Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

DpKDHE4U0AIN0ab.jpgDpKDHwUUwAEdRoV.jpg

Interesting.

Texas's opponents have combined to average 375.5 yards allowed and 26.6 points per game.

Texas has averaged 414.7 yards and 32 points against those same teams.

The only team to hold the Longhorns under their season averages in both categories was KSU, which benefited from a 10 to 0 penalty discrepancy.

My guess is ryanag is a moron.

• Replies 72.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

"The University of Kentucky hadn’t played football in College Station since 1952, when “in a moving gesture of sportsmanship,” A&M’s cadets “carried the victorious Wildcats from the field on their shoulders.”

It’s good to see not everything has changed.

Kentucky alumni and other members of Big Blue Nation were happy to find a warm welcome in Aggieland before and after the Oct. 6 game (which this time, A&M won). 

“If the world treated everyone the way Texas A&M treated us this weekend the world would be a better place!” tweeted a member of the Kentucky cheer squad, Kyle Steele. 

“It was truly the best experience any of us have ever had,” Steele added. “Cheering for us upon arrival, as we warmed up, wanted pictures with us, continued to ask if we needed anything.”

If the world treated everyone the way Texas A&M treated us this weekend the world would be a better place!@AggieNetwork

— Kyle Steele (@cheeringuy100) October 7, 2018"
mainImg20181009183418.jpg?width=1900&mod

Gonna guess they only treated the male members of the cheer squad well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

LKeller, a fan of a team that plays 7 home games and 1 in-state neutral site game this season. We play 6 home games, 1 in-state neutral site game, and 1 "neutral site" game 12 miles from our opponent's campus (1,500 miles from ours). I'd call the Maryland game a true road game. aggy plays 4 road games and we play 5, dumb fuck.

LKeller, you’re a retard. That is all.

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

"The University of Kentucky hadn’t played football in College Station since 1952, when “in a moving gesture of sportsmanship,” A&M’s cadets “carried the victorious Wildcats from the field on their shoulders.”

It’s good to see not everything has changed.

Kentucky alumni and other members of Big Blue Nation were happy to find a warm welcome in Aggieland before and after the Oct. 6 game (which this time, A&M won). 

“If the world treated everyone the way Texas A&M treated us this weekend the world would be a better place!” tweeted a member of the Kentucky cheer squad, Kyle Steele. 

“It was truly the best experience any of us have ever had,” Steele added. “Cheering for us upon arrival, as we warmed up, wanted pictures with us, continued to ask if we needed anything.”

If the world treated everyone the way Texas A&M treated us this weekend the world would be a better place!@AggieNetwork

— Kyle Steele (@cheeringuy100) October 7, 2018"
mainImg20181009183418.jpg?width=1900&mod

Anybody got a barf bag I can use?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

It doesn't say where they carried them to...  Nor if it was consensual.

• Like 1

The A&M cadets who have a documented history of physically assaulting SWC cheerleaders and physically threatening the Rice Marching band...oh and stealing everybody's mascot...is suddenly love bombing everybody? Well alright then. I am sure Baylor, Texas Tech, UT, and the other members of the SWC would have appreciated not being treated like dirt all those decades but better late than never.

17 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The A&M cadets who have a documented history of physically assaulting SWC cheerleaders and physically threatening the Rice Marching band...oh and stealing everybody's mascot...is suddenly love bombing everybody? Well alright then. I am sure Baylor, Texas Tech, UT, and the other members of the SWC would have appreciated not being treated like dirt all those decades but better late than never.

Don't forget loading up a howitzer on a train to go shell fucking Waco

• Like 1

I had the sads today after coming to a dark realization that I (and most of us here) will not live to the year 2100 when that 20XX championship trophy becomes obsolete and useless. (At that point do they print out a new date placard and replace on the trophy or use it for something else?)

We need to make sure our kids and grandkids understand the folly, ineptness and utter embarrassment of being Aggy so that they are properly prepared to mock and ridicule them at all times.

I had the sads today after coming to a dark realization that I (and most of us here) will not live to the year 2100 when that 20XX championship trophy becomes obsolete and useless. (At that point do they print out a new date placard and replace on the trophy or use it for something else?)
We need to make sure our kids and grandkids understand the folly, ineptness and utter embarrassment of being Aggy so that they are properly prepared to mock and ridicule them at all times.

Well we’ll all be alive when they fire jimbo and have to pay out the rest of his contract.

11 minutes ago, deft said:

Well we’ll all be alive when they fire jimbo and have to pay out the rest of his contract.

The endless upside of aggy is that they will constantly make bad decisions because they will never realize or acknowledge that THEY are the problem.

dysfunctiondemotivator_grande.jpeg?v=140

Edited by sushihorn

Anyone hear Joel Klatt on the ticket in Dallas yesterday describe the aggies as the fan base most out of touch with reality when it comes to expectations of their football team? Said that with Fisher in a couple of years, they should be expecting to compete for second place in SEC west on a regular basis.

I’m glad we’re not the only ones laughing at the aggies.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

In 1926, the year where the aggy cadet was killed by the Baylor fan during the halftime fight on the Baylor campus, the ags were reviled by others in the conference. Just the week before at the SMU game, the ags started picking fights with the SMU fans and started assaulting some female SMU fans. The fight at the Baylor game where the kid was killed had been brewing for a long time and it was entirely due to the reputation the ags had been creating for themselves for years.

In the immediate aftermath of the Baylor fight came the aggy fairytale about their stealing a 3,000 pound cannon (which ordinarily would have been pulled by a team of six horses), carrying it to the train station, loading it on a rail car, switching trains to get to Waco, and threatening the Baylor campus with it. Of course, the ags have never explained where the ammunition for the cannon was going to come from seeing how there was never an artillery range on the aggy campus and no live ammunition was ever stored anywhere close to the aggy campus. So yes, the ags claim they took a 3,000 pound cannon on a train knowing they had no ammunition and that was going to show the Baylor fans just how smart aggys were.

The bottom line is if the ags had a fucking clue about their school's history, and of their school's place in Texas history, they would understand why today few people in Texas have any respect for Texas A&M or the alumni it produces.

6 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Anyone hear Joel Klatt on the ticket in Dallas yesterday describe the aggies as the fan base most out of touch with reality when it comes to expectations of their football team? Said that with Fisher in a couple of years, they should be expecting to compete for second place in SEC west on a regular basis.

Well it is weird. Yes they talk like they are among the most elite in College Football and should be given the highest respect...but on the other hand the celebrate everything their team does regardless of how unimpressive it is (up until some point when they turn on the leadership, but most fanbases do that it is just more jarring when they do it at A&M). So they seem to be out of touch with their place in the world yet somehow also usually satisfied with whatever their program produces.

Yes I love Klatt. He's great ever Wed on BaD Radio. He is open about his hatred and disrespect for aggy. His backhanded compliment yesterday about competing for 2nd was funny.

Better getting 2nd to Alabama in the west than a conference championship in any other conference you dumbass.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

In 1926, the year where the aggy cadet was killed by the Baylor fan during the halftime fight on the Baylor campus, the ags were reviled by others in the conference. Just the week before at the SMU game, the ags started picking fights with the SMU fans and started assaulting some female SMU fans. The fight at the Baylor game where the kid was killed had been brewing for a long time and it was entirely due to the reputation the ags had been creating for themselves for years.

In the immediate aftermath of the Baylor fight came the aggy fairytale about their stealing a 3,000 pound cannon (which ordinarily would have been pulled by a team of six horses), carrying it to the train station, loading it on a rail car, switching trains to get to Waco, and threatening the Baylor campus with it. Of course, the ags have never explained where the ammunition for the cannon was going to come from seeing how there was never an artillery range on the aggy campus and no live ammunition was ever stored anywhere close to the aggy campus. So yes, the ags claim they took a 3,000 pound cannon on a train knowing they had no ammunition and that was going to show the Baylor fans just how smart aggys were.

The bottom line is if the ags had a fucking clue about their school's history, and of their school's place in Texas history, they would understand why today few people in Texas have any respect for Texas A&M or the alumni it produces.

The aggy cadet died from a head injury incurred at halftime during an on the field melee between cadets and Baylor students.

It all started when a group of overzealous cadets stormed & attacked a group of female Baylor students that they “misjudged” as male students in drag that were allegedly mocking their beloved college.

Shame that something like that happened, but it falls squarely into the catagory of karma.

Edited by UcancallmeSurly

1 hour ago, deft said:

Maybe.  The plan is to break as many rules as possible through boosters to get the best players they can possibly buy.  If they somehow manage to compete in the SEC, then they will fully continue to support Baggins.  

However in a few years when they realize their investment may lead to additional money but no championships, they will slowly start to turn on him.  You couple this with his unstable personality, then they will find a way to fire him for cause.  After all, he will have full knowledge of the improprieties that have occurred.

They have everything they need to win a national title. Except wins. But that has been true for decades.

Anyway maybe Baylor beats us. So what? We will try to win again next week. I don't get why that would be hilarious. We have lost plenty of games over the past eight years.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2

So do they really create these sock accounts for the sole purpose of propping up their program and gameday experience with their fans? Holy shit that is sad if true. I have never seen a post like these on the Shag in all my years here from opposing fans. Yet it seems these are all over the place after every game for them. 
Every
Single
Game

And yes, they do.
  • Like 1

Klatt thinks Fisher coaches New Mexico State?

Look looch if you want to talk about new mexico state or other aggie teams we have a thread for that. Please confine talk on this thread to aggy.

7d6cecb10f970bbbd67bebf3349599af.gif406bacd012eadb3640428c5984bcdc6f.jpg7c45dbe57c2f1860279f52b6156be43b.gif

Is it just me, or does any SEC team beating Kentucky seem equivalent to Big 12 teams beating Iowa State the years they have a decent team? (Like last year) I mean, no disrespect to the clones, but Kentucky is one of those teams perennially near the bottom of the SEC, yet once or twice a decade they field a decent team that can catch better teams napping on any given Saturday. Nothing more, nothing less...and certainly getting a W against them is nothing to crow about for a solid week.

6 minutes ago, ousux said:

Is it just me, or does any SEC team beating Kentucky seem equivalent to Big 12 teams beating Iowa State the years they have a decent team? (Like last year) I mean, no disrespect to the clones, but Kentucky is one of those teams perennially near the bottom of the SEC, yet once or twice a decade they field a decent team that can catch better teams napping on any given Saturday. Nothing more, nothing less...and certainly getting a W against them is nothing to crow about for a solid week.

Yes. And any Kentucky football fan that would be possibly talking about great football atmosphere has as much credibility as a Baylor fan talking about great football atmosphere. They would have no frame of reference, as their normal home games would consist of less than 50,000 fans. 

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

DpPI7jdV4AAsLdK.jpgDpPI872UcAEtSxO.jpg

We didn't seem to have a problem defending the SEC's best offense in last year's bowl game, with half our starters out.  But I suppose that doesn't fit their BDF narrative.

Also, I love how they act like they've won against anyone with a pulse this year.  UK will probably end up around #50.  Arkansas has 1 win, against Eastern IL.  NW State has 2 wins and lost to Baylor in virtually identical fashion as they did to aggy.  LA Monroe has 2 wins and gave up 70 points to Ole Miss.

1 hour ago, OU Sucks said:

We didn't seem to have a problem defending the SEC's best offense in last year's bowl game, with half our starters out.  But I suppose that doesn't fit their BDF narrative.

Also, I love how they act like they've won against anyone with a pulse this year.  UK will probably end up around #50.  Arkansas has 1 win, against Eastern IL.  NW State has 2 wins and lost to Baylor in virtually identical fashion as they did to aggy.  LA Monroe has 2 wins and gave up 70 points to Ole Miss.

All of what you just said is reality and makes sense and that's all fine and good.  But that doesn't penetrate the aggy brain.  Such as it is.

• Like 1