Leaked video of Bo Davis going Augie Garrido on the team after ISU loss

Bruh Man

10 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

That isn't how it happened at all according to VY, it was more like they (Mack, Greg, and VY) had a sit down and came to a mutual agreement to make changes that VY wanted and was comfortable with because Mack and Greg saw that VY wasn't looking like the stud they thought they recruited and was not happy playing here...I guess it took them (Mack and Greg) a while to come around and see what needed to happen, but at least they were flexible...

This. Unlike sark and PK, Mack and co were willing to adjust to fit the players.  

that’s all many of us are asking happen now. 

Edited by ONE YARD

42 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Maybe Micheal Ungaaaaaaar.

I’m gonna need you to explain to me how Brett Robin reminds you of Christian McCaffery. I mean, they’re both white, correct?

Other than white, they're not even remotely similar.  Are you black or white?  I'll need to know before I can determine if you remind me of Steve Largent or Jerry Rice.

1 hour ago, ONE YARD said:

This. Unlike sark and PK, Mack and co were willing to adjust to fit the players.

I understand fans feeling like something needs to be done to the defensive scheme, and there does seem to be some low-hanging fruit there.

But I'm curious: what would you like changed on offense? It seems like most of the really obvious points we're leaving behind are due to QBs missing wide open passes and WRs dropping them when they do manage to arrive. We can quibble about blocking schemes and rotations, but it's not like this offensive scheme isn't putting players in a position to score.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

To keep this on topic, Brett Robin was a MF.  A MFing med student who Mack's vagina gave more carries to than 5 star-studs sitting behind him. 
Ps no blame on Brett.  Dude did what he could.
Pps Brett reminded me of Christian McCaffrey even before I knew who Christian McCaffrey was.

Wut? They had nothing in common other than their skin color. Though, Robin was a pretty good RB at Westlake but seemed to lose a step when he got to UT(gained weight or injury).

20 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Wut? They had nothing in common other than their skin color. Though, Robin was a pretty good RB at Westlake but seemed to lose a step when he got to UT(gained weight or injury).

When comparing players in football, skin color is the first and most important filter.   Playing style, hand size, era and speed are distant 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th criteria for comparisons.

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It occurs to me that if the players really were discouraging recruits under Herman, simply removing Herman doesn't remove the fundamental problem.

Even if they love his replacement, those players have exhibited extreme bitchassedness.  For which there likely is no cure.

We should have known that this roster is seriously tainted.

Yep, the jrs  and srs who should be the leaders that establish a culture of excellence in the locker room instead are petulant babies leading the collapse.  They establish a negative culture, conformity bias kicks in and then you have a roster of 3,4,5 stars playing like they should never have made it to D1.

Bo Davis did the absolute right thing in the absence of any player accountability on this team.  The coaches have to set that tone, promote the players that respond well and drive off and replace those that don’t.

Really hoping the portal helps expedite the roster turnover that needs to happen (incoming and outgoing).

1 hour ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

I understand fans feeling like something needs to be done to the defensive scheme, and there does seem to be some low-hanging fruit there.

But I'm curious: what would you like changed on offense? It seems like most of the really obvious points we're leaving behind are due to QBs missing wide open passes and WRs dropping them when they do manage to arrive. We can quibble about blocking schemes and rotations, but it's not like this offensive scheme isn't putting players in a position to score.

I don't think the offense can be fixed with the Oline we have now...That's not these coaches fault...Our Oline recruiting has been bad for years.  We would have to have an all world QB  to play behind this Oline to make the offense consistently look great...We'd need A QB that is a clone of VY and Colt...Vince's running and natural sense of when to run, and Colt's passing....It seems like nothing they do with the Oline is working consistently and they've moved players around...

Edited by Azbadlands

Wild to think that if Mack had never made that decision he *might* still be the HC at Texas

And throw to who with what behind what? That team was devoid of talent on that side of the ball. Gilbert had plenty of chances to spread it out when we were trailing and it was as inept offense as we’ve seen here since the 80’s.

The Nebraska game was interesting with Gilbert featured in the run game. No way we wanted him airing it out.

1 minute ago, Eskimohorn said:

And throw to who with what behind what? That team was devoid of talent on that side of the ball. Gilbert had plenty of chances to spread it out when we were trailing and it was as inept offense as we’ve seen here since the 80’s.

The Nebraska game was interesting with Gilbert featured in the run game. No way we wanted him airing it out.

They changed the entire philosophy of what were doing. They tried to fit a square peg in a round hole.....

We returned 2 guys from the a national championship team on the offensive line. Snow did pretty well at center for us. The weakest point was the RT.

Skill wise we had the following: Marquise Goodwin, Kirkendoll, Malcolm Williams, a young Mike Davis, Chiles at receiver. Tre Newton, I think was going to be a good RB here if it wasn't for concussions, Fozzy and Cody Johnson.

Defense was loaded....

Alex Okafor, Kheeston Randall, Sam Acho, Emmanuel Acho, Keenan Robinson, Aaron Williams, Chykie Brown, Curtis Brown, Christian Scott.

With these guys backing them up: Kenny Vacarro, Eddie Jones, Jackson Jeffcoat, etc.

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Brett Robin always got 11 yards on 3rd and 15

He always substituted Cedric on third down for the sake of pass blocking. Then Cedric became known as one of the best pass blocking backs in the NFL. People forget how stone fucking dumb that staff could be on the offensive side.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, stork642 said:

To his dline recruits-this shit you’re been seeing won’t be tolerated and you can easily start day one.  

I think this is the message to literally every single recruit (HS and Portal) outside of RB.  Outside of Bijan and Worthy (and maybe Whittington for the handful of games he is actually healthy) I don't think there is a job that is considered "safe" heading into next year.

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

You mean like when he recruited for a spread roster for years and decided to scrap that? 

No shit. Remember when Colt graduated and Mack talked about how elated Greg was to have Gilbert going back under center and how he would lead the offense they always wanted? 

19 hours ago, Skipper said:

Don't think this kid needs to be shit on via social media etc. with as much press as this is getting.  Especially this week while it's still viral.  He just doesn't need to play football at Texas ever again.  If the individual isn't in the 2 deep anyways and no obvious announcement needs to be made, then who gives a shit.  Just GTFO out of the locker room.

I respectfully disagree about the need to be shit upon. You pull a stunt like this and you're begging for it in my book. Not going to shed any tears for someone who betrayed the program like that. 

I'm also not down with calling a 22 year old man a kid. 

Then again, I'm an asshole. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 3