a good team in there. I see good guys, I see good hearts, I see guys that work. And I told them I'm not wrong. I'm not wrong about that stuff. This team is going to win some games." 
Meyer's body language and words last Thursday night showed he was devastated by the loss. He even blanked on a reporter's question and apologized because he said his head was "spinning." It sounds like he's not the only member of the Jaguars organization whose head is spinning right about now. 

He only owes his wife and kids an apology.

If the owner and any players are upset about this they are pussies and will always be losers.

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

He only owes his wife and kids an apology.

If the owner and any players are upset about this they are pussies and will always be losers.

I don’t think anyone in the Jags cares about the girl. It’s about skipping the ride on the team plane, getting caught partying instead of working, and not owning mistakes. It’s a lack of leadership and lack of professionalism. 

• Like 4