• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 9/5/2021 at 8:01 PM, utee94 said:

ULaLa was their hope, until they weren't.

Now it's Arkansas.  After Texas beats the shit outta pig by 3 TDs, the ags will say that Arkansas isn't really an SEC team and they weren't trying to beat Texas anyway since it's not a conference game and only conference games matter.

And on and on.

Can't wait to read their high hopes of Rice beating us in a couple weeks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Can't wait to read their high hopes of Rice beating us in a couple weeks. 

Their team is shittier than ours, has a higher chance of losing to Colorado, and I'm still not going to wishcast a loss for them since they will probably win.

Soon there won't be any skirts for them to hide under. They will need to actually win a fuckin game against us to claim superiority.

Edited by Bevo14

12 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Soon there won't be any skirts for them to hide under. They will need to actually win a fuckin game against us to claim superiority.

Don't remember who it was, but someone on this thread said a while back, "The ags have only won 1/3 of the games they actually played against us.  But they've won 100% of the games that were never played."  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

There is no way Colorado beats them this week. I live in Denver and am not the least bit tempted to go to this game. 

Unless the Ags turn it over a bunch, I agree.  CU is bad.  But they have a QB who is a decent passer and can run.  And they have a couple decent running backs. Dumb not to play the game in Boulder.

37 minutes ago, deadshank said:

I was looking for a picture on my phone and ran across this one.  My BIL Wake Forest grad sent it to me after aggy lost to the Deacs at the Belk Bowl in 2017 and the aggy band left the stadium. 

It simply said “retreat!”

(brevity is the soul of wit)

E23842A3-C671-451B-B5F8-547E056BD37F.jpeg

They didn’t want to be there, so it didn’t count. 

I was looking for a picture on my phone and ran across this one.  My BIL Wake Forest grad sent it to me after aggy lost to the Deacs at the Belk Bowl in 2017 and the aggy band left the stadium. 

It simply said “retreat!”
(brevity is the soul of wit)
E23842A3-C671-451B-B5F8-547E056BD37F.thumb.jpeg.d1311895648995892175e9c8ba887f08.jpeg

Come on now. The military uses “fall back” these days.
  • Haha 1

The ags have been having an internal sturm-und-drang moment over the "Fuck Joe Biden" chant and (heaven forbid) that some fans were booing instead of hissing to the refs of a perceived bad call. It's truly comical.

http://www.thebatt.com/news/head-yell-leader-responds-to-obscenities-at-fall-opener/article_ad76751a-0ff9-11ec-ade4-cb941c025d1f.html

Yet again, their fairy-tale self-image is conflicting with the reality of their culture and who they actually are.

The problem of aggys being vulgar rednecks during football games goes back to al least 1906, as shown by the clip from the October 6, 1906 edition of the school paper. What makes this even more comical is that even though they were complaining about vulgar yells by the "yell leaders" at least starting in 1906, they insist their tradition of having yell leaders didn't start until 1907.

Add to it the aggy behavior that got one of them killed at the Baylor game in 1926, the admissions that most of the state of Texas held them in low esteem in the late 1940s and early 1950s, etc, etc, and you have a clear pattern of the ags never being the "classy" fanbase they insist they are today.

aggy vulgar yells 10-6-06.jpeg

aggy heels jpg.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2021 at 10:25 AM, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, why are they playing it in Denver?

Probably to be able to split the gate so both schools can make money from a neutral site.  It was a home and home, but the Colorado trip to College Station was canceled. 

8 minutes ago, Cody2422 said:

FF319242-8A39-4CE1-8D1F-543DEF7F8823.jpeg

A&M has only played 13 games since then, and got the absolute shit kicked out of them the week after said Georgia game, 50-7 by LSU (a team that we only lost to by 7 points).

They only beat three teams with a winning record last year, and one of those teams fired its coach. Those teams were a combined 22-13 (62.8%), so it isn't like they were world beaters. Seems like yet another fucking stupid thing to brag about. 

Fuck aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2

Is it correct he still has no buyout in his contract? If so, exactly what is gonna stop him from leaving? His love of bumfuck? Maybe his love of the fact that they will keep overpaying him.
There is no P5 job open anywhere, and its quite possible LSU cant afford to shitcan Ogre and overpay for a good coach...yet aggy still bid against themselves and bought Jimbo a few more vacation homes. His money in collie station is guaranteed even if he goes full Peter from Office Space, how can anyone possibly get a better deal than that?
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

They recognize the format that Kyle umlang guy uses, but are trying to fit different data into it.

The problem is that there is no real data that props up the leaning pile of rubble that is their football program. 

Edited by Tex Pete

Cliff’s Notes?
ACC2087F-1FDF-4F0A-9E99-59F490E5763E.gif.5570ebb635276adbc34b9edb85b1a088.gif

Aggy intentionally stole some guy’s book and published it online. Lead aggy dipshit literally had his admin retype it from a pdf (full of copyright notices) the author sent and post on their webpage.

FYI I was able to determine this with maybe 30 seconds of reading that doc.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Aggy intentionally stole some guy’s book and published it online. Lead aggy dipshit literally had his admin retype it from a pdf (full of copyright notices) the author sent and post on their webpage.

FYI I was able to determine this with maybe 30 seconds of reading that doc.

I don’t have 30 seconds. 

But I do have lysdexia. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Cliff’s Notes?

ACC2087F-1FDF-4F0A-9E99-59F490E5763E.gif

Remember back when my 12th Man story was picked up by the Wall St Journal? That, and Seattle in the Super Bowl caused aggy administrators to panic and look for anything they could to bolster their claim to the trademark. Brad Marquardt was (allegedly) told to handle the issue. Brad Marquardt is/was one of the aggy school employees responsible for marketing, or fairy tales, or whatever.

One of the things Marquardt (allegedly) did it take a manuscript about the subject submitted by a writer to the athletics department for pre-publication comments, have his secretary retype the writer's work into A&M's computer files without the copyright info, and then he (allegedly) sent the manuscript to 350,000 alumni.

Marquardt was sued by the writer as was the school. The school is claiming sovereign immunity. That issue is still outstanding. Marquardt was denied sovereign immunity protections. He appealed. His appeal was denied.

As it stands, Marquardt is still personally liable for copyright infringement damages which under DMCA can start at $2,500 per incident. Multiply $2,500 by 350,000. Whether A&M can hide behind sovereign immunity is the other case the 5th Circuit heard in July. That decision should be out shortly.

Edited by Randolph Duke