Leaked video of Bo Davis going Augie Garrido on the team after ISU loss

Bruh Man

Was just listening to "Full Ride" and the speculation was there could be some pretty significant transfers out of the program at season's end as Sark tries to mold the roster the way he likes it.  But careful how you play it.  Chip Kelly did that, and for a couple of years we couldn't even field a full compliment of scholarship players because he didn't want to just fill schollie slots with and old Joe.  And it showed on the field.  Have to play it smart.  Which we didn't.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Was just listening to "Full Ride" and the speculation was there could be some pretty significant transfers out of the program at season's end as Sark tries to mold the roster the way he likes it.  But careful how you play it.  Chip Kelly did that, and for a couple of years we couldn't even field a full compliment of scholarship players because he didn't want to just fill schollie slots with and old Joe.  And it showed on the field.  Have to play it smart.  Which we didn't.

We've been there... it actually got us better players over time, just not enough on the muthafukkin offensive line...

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

If Bohls and Brown are too dumb to see that Sark and Davis are supported at the highest level, there's nothing we can do about it.  If they write something indicating that CDC or Hartzell were evading, Texas comms can note that they are twisting words and that such unethical behavior will result in loss of access.  I can dream.

chip can read the room. curt doesn't matter and if he shows his ass on this topic he makes his editorial board a laughingstock around town.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

I mean we have the transfer portal being a big thing now, so i think we’d be OK

Hey did y’all know the reason Sark Laid in to Josh Moore at practice after his (Hideous) Baylor game was because he was late to practice???? L

I Had No Idea this is what Sark was dealing with…

Players late to practice and filming coaches rangs…

Ill say it again, I do believe coaching has some to do with what’s going on (Defense seeming not to be on the same page) but the players OMG I’m disgruntled 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I realize this is a bit of a dramatization but this absolutely did happen. This is the kind of hard ass stuff it sometimes takes to forge a culture and the outcome of this, well the outcome is generally the most celebrated achievement in all of the glorious sports history of the USA.  So yea, rock on Bo.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Y'all were still able to lay pipe, though, correct?

• Like 1

Recruiting - either from HS or from the portal - is easier at Texas than UCLA. Granted we haven't done dick with the dozen 4 stars we get every year - but Sark in theory should be able to pull a Mel Tucker with slightly higher quality players. 

LSU, TCU and Tech should be especially prime for the picking right now. Maybe SMU too if Dykes leaves. 

41 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Recruiting - either from HS or from the portal - is easier at Texas than UCLA. Granted we haven't done dick with the dozen 4 stars we get every year - but Sark in theory should be able to pull a Mel Tucker with slightly higher quality players. 

LSU, TCU and Tech should be especially prime for the picking right now. Maybe SMU too if Dykes leaves. 

We've done really well in the portal relatively speaking.  https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-Football-Transfer-Portal-winners-Florida-State-Seminoles-USC-Trojans-Oklahoma-Sooners-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Penn-State-UCLA-Miami-TCU-Florida-Texas-Tech-165563302/#165563302_6

But it's when you have to fill 20-30 spots that you end up struggling with quality.  Chip cleaned house, and it was a mistake from which we haven't really recovered.  And keep in mind there is a reason a lot of these guys are the transfer portal in the first place.  And the reasons are often not good.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

We've done really well in the portal relatively speaking.  https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-Football-Transfer-Portal-winners-Florida-State-Seminoles-USC-Trojans-Oklahoma-Sooners-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Penn-State-UCLA-Miami-TCU-Florida-Texas-Tech-165563302/#165563302_6

But it's when you have to fill 20-30 spots that you end up struggling with quality.  Chip cleaned house, and it was a mistake from which we haven't really recovered.

Right. I get it. As someone pointed out though the portal is in fuller swing now than it was then. Also - like I said - we have 3 potentially 4 programs next door to us that are turning over HCs. One of those programs recruits at an elite level. Two of them recruit in the top 50. The other recruits in the top 75. That isn't including the beleaguered UH, Baylor, aggy, OU kids. There are 20-30 guys to be had.

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

A few open roster spots are preferable to guys with zero hope of ever seeing the field on one of the worst teams in recent memory. Guys like Alvonte Woodard or Rafiti Ghirmai are not doing anyone any good by being here. I hear what you are saying as depth is important, but these guys are obviously not making anyone better, even as tackling dummies.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, D3zii said:

Hey did y’all know the reason Sark Laid in to Josh Moore at practice after his (Hideous) Baylor game was because he was late to practice???? L

I Had No Idea this is what Sark was dealing with…

Players late to practice and filming coaches rangs…

Ill say it again, I do believe coaching has some to do with what’s going on (Defense seeming not to be on the same page) but the players OMG I’m disgruntled 

Yeah, about 10% is on the coaches and 90% on the players...  It's a culture of Take The Loss right in the pussy that gets passed down from class to class.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Does Neuheisel or Childers even know him?  Yes, I read the speculation part which I understand.  Also, a lot of those transfers would be getting nudged out by the staff, not losing them by surprise.  If there are players he wants to keep, he will also be proactive and have that conversation with the players.

I do like that show.  They are oil and water and it makes for funny radio.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

A few open roster spots are preferable to guys with zero hope of ever seeing the field on one of the worst teams in recent memory. Guys like Alvonte Woodard or Rafiti Ghirmai are not doing anyone any good by being here. I hear what you are saying as depth is important, but these guys are obviously not making anyone better, even as tackling dummies.

FWIW:  SARK mentioned at his media availability Thursday that Woodard may play some snaps vs Kansas

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 11/10/2021 at 1:23 PM, Sgt Hulk said:
If this isn’t a plaque outside the stadium fuck this administration 

It should at least be encased in bullet resistant glass and placed in the locker room.

I'm all in for an 8 foot tall animatronic Bo Davis that just plays the speech on repeat. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Right. I get it. As someone pointed out though the portal is in fuller swing now than it was then. Also - like I said - we have 3 potentially 4 programs next door to us that are turning over HCs. One of those programs recruits at an elite level. Two of them recruit in the top 50. The other recruits in the top 75. That isn't including the beleaguered UH, Baylor, aggy, OU kids. There are 20-30 guys to be had.

Tennessee May be a better comparison. They lost 37 guys when Heupel was hired. They’re doing fine.