Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

damn.. if he goes to Clemson.. does the staff keep trying with him, or do we circle back on Lemear?

It will be interesting to see what they do. There's still a chance that they think Jamier Johnson is a safety type, so they may just keep on Mukuba and the corners (Willliams/Johnson/Wright).

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

VY was it for the trackable modern era (ie. post-2000)

Kindle was 4 overall. Jeffcoat was 5. Gray and Wright were 6. BJ Johnson was 7.

Russell shepherd was #3 overall and #1 in Texas as a dual threat QB according to 247 in 2009. Mario Edwards was #2 in the composite and #1 in their own rankings in the nation in 2012. 247 also had Myles Garrett at #1 in the nation in 2014. They also ranked Walker Little as #1 in the nation in 2017. 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Vintage Wescott here

Haha haha you know Wescunt was living for this opportunity. Even satya can’t imagine being as much of a bitch as him. Wescunt’s still busy warning everyone that aggy runs this state. 

Also, what god awful wording in his tweet. “How bad was it for the horn to lose out...? Here’s just how bad it was....” 

• Like 1

Jeff Howe: Blake Brockermeyer on why his sons picked Alabama over Texas

Alabama head coach Nick Saban is assembling a 2021 offensive line class that could very well be the best he’s ever put together in his run with the Crimson Tide. Unfortunately, for Texas head coach Tom Herman, Saban is doing so at the expense of the Longhorns. When a recruit opts to play for Saban and be a part of the Alabama dynasty, it’s hard to argue with the decision a track record of greatness that started in earnest when the Crimson Tide beat Texas in the 2010 BCS title game.

That doesn’t make losing five-star offensive tackle Tommy Brockermeyer and four-star center James Brockermeyer any easier of a pill for Herman and offensive line coach Herb Hand to swallow given that the brothers are third-generation Longhorns whose father, Blake Brockermeyer, was an All-American in 1994 and a first-round pick in the 1995 NFL Draft and whose brother, Luke Brockermeyer, is currently a linebacker playing for Herman on the Forty Acres.

While breaking down the decisions his sons made with Hank South of BamaOnLine.com (the 247Sports Alabama property), Blake Brockermeyer said the decision had less to do with anything Texas did and more about the total package presented by Alabama.

“I think everyone thought (Texas) was going to be the pick,” said the former NFL lineman who coaches his sons at All Saints Episcopal in Fort Worth. “But we have nothing but respect for Coach Herman and Coach Hand and the University of Texas. My wife and I and Luke bleed burnt orange. We love everything about it. But it’s not our decision to make. It’s always been about them and their decision. My role as a father is to provide them with knowledge and education on how to make that decision, the best decision that they can make.

Whereas the Crimson Tide recorded a 124-15 record in the 2010s with Saban leading them five SEC championships and four national titles on their ledger, the Longhorns ended the recently-completed decade on their third head coach and failed to win a conference title over the course of a decade for the first time since the 1900s (the program’s first conference championship came in 1913). A .555 winning percentage (71-57) made for the worst decade on the field for the program since the 1930s (47-44-6) and with Connor Williams (second-round pick by the Dallas Cowboys in 2018) marking the lone offensive line draft pick Texas has produced since Tony Hills went in the fourth round of the 2008 draft, as Blake Brockermeyer put it, “it’s really hard to argue with Alabama.”

“You’ve got the greatest coach in the history of college football and the biggest stage that there is,” he said. “Just with the development of their offensive line and their consistent dominance of college football. It’s not hard to argue with that. Texas has had kind of a rough stretch the last 10 years or so.”

At the end of the day, Blake Brockermeyer said the decision was up to his sons to make. While the family’s bond to Texas remains strong, the chance to help extend Saban’s dynasty was an opportunity too good to turn down. “I think it’s a tough decision for them because there will be a lot of people that hate me and hate them and think there’s some ill-will we’re trying to do,” Blake Brockermeyer said. “But it’s their decision to make and that’s it.”

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Classic damage control - this is literally the first interview he's given where he didn't say "we". Too little too late as far as I'm concerned. I don't wish anybody ill will for the most part...but I sure as shit don't have to wish them good will either. This is going to end badly for them. Mercenaries get treated like mercenaries. Good luck with that Bama education if football doesn't work out for you.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Classic damage control - this is literally the first interview he's given where he didn't say "we". Too little too late as far as I'm concerned. I don't wish anybody I'll will for the most part...but I sure as shit don't have to wish them good will either. This is going to end badly for them. Mercenaries get treated like mercenaries. Good luck with that Bama education if football doesn't work out for you.

all he did was provide them with education.. but he told the bama site, he was the one enjoying the process more.. Fuck him.  Texas will turn it around despite the can't miss son of a legacy

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Classic damage control - this is literally the first interview he's given where he didn't say "we". Too little too late as far as I'm concerned. I don't wish anybody I'll will for the most part...but I sure as shit don't have to wish them good will either. This is going to end badly for them. Mercenaries get treated like mercenaries. Good luck with that Bama education if football doesn't work out for you.

Forrest Gump: Forrest Gump graduates

Greenbow Braves | Forrest Gump High School Shirt – Bananaklip

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

all he did was provide them with education.. but he told the bama site, he was the one enjoying the process more.. Fuck him.  Texas will turn it around despite the can't miss son of a legacy

This is so close to the line of parody I honestly can't tell

1 minute ago, cochamps said:

Wescunt mentions that second rounder Connor Williams was thought to be a first round pick out of HS.  His UT bio had him rated no higher than #53 in the STATE in three separate ratings.

First round my ass, Wescunt!

Yea that's utter bullshit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Wescunt mentions that second rounder Connor Williams was thought to be a first round pick out of HS.  His UT bio had him rated no higher than #53 in the STATE in three separate ratings.

First round my ass, Wescunt!

He said when he was thought to be a first round pick when Herman arrived. At which point perception of CW was quite a bit different than it was out of HS. 

Fuck Wescott. But let's at least represent his shittiness with some accuracy.

So the last 10 years made your kids, who evidently grew up bleeding burnt orange, choose Alabama over Texas?  So recruits that were here under the last 4 years of Mack and the sh!t show that was Charlie were the deciding factor?  Forget that the first 2 lineman that Herman signed in Austin will be high draft picks...So they had zero interest in changing the narrative?  Instead they are taking the easy route and just being sheep who follow and not someone who leads?  Hell of a job you did there, Blake. You raised 2 boys who don’t have the balls or heart to make a difference. I give Luke high marks for putting in the hours to help his team and a big middle finger to the “twins” who decided to follow the path of lesser resistance. 

Edited by Harvdog
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

He said when he was thought to be a first round pick when Herman arrived. At which point perception of CW was quite a bit different than it was out of HS. 

As Emily Litella would say, “never mind”. 😁😁

5 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

To be fair though, Connor was injured after the first round projection.  That certainly had a negative impact.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

So the last 10 years made your kids, who evidently grew up bleeding burnt orange, choose Alabama over Texas?  So recruits that were here under the last 4 years of Mack and the sh!t show that was Charlie were the deciding factor?  Forget that the first 2 lineman that Herman signed in Austin will be high draft picks...So they had zero interest in changing the narrative?  Instead they are taking the easy route and just being sheep who follow and not someone who leads?  Hell of a job you did there, Blake. You raised 2 boys who don’t have the balls or heart to make a difference. I give Luke high marks for putting in the hours to help his team and a big middle finger to the “twins” who decided to follow the path of lesser resistance. 

Yeah, Luke played his part in them choosing Bama as well.  He has every right to do so.  With that said, he shouldn’t get another practice rep and shouldn’t have his scholarship renewed.   Actual real scholarship players have been kicked off the team for telling recruits to not come here in the past.  Luke can go walk on to Bama if he thinks it’s so bad at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Lol he dropped because he got a knee injury, fuck that shit.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Blake is saying all the right things here, but it doesn't feel genuine. To say he didn't influence his sons' decision is like saying: "It was my wife's decision to move to Birmingham, and she picked the house. I'm just along for the ride". 

Here's what rubs me. Father asshat knows that Texas is way more than a football team. Texas is a revered educational institution. What starts here does change the fucking world. For the most part, we do not partake the blatant cheating that institutions of lower learning (most of the entire fucking $EC) do namely because they do not have any sort of academic reputation to protect. He knows that in today's world with the NCAA turning a blind eye to the blatant cheating, Texas is at a disadvantage competing with glorified community colleges like bama.
Texas is his and his father's alma mater. So instead of trying to continue the legacy of helping Texas hold to that high standard, he wants to ship his kids off to help a glorified community college continue to ruin the integrity of college football. 
Yea FUCK that entire family.
I don't understand why he sent them to a private high school to go to Alabama.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
1 hour ago, crash_davis said:
Here's what rubs me. Father asshat knows that Texas is way more than a football team. Texas is a revered educational institution. What starts here does change the fucking world. For the most part, we do not partake the blatant cheating that institutions of lower learning (most of the entire fucking $EC) do namely because they do not have any sort of academic reputation to protect. He knows that in today's world with the NCAA turning a blind eye to the blatant cheating, Texas is at a disadvantage competing with glorified community colleges like bama.
Texas is his and his father's alma mater. So instead of trying to continue the legacy of helping Texas hold to that high standard, he wants to ship his kids off to help a glorified community college continue to ruin the integrity of college football. 
Yea FUCK that entire family.

Read more  

I don't understand why he sent them to a private high school to go to Alabama.

Taking the easy path again via TAPPS competition?