Leaked video of Bo Davis going Augie Garrido on the team after ISU loss

Bruh Man

55 minutes ago, Deej said:

We had a Vietnamese kid try out for the basketball team one year. After he continued to camp out in the lane on offense during practice one day, coach stopped play and dragged him by his arm up on side of the lane, across the free throw line, and back down the other side of the lane. He then told him, "This! This is Laos! No go Laos!"

Coach no love him in lane long time?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

On 11/9/2021 at 2:17 PM, txhorns said:

That’s pretty damn mild for an ass chewing from a coach, especially considering the current circumstances.

Yep. Augie's laughing at that rant.

Not gonna read this whole thread, but is anyone actually upset by this video?

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Since it’s Estell I bet he doesn’t even enter the portal. He’s a super senior so he doesn’t even have any eligibility left.

Going to be interesting to see who notices he’s even missing on the sidelines Saturday.

Nope Estell was a 2017 kid, he has his super senior year left.

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Kannell is an idiot. Just had to listen to him on Russillo's pod and hoping he doesn't become a regular guest. Sure he has some valid thoughts but he also has a lot of really stupid takes like some dude you sit next to at a bar and immediately regret acknowledging. 

But he's actually a legitimate talking head unlike Wolken. And he did play football at a high level. I just don't think he's very insightful or interesting. 

You have to know they (Russillo and Kannell) had a radio show/pod together for like at least a year post SVP and Russillo on ESPN, right?  He's also been a pretty consistent guest on Russillo's pod under the Bill Simmons' umbrella.

That said, Wolken is a huge cunt who hates himself and his job, and football.

Edited by Hozz

5 minutes ago, Hozz said:

You have to know they (Russillo and Kannell) had a radio show/pod together for like at least a year post SVP and Russillo on ESPN, right?

Yes. But I don't think he's much of a regular on Rusillo's pod. 

Edited by ztejas

3 hours ago, Deej said:

We had a Vietnamese kid try out for the basketball team one year. After he continued to camp out in the lane on offense during practice one day, coach stopped play and dragged him by his arm up on side of the lane, across the free throw line, and back down the other side of the lane. He then told him, "This! This is Laos! No go Laos!"

This was the funniest thing I read today.  I thought it was clever and then some jerkoff had to ruin it by stating “he probably served in Vietnam.”  Goddamn it, I wanted to believe we had a wicked smart coach on our hands, a real Will Cunting. 

3 hours ago, Deej said:

This was the funniest thing I read today.  I thought it was clever and then some jerkoff had to ruin it by stating “he probably served in Vietnam.”  Goddamn it, I wanted to believe we had a wicked smart coach on our hands, a real Will Cunting. 

4 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

He was hilarious. He and the obese vice principal did not get along. If she was in the stands, he'd call for us to run a spread offense by yelling her name to us, loud enough to be sure the entire gym heard it.

(And no, he wasn't in Vietnam.)

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I was actually impressed how he handled it

Yep, it is going to reveal very quickly — like this week — who on the team is redeemable and who isn’t. And if anyone above Sark takes the Twatter coddlers’ criticism seriously and asks him to reign Bo Davis in, well, then Sark doesn’t want this shitty, impossible job anyway.

CDC and Jay Hartzell should echo Sark’s statements to the press.  Show the players and their would be inciters on social-media — clearly and unequivocally — that the inmates will not be allowed to run the asylum at Texas.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

CDC and Jay Hartzell should echo Sark’s statements to the press.  Show the players and their would be inciters on social-media — clearly and unequivocally — that the inmates will not be allowed to run the asylum at Texas.

For guys at the CDC and Hartzell level, the best way to support Sark/Davis is to not comment.  Sark (Bo's direct boss) has it covered.  If CDC or Hartzell are asked, they just state that they support Sark without reservation.  If pressed, they say he is handling the program well, etc. 

If Bohls and Brown are too dumb to see that Sark and Davis are supported at the highest level, there's nothing we can do about it.  If they write something indicating that CDC or Hartzell were evading, Texas comms can note that they are twisting words and that such unethical behavior will result in loss of access.  I can dream.

• Hook 'Em 4

Bo Davis is still popular amongst the Bama fan base, they never wanted to lose him. The older players Bo coached kept that intensity for some time passing it onto younger players, but it eventually began fading. Hell, Saban rips his players new asses when Bama is up by 20+ points, that is where Bo inherited this mentality and I'm glad he's trying to implement it here. It's a shame Bo has coached here during a down period in Texas football not once, but twice because he's passionate about what he does and he's extremely good at doing it too. This upcoming class with the commits on the line is going to bring that intensity and buy into what Bo is teaching.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chad said:

Bo Davis is still popular amongst the Bama fan base, they never wanted to lose him. The older players Bo coached kept that intensity for some time passing it onto younger players, but it eventually began fading. Hell, Saban rips his players new asses when Bama is up by 20+ points, that is where Bo inherited this mentality and I'm glad he's trying to implement it here. It's a shame Bo has coached here during a down period in Texas football not once, but twice because he's passionate about what he does and he's extremely good at doing it too. This upcoming class with the commits on the line is going to bring that intensity and buy into what Bo is teaching.

This is the kind of stuff that keeps me on the "keep this staff intact and give them 3 years" train. It takes a lot to instill culture, and we are all cynical because we've heard it before, but it is necessary and it has to be done at some point.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

This is the kind of stuff that keeps me on the "keep this staff intact and give them 3 years" train. It takes a lot to instill culture, and we are all cynical because we've heard it before, but it is necessary and it has to be done at some point.

Fucking A. 

This type of emotional response has the same impact as a father walking into the house and seeing some shit not done that he has explicitly asked his kids to do before he got home. It affirms the roles in our house and establishes order.

If he doesn’t address the players shitty mindset/attitude, then it’s tantamount to acceptance. Fuck that. I’ll be damned if I’m going to allow my kid to be anything less than their best. 

I am clean and keep my house clean, I am polite, I am courteous and I am patient because I got my ass chewed about it.

Kids don’t fear a lot these days, but I bet those players don’t say shit and their ass tightens when they pass Bo walking down the hall. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 5

13 hours ago, Saint Tacky said:

When I was 15 years old I had a Pony League coach throw a pitch up and under my chin during batting practice. I hit the deck and raised hell about him trying to hit me. He explained he wasn't and to get my ass up and get back in box.

His next pitch hit me squarely in the middle of the back and he yelled, "There! I was trying to hit you. Feel the difference."

I would have cracked his skull open... "And I was trying to hit you back, Motherfucker."

Except that I'm black and we used to get the death penalty at 15... This was before the internet.

But I digress... Motherfuckers.

Edited by Snacks
Typos, motherfucker
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Deej said:

Cotton?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Can one of you Photoshopping Motherfuckers smoothly Photoshop Bo Motherfucking Davis onto the Motherfucking Gritty? I'd like to have it as a Motherfucking avatar up in this Morherfucker... Thanks in advance Motherfuckers.

Gritty Bo.jpg

Edited by smuggs
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5