Leaked video of Bo Davis going Augie Garrido on the team after ISU loss

Bruh Man

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I have no problem with it other than its ineffectiveness. Yell and scream all you want.

well I don't agree. the yelling(assuming it isn't done after every loss) puts you on notice and is effective in that vein. its what happens during the week after, that determines the effectiveness.  It will effect some(likely most) and not others. 

I do believe that hard coaching is less effective with the portal.  it gives a much easier out(than the old sit for a year) for the player(who usually ends up where he would have anyway) and in some respects for the coach as well.

The hierarchy still exists, though.  some will thrive and some will dive.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

5 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Yep. Anytime there's a regime change some get on board with the new staff, some don't and most take a wait and see attitude. The first season is almost always a mess behind the curtain, inside the locker room. By the time the holidays roll around lines are pretty clear on who's in and who's out. To your point of playing with pride it gets more and more difficult for those who have pride to keep at it as things continue to deteriorate. I expect a good bit of churn soon enough and a fairly new cast to take the stage next fall. 

Time to stop the motherfuckering. 

There are only a handful of people who don't get infected with bad attitudes, no matter how much pride they start with.  These ARE 18-21 year olds.  But even in companies with adults, sloppy habits are contagious.

3 hours ago, JBJ said:

This leak might have a positive effect overall, but a lot of stuff wouldn't.  There's got to be a level of trust that team business stays within the team.

Yeah. This. I actually was wondering if I'd ever seen such a united response to a video before, where even our foes were saying the same things. I had to go back to the reaction to 9/11. That was pretty universal (if slightly more important).

You can't expect a leak to have this kind of reaction. Also, given that "shouldn't have leaked out" is PART of that universal reaction....

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Complaint about not showing enough emotion on sideline. Check.

Complaint about some vague notion of halftime adjustments. Check.

You just might be an Aggie.

Spirited leaping about and shouting by the HC wouldn't change a single play from this season.

We have winning plays called in the second half with absolute failure to execute.

I'm frankly baffled at why the team is so bad. It goes deeper than a first year coach. I stand with Bo Davis. We've got a busload of 4-star dilettantes. Is that the family atmosphere our players project to recruits? Is that the prevailing culture?

Again, I'm stumped. I recall Quandre Diggs noting how too many football players at Texas don't seem to love football. 

May be time for a return to shit drills.

3-star dilettantes.

59 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Crappy scheme,coaching, or gameplan does not excuse not trying or just quitting on the team in a game.  That's all on fhe players...It's one thing to lose if your trying and giving your all, but these punks lose because the first time they get punched in the mouth they fold like a paper bag. They don't have any pride and don't care about their teammates who are trying.  However, it does not mean the coaching is still good.  The coaches should have the pulse of the team and know when there are morale issues like this and address it before it shows up big time in a game..I doubt these morale issues started overnight.

The thing is, I don't see a crappy gameplan or scheme. I've been watching the games this year, and I see players consistently put into position to make plays.

Which the players then fuck up.

I have been wrong as fuck before, but I don't think it's the coaching. It might also be the coaching. But it's the players for sure.

• Hook 'Em 7

26 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

well I don't agree. the yelling(assuming it isn't done after every loss) puts you on notice and is effective in that vein. its what happens during the week after, that determines the effectiveness.  It will effect some(likely most) and not others. 

I do believe that hard coaching is less effective with the portal.  it gives a much easier out(than the old sit for a year) for the player(who usually ends up where he would have anyway) and in some respects for the coach as well.

The hierarchy still exists, though.  some will thrive and some will dive.

please do not quote the troll

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The thing is, I don't see a crappy gameplan or scheme. I've been watching the games this year, and I see players consistently put into position to make plays.

I have been wrong as fuck before, but I don't think it's the coaching. It might also be the coaching. But it's the players for sure.

If the players miss their assignments, the coaches haven't taught well enough.

7 minutes ago, bullet said:

I'm generally sympathetic to this view, and there have been plenty of coaching fails this season, but the reality is that there's only so much a coach can do in a regulated amount of practice time. Our best teams had enough self motivated/enforcer players to establish a culture that pulled everyone up. You think the same person who sent this video out to his friends for the lolz is doing voluntary workouts and prep work?

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Maybe it's not the scheme, but the players fit in the scheme...Like trying to force a square peg into a round hole, putting players in positions they are not used too or cannot handle and hoping it works.  Like putting undersized edge defenders in against Arkansas and watching them get lit up over and over by the Oline in the running game and not making any adjustment...

I don't blame these coaches for the players they have now... I hope they pick a specific offense and defensive scheme they want to run, and then start recruiting players that are  fits for the positions in that scheme...

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Azbadlands said:

Crappy scheme,coaching, or gameplan does not excuse not trying or just quitting on the team in a game.  That's all on fhe players...It's one thing to lose if your trying and giving your all, but these punks lose because the first time they get punched in the mouth they fold like a paper bag. They don't have any pride and don't care about their teammates who are trying.  However, it does not mean the coaching is still good.  The coaches should have the pulse of the team and know when there are morale issues like this and address it before it shows up big time in a game..I doubt these morale issues started overnight.

Did they not? What did they say in the locker room and at practice the last few weeks? Seems like Sark got into it with J. Moore before this. I doubt he was the only one he was riding hard. This wasn't Bo Davis just being mad. This was a coaching staff decision to send a message in a different manner because players weren't getting it.

I've seen a lot of jokes about this being 4D chess and this leak being orchestrated. I actually don't doubt that. The players may not care if the staff calls them out in practice, but now they see it going public and seeing the response from the media, fans, and most importantly former players. They know whose side EVERYONE is on. Hopefully that's enough motivation for some of these guys. The rest can leave. I hope the staff is following up on this and meeting with each player individually to deliver the message and either get buy in, or tell them to pack their bags. That simple. If its 5 guys that leave, great. If its 25, even better. Get rid of the anchor that is unmotivated players and lack of player leadership. Painful in the short term, yes. Critical to the long term success of the program, absolutely.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Did they not? What did they say in the locker room and at practice the last few weeks? Seems like Sark got into it with J. Moore before this. I doubt he was the only one he was riding hard. This wasn't Bo Davis just being mad. This was a coaching staff decision to send a message in a different manner because players weren't getting it.

I've seen a lot of jokes about this being 4D chess and this leak being orchestrated. I actually don't doubt that. The players may not care if the staff calls them out in practice, but now they see it going public and seeing the response from the media, fans, and most importantly former players. They know whose side EVERYONE is on. Hopefully that's enough motivation for some of these guys. The rest can leave. I hope the staff is following up on this and meeting with each player individually to deliver the message and either get buy in, or tell them to pack their bags. That simple. If its 5 guys that leave, great. If its 25, even better. Get rid of the anchor that is unmotivated players and lack of player leadership. Painful in the short term, yes. Critical to the long term success of the program, absolutely.

I thought Josh Moore was late to practice this week after having a shit-astic game in Waco just a few days earlier so Sark jumped his ass. Got no problem with that.

• Hook 'Em 1

yeah, no legitimate texas fan can possibly have a problem with this moment from davis.  every single one of us wanted to do the same thing from the okie state pick six all the way to now...though the isu game (who now has a three game winning streak over texas) was brutally pathetic and warranted a no-bullshit reckoning in order to start fresh.

if he would have thrown in a few leach trademarked "fat little girlfriends" or a dan hawkins "it's the big 12, go play intramurals brotha," he'd get a few bonus points but that was pretty solid.

unfortunately, we are in such desperate need of olinemen, a quarterback, some defensive ends, some linebackers, some defensive backs, and some halftime adjustments, that this is unfortunately step 1 of 10,000 to getting this thing righted.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Seemed like Schooler was one of the few really putting out effort. He may not be the best athlete on the field, but he was sure as fuck trying.

I motherfucking agree with this motherfucker and his motherfucking take is 100% right the motherfucking ON!

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, bullet said:

That's just freakin' dumb.  From my own experience, I've been taught well enough by plenty of good/great teachers.  Hell, I had the great Roger Louis once and still partied too much, didn't study hard enough etc... and then screwed up assignments and exams. You telling me I screwed up the assignment up because Roger didn't teach me?

That was on me, not him.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, bullet said:

What if a player is running wide open and they don't throw his way or they throw his way and its out of bounds or its on target and he fails to catch it. I'd say that primarily is what is happening in the pass game. Which in turn kills the run game because it isn't much of a threat if we can't execute consistently. We make any one or two of those during the last 4 games and we likely win because it completely changes the dynamics of the game. It opens up the run, it puts the opponent further down and makes them one dimensional.

And again, how many different assignments have these players had over the last 6 years. Someone posted above that Okafor has had 5 oline coaches in 6 years. WTF do you expect when he's learning something different every year? Instead of consistency and working on identifying the correct assignment and making the play, they stand there looking confused as shit. You think that's on the coaches. I think that's the result of a turnstile of coaches. You don't teach during the season, you execute what you have been taught. These guys haven't had enough time to learn and practice and practice and practice until it becomes routine. And with the OL especially, it only takes 1 of 5 guys to miss their assignment to blow the play up. Repetition is the key. Dump the bad, non-motivated players and start the rebuild with continuity for the next 2-3 years and it will pay off.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, sidis said:

if he would have thrown in a few leach trademarked "fat little girlfriends" or a dan hawkins "it's the big 12, go play intramurals brotha," he'd get a few bonus points but that was pretty solid.

Leach only sent the fuckups to the dark trailer. Bo sends you straight to the mother fucking portal. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, bullet said:

I'm not saying its bad.  I'm just saying he needed to know his audience.

Some teams would respond.  But you could have players with pride who won't put up with being talked to like this.  But maybe that type of player knows they deserved it after the last 4 games.

And of course the type who film and release this stuff are the type you don't care how they respond.  You want them out.

“Players with pride…”. Bullet? You cannot be serious. 

1 hour ago, Azbadlands said:

Maybe it's not the scheme, but the players fit in the scheme...Like trying to force a square peg into a round hole, putting players in positions they are not used too or cannot handle and hoping it works.  Like putting undersized edge defenders in against Arkansas and watching them get lit up over and over by the Oline in the running game and not making any adjustment...

I don't blame these coaches for the players they have now... I hope they pick a specific offense and defensive scheme they want to run, and then start recruiting players that are  fits for the positions in that scheme...

These players don't fit any scheme. If the ball is thrown to you, wide open, and lands right in the breadbasket, and you DON'T catch it, the scheme did its job. Where were you?

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

e213df7b-671e-46a1-89c8-86fcaa751afc-jpeg.159669

Banks is my kinda people

• Hook 'Em 1

Losing is not what made this man angry. It's players laughing and joking around minutes after they were just humiliated on the field. Were you in a mood to be laughing and joking minutes after the game? You should have been. Otherwise you are taking this team way more serious than they take themselves. They truly don't give a shit. 

5 minutes ago, Loather said:

Losing is not what made this man angry. It's players laughing and joking around minutes after they were just humiliated on the field. Were you in a mood to be laughing and joking minutes after the game? You should have been. Otherwise you are taking this team way more serious than they take themselves. They truly don't give a shit. 

I turned it off in the 3rd qtr because it was obvious the team didn't give a shit, so why should I?

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

3 defensive coordinators have tried to teach players like Foster how to tackle. 

You can’t teach talent. Shitty players are shitty players. 

I was big on Foster as a recruit and he played very well his freshman year.  I'm not sure what happened after his freshman year but his attempts at tackling against ou his sophomore year and his terrible effort game in and game out since then have me questioning if this guy even wants to play football.  I've never seen a guy that was a good tackler and a hard hitter become so soft.  I'm not sure if it's injuries, if he's scared to get hurt again, or if he's let the programs loser mentality permeate.  Either way, it's a bitch ass move to quit in the middle of a game, especially the first game of the season.  I lost all respect for him as a player after that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I was big on Foster as a recruit and he played very well his freshman year.  I'm not sure what happened after his freshman year but his attempts at tackling against ou his sophomore year and his terrible effort game in and game out since then have me questioning if this guy even wants to play football.  I've never seen a guy that was a good tackler and a hard hitter become so soft.  I'm not sure if it's injuries, if he's scared to get hurt again, or if he's let the programs loser mentality permeate.  Either way, it's a bitch ass move to quit in the middle of a game, especially the first game of the season.  I lost all respect for him as a player after that.

I'm not sure Foster was a ever a good tackler. His FR year Texas just put him at the LOS and allowed him to rush the QB. That's Foster's strength but teams eventually adjusted. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

That's just freakin' dumb.  From my own experience, I've been taught well enough by plenty of good/great teachers.  Hell, I had the great Roger Louis once and still partied too much, didn't study hard enough etc... and then screwed up assignments and exams. You telling me I screwed up the assignment up because Roger didn't teach me?

That was on me, not him.

Sometimes, you just can't fix dumb and fix lack of give-a-shit.

Plenty of guys play football and don't get why football demands effort through the whistle.

Aggregate this over a score of teammates that have become comfortable with losing, and that shit adds up - every play, every game - and they accept the 2nd half melt as if they are destined for it.

I have seen plenty of play calling that is designed to move the chains and score. We don't execute. Pick 6 at OSU is right. I knew the team would fold then, and I bet OSU did too.

The defense makes me livid - since D is where that effort can pay off hugely with off-schedule plays - but that is where this exact lack of give-a-shit shows and hurts the most.
  • Hook 'Em 2