Texas BBQ

Washpark

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

Planning on picking up food to go for 10 people from L&L next Friday.  Arriving at 10:30 reasonably sufficient? Anyone else done a larger to-go from them?

You should be just fine at 10:30.  I was there on the last Friday in October and there wasn't a line at 10:45.  There were probably 15 people at 11:00.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got to Sunbirds right at 11 and there were 10 or so in line. 
Ordered half a pound of brisket (slightly fatty), turkey, pork taco, a poblano taco sausage link, and mac n cheese topped with chopped brisket and one plain. 
The brisket was really fucking good. I’m bad at the “best ever” game but it equaled or surpassed what he was doing at Bodacious. So yea, if you’re around Longview get your ass there  
The turkey was good, nothing exceptional. 
The pork taco was better than expected. I’d order a plate of these anytime, anywhere. 
The poblano taco sausage link was easily the best speciality link I’ve ever had. Holy fuck I want more of it. 
The mac n cheese was … different. It was good but had a sweetness that took say from the overall dish to me. YMMV here, everyone ha different mac n cheese tastes. Topped with brisket cut out the sweetness and was much better. 

169-EF5-FD-CCFA-4746-ABC1-76-FD601-D662-C.jpg

C072-AC7-A-F386-4-D14-ADB0-9176-EE981798.jpg

DC6032-D4-B34-A-405-B-B43-C-8439-B7-C44-C9-C.jpg

DCA22582-F86-A-4250-B275-BDEA002-F565-A.jpg

My wife and I were in line at 11 also. I thought I saw someone from the internet. How did you not get the smoked wings?? They were fantastic. I love sunbird, I’ve hit them up several times. I hope Bryan and crew have continued success.

Wife and I agree on the poblano taco sausage. It was excellent.

I love their tacos, both pork and brisket.
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, CBT said:

My wife and I were in line at 11 also. I thought I saw someone from the internet. How did you not get the smoked wings?? They were fantastic. I love sunbird, I’ve hit them up several times. I hope Bryan and crew have continued success.

Wife and I agree on the poblano taco sausage. It was excellent.

I love their tacos, both pork and brisket.

I’m not a huge wing guy for whatever reason. I bet they were great. I was with my wife - I had a white UT hat on. 

• Like 1

I wonder how that sausage from Sunbird measures up to the chile relleno sausage from Tejas and the pork/serrano/Oaxaca cheese from 2M. A sausage measuring contest, if you will.

The poblano taco sausage has Oaxaca cheese in it. The sausage is great to have in and around your mouth.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The poblano taco sausage has Oaxaca cheese in it. The sausage is great to have in and around your mouth.

That does sound quite titillating. This probably the best time to mention that every time I see your screen name I can’t help but think of cock and ball torture. I am not sure what that says about me.

While we all work through that, I think I am gonna go ahead and head to San Antonio tomorrow for some 2M. Pickled nopales here I come.

15 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

That does sound quite titillating. This probably the best time to mention that every time I see your screen name I can’t help but think of cock and ball torture. I am not sure what that says about me.

While we all work through that, I think I am gonna go ahead and head to San Antonio tomorrow for some 2M. Pickled nopales here I come.

Don’t forget my cheez-whiz, boy!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Dropped into 2M today.  I think my 5th time. Got some brisket, ribs, pork/serrano/Oaxaca cheese sausage, pickled nopales and my dad wanted to try the frijoles.  Brisket was great. I’m not really a rib guy, but I thought they were good.  The sausage was ok. The last time I had it I thought it was great. Not sure what happened this time around. The beans were good.  Delicious brisket and nopales tacos. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5b40098d61d1005c987e04e86d417284.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

Dropped into 2M today.  I think my 5th time. Got some brisket, ribs, pork/serrano/Oaxaca cheese sausage, pickled nopales and my dad wanted to try the frijoles.  Brisket was great. I’m not really a rib guy, but I thought they were good.  The sausage was ok. The last time I had it I thought it was great. Not sure what happened this time around. The beans were good.  Delicious brisket and nopales tacos. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5b40098d61d1005c987e04e86d417284.jpeg

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

What's the proper order at Truth?  Sides?  House sausage or Jalepeno Cheese?

Brisket and the Jap cheese.  If in mood, I get a rib hitter every once in a while.

But I do fuck with sides.  The tater casserole and corn pudding are both my go-to's.  Other sides are good but not as good.

Soda game strong.  Bread game weak.  And bring your own napkins. 

I was driving the Houston half marathon route with my wife yesterday and realized the route goes right past Truth. Didn’t realize where it was but am making a point to stop in there some point in the near future to give it a shot. I wasn’t impressed with Pinkerton’s and am hoping Truth is better.

It is, in my humble opinion.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, pearlandhorn said:

I was driving the Houston half marathon route with my wife yesterday and realized the route goes right past Truth. Didn’t realize where it was but am making a point to stop in there some point in the near future to give it a shot. I wasn’t impressed with Pinkerton’s and am hoping Truth is better.

you won’t be disappointed 

• Hook 'Em 1

Truth. Line had barely made the turn at 10:45 and was only to the end of the awning at 11:00. Still wasn't bad when we left at a bit before noon.

Brisket, ribs, pulled pork, house and boudin sausage. Tater tot casserole. Ribs were a little over but brisket and boudin were on point. 2a3087168d1818d2f82f37a26bba7c8e.jpg

4d930faec7c9da33532716ea646de03a.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

Went to Daddy Duncan's in Katy last Friday. Brisket was very solid. Not as good as Truth, but damn good. The beef cheek barbacoa was fine. Also tried the collard greens, which were very good. They have smoked oxtails and pork belly burnt ends on the menu. I'll give those a shot next time. Definitely worth a stop if you ever find yourself in Katy on a Friday or Saturday evening. 

Edited by Seasick Sailor

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Went to Daddy Duncan's in Katy last Friday. Brisket was very solid. Not as good as Truth, but damn good. The beef cheek barbacoa was fine. Also tried the collard greens, which were very good. They have smoked oxtails and pork belly burnt ends on the menu. I'll give those a shot next time. Definitely worth a stop if you ever find yourself in Katy on a Friday or Saturday evening. 

he's active in some of the BBQ groups i am in - seems like a good dude