[Game Thread] Texas at Baylor 11am on ABC

GreenspointTexas

6 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He can’t catch his own passes or block himself. He’s not great by any stretch and a mediocre P5 QB but this loss isn’t on him. 

The dude is incapable of seeing the field. He's a one read QB. This loss is on him. The primary reason WRs drop so many of his passes is they are shitty passes, that are underthrown leading the WRs to adjust and change direction. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not surprised at this one...just not good enough. Outplayed and outcoached in the 2nd half again. Aranda is legit, he is all-business though - I think his next step is in the NFL instead of a bigger college program. Seems like he just wants to coach instead of dealing with everything that comes with being the HC at a top program.

7 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He can’t catch his own passes or block himself. He’s not great by any stretch and a mediocre P5 QB but this loss isn’t on him. 

We need better receivers and much much better lineman. I don’t think Thompson is a bad QB and I know he’s not a great QB but you can’t even be a good QB when you constantly running for your life and throwing off balance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So receivers are going to catch for Card?  If we had some people like Collin Johnson and Devin Duv we would probably be talking about how good Thompson is….

With better ball placement absolutely. It's hilarious to say Casey takes no blame for the wounded ducks he throws.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

We can put Card in, that’s fine with me, but Card is not saving this team. Going to be lucky to be bowl eligible with either guy.

We're going to blow out KU and KSU.  Maybe WVU as well.  As long as the team doesn't quit, we are 7-5 or 8-4.  We will probably find a way to lose to a disciplined team like Iowa St.  We still are significantly more talented than 7 teams on this schedule.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

The season is over we aren’t bowling. Play card and play all the young kids. Fuck these soft ass shit upperclassman who wouldn’t be starting at Kansas junior college

Better take it easy bud, I said we were basically Kansas without Bijan, overshown and worthy one time in a rage and got shit on haha. 

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

Aranda is very close to Tom Herman. He knew what kind of dogshit players Tom recruits and knew exactly how to beat us. 

I mean, when you play is, you really only have to worry about defending two players, one in the run game and one in the pass game. Aranda took Bijan out of the game, Worthy made some plays, and said if you can beat me with the rest of those bums, then more power to you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

If you could make a deal with the devil where we win a National Championship, but then we suck for the following 20 years, would you take the deal?

Back in 2005 somebody made that deal.....There is no other explanation.

20 if we're lucky.

Edited by Briar36

3 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

We need better receivers and much much better lineman. I don’t think Thompson is a bad QB and I know he’s not a great QB but you can’t even be a good QB when you constantly running for your life and throwing off balance. 

This is such a fucking stupid take. Thompson is a bad QB, there is enough tape to see it. The amazing thing is that Sarkisian's offense is so good that it covers a lot of his very apparent deficiencies. 

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, bullet said:

We're going to blow out KU and KSU.  Maybe WVU as well.  As long as the team doesn't quit, we are 7-5 or 8-4.  We will probably find a way to lose to a disciplined team like Iowa St.  We still are significantly more talented than 7 teams on this schedule.

Bwhahahah.    I take it you’re drinking your namesake? 

1 minute ago, bullet said:

Dont think we are

8 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

And they will likely find replacements far better than ours. It’s no accident anymore. It’s our culture. It’s our decision making. This is now the third hire after Mack.  It’s us. 

We’re the Joneses...the Jerry Joneses of managing an organization. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The dude is incapable of seeing the field. He's a one read QB. This loss is on him. The primary reason WRs drop so many of his passes is they are shitty passes, that are underthrown leading the WRs to adjust and change direction. 

Shouldn’t matter if the pass is perfect or off, if the receiver gets both hands on the ball he should catch the fucker. Moore dropped one in the end zone at end of the half and Washington dropped a couple. Most of the drops are on the receivers.

Edited by Mitch Hedberg
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Passes that hit receivers right in their hands, including 50 yard bombs and 10 yard turnaround hitches are somehow shitty passes? Interesting theory.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

Can someone help figure out what is required now to get into the big 12 championship?  So if OK state loses out and baylor loses out and WV loses out and Kansas loses out, are we in?

Okie St. and Baylor and Iowa St. to Covid out.