House of the Dragon

crash_davis

I’ve noticed some similarities between the new cast and GOT. 

For example, Daemon’s voice sounds like Ramsey Snow/Bolton/Warden of Dog Food dude.

King V on occasion from certain angles has a very Stannis look to him. 

Can’t remember his name, but the Chubby lord next to Daemon in a couple meetings looks a good bit like Samwell. 

Doesn’t mean shit, just fodder. 

I liked it a lot.  As much as I dreaded going back into the Westeros world.....it is nice to have a high caliber (so far) show back on.

I hope they introduce some bad ass characters....Daemon and his face annoy me.  Very Elfish...

Only thing that GoT will have is way more storylines with all the Houses the show covered.  Hope I don't get bored of a Targaryen civil war.  

Good recap with easter eggs and comparison of the landscape in HOTD vs GoT. 

20min mark they show the shot where king carries the dagger (cat's paw valeryian thing) that eventually makes it's way to Arya to well...you know.

Also it mentioned that there is a myth that the throne will cut whomever is not fit. 

Edited by utxmike05

Lots of good scene analysis that ties shit together and Easter eggs (along with some potential spoilers if you haven't already figured a couple of things out). Even though I was "book fag" for the first few seasons, I always appreciated the details these guys would cover on the GoT series. It's 24 minutes though, so a time commitment.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/22/2022 at 8:16 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Matt Smith portrayed Doctor Who for years. He's pretty famous in the UK and in sci fi community. 

He was also played Prince Philip on The Crown.

The Crown, that is where I recognized him from but couldn't place it. Good actor and good character.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/22/2022 at 4:21 PM, Bama Chick said:

Ummmmm ….. that wasn’t a fart noise.

That was his junk getting chopped off.

No it wasn't.  They hadn't starting chopping off junk when that noise happened.  I missed it the first time so I just watched it again.  That was an oddly placed fart.  

Just now, Go Pokes said:

No it wasn't.  They hadn't starting chopping off junk when that noise happened.  I missed it the first time so I just watched it again.  That was an oddly placed fart.  

The guy was terrified so they thought it'd be funny if he was losing control of his sphincter.

And given the number of times I've seen it mentioned on message boards and video reviews of the episode (which is just astounding to me) they clearly knew what they were doing.

That fart got more commentary than most of the plot points.

38 minutes ago, Augustus said:

The guy was terrified so they thought it'd be funny if he was losing control of his sphincter.

And given the number of times I've seen it mentioned on message boards and video reviews of the episode (which is just astounding to me) they clearly knew what they were doing.

That fart got more commentary than most of the plot points.

image.gif.ebd64608bda4570ded10e7402ab0b08d.gif

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

I've read a lot of comments from fans unhappy with him for one reason or another.

I thought he was great in the 1st episode.

I found his character to be the most interesting. To me he seemed sincere about his willingness to support his brother and the council certainly seemed to have their own agendas. The Hand did seem like a shady dude.

I'm so damn happy this initial episode was as good as it was.

Having GRRM so involved is crucial.

The only question is--as is the case in just about any prequel, in which ultimate outcomes are already known--can they keep the characters interesting enough to keep us engaged?  Damn fine job of it in ep 1.

36 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Seems like Rhaenyra wants to fuck Daemon, no?

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I got that vibe

i thought it was the other way around- i got the he wanted to smash her vibes...

that Valerian necklace exchange did he make her turn around .. or did she turn around on her own?

now i gotta rewatch, if yall saw something diff than i did.

Edited by kingkoopa6

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

i thought it was the other way around- i got the he wanted to smash her vibes...

that Valerian necklace exchange did he make her turn around .. or did she turn around on her own?

now i gotta rewatch, if yall saw something diff than i did.

I believe she turned on her own.  I noticed that as well for some odd reason.  

5 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

5 hours ago, Augustus said:

If somebody thinks/knows you’re going to cut off their dick, them pissing/shitting/whatever themselves is not uncommon.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Just so I don't piss anybody off... even though this is a prequel and the story is widely known, are we gonna treat this like the illiterati thread with no spoiler/bookfag talk?

I assume so but just wanted to clarify.

I assume so.

There is a bookfag thread here.

• blacklab changed the title to House of the Dragon