Texas opens as a 30 point favorite v Kansas

TexasMan

I'll be keeping an eye on that Kansas ML. Not really..........well, maybe. KU on a 4 game ATS  win streak. I forgot we didnt even play last year.

10/19/19 Texas Home 50-48 Kansas +21.0 Over 63.0
11/23/18 Texas Away 24-17 Kansas +15.5 Under 50.0
11/11/17 Texas Home 42-27 Kansas +32.0 Over 52.5
11/19/16 Kansas Home 24-21 Kansas +23.5 Under 62.0
11/07/15 Texas Home 59-20 Texas -29.0 Over 52.0
09/27/14 Texas Away 23-0 Texas -10.0 Under 42.0
11/02/13 Texas Home 35-13 Kansas +27.0 Under 52.0
10/27/12 Texas Away 21-17 Kansas +18.5 Under 60.0
10/29/11 Texas Home 43-0 Texas -28.0 Under 64.5
Edited by Blotto

This line smells fishy as shit.  It should be pounded harder than South Austin's mom on the Kansas side and books are not in the habit of giving away money so the question always comes back to "what do they know?" 

I'd like to put on my tinfoil hat and think they know our players have been getting paid to be absolute chumps the last 3 weeks and now they are ready to suck in the other side but that shit ain't the truth.  

21 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Holy shit, that's an absurd line.  Vegas knows something, but I just don't see it.  Honestly, if I were setting the line it would be 10-14 or so. 

KU has been a  bad team against the spread this year, especially on the road. Their last two road games they lost by 52 points.  That OU game was the only game they covered. Not saying I will bet the spread at 30, but I get why the line is what it is.

Date
H/A/N Opponent Line Result +/-
3-Sep Home South Dakota -11 W by 3 -8
10-Sep Away Coastal Car 26.5 L by 27 -0.5
18-Sep Home Baylor 17 L by 38 -21
25-Sep Away Duke 16.5 L by 19 -2.5
2-Oct Away Iowa State 34.5 L by 52 -17.5
16-Oct Home Texas Tech 18.5 L by 27 -8.5
23-Oct Home Oklahoma 38 L by 12 26
30-Oct Away Oklahoma St 28.5 L by 52 -23.5
6-Nov Home Kansas St 24 L by 25 -1

For the second straight weekend, I was able to make the prop bet of Texas to win the 1st half, (opponent) to win the game. The OSU game paid +850 and the Iowa St +650 (books are wising up). Wont bet it again this week ( i doubt it will even be offered), but it has been a nice reward for having to watch Sark & co. predictably shit the bed.  

KU fan here. We don’t know who will play QB this game. Our starter got rocked, back up is probably done, and we were trying to rs the third string guy who played the second half yesterday. I fully expect to get pounded. We scored 13 points in the last two weeks. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think so

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JayhawkRPh said:

KU fan here. We don’t know who will play QB this game. Our starter got rocked, back up is probably done, and we were trying to rs the third string guy who played the second half yesterday. I fully expect to get pounded. We scored 13 points in the last two weeks. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think so

Upside for you, both of our QBs right now really really suck. 

Our entire team and staff stays in the locker room after halftime. Have you played a team like this yet?

• Haha 1

is the starter out for sure?  that would make sense.  if he comes back the line will probably move.  I'm not sure we can score 30 points on O straight up but if we get some cheap TO's in our territory or a special team score we could do it.

I got news for you.  Backup QBs are our kryptonite  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Your backup will get Heismen consideration and a helmet sticker on ESPN Game Day final.  

• Haha 2

You guys will double that scoring barrage in the 3rd and 4th quarter alone...and that should be enough to win it, fans storm the field, goalposts are toast.

12 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

This line smells fishy as shit.  It should be pounded harder than South Austin's mom on the Kansas side and books are not in the habit of giving away money so the question always comes back to "what do they know?" 

I'd like to put on my tinfoil hat and think they know our players have been getting paid to be absolute chumps the last 3 weeks and now they are ready to suck in the other side but that shit ain't the truth.  

Maybe Sark told whoever in Vegas he’s saving the playbook for the Kansas game 

13 hours ago, JayhawkRPh said:

It don’t make a shit what QB you role out. He will have a career day 

will we even score 30?