• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Joel Klatt's preseason Top 25-- AKA, I feel a boycott coming on...

1) Georgia
2) Michigan
3) Ohio State
4) Alabama
5) Penn State
6) Washington
7) LSU
😎 USC
9) Clemson
10) Florida State
11) Utah
12) Tennessee
13) Oregon
14) Texas
15) Oregon State
16) Oklahoma
17) Kansas State
18) Notre Dame
19) TCU
20) Ole Miss
21) North Carolina
22) Iowa
23) Wisconsin
24) Texas Tech
25) UCLA

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

1) Georgia
2) Michigan
3) Ohio State
4) Alabama
5) Penn State
6) Washington
7) LSU
😎 USC
9) Clemson
10) Florida State
11) Utah
12) Tennessee
13) Oregon
14) Texas
15) Oregon State
16) Oklahoma
17) Kansas State
18) Notre Dame
19) TCU
20) Ole Miss
21) North Carolina
22) Iowa
23) Wisconsin
24) Texas Tech
25) UCLA

Klatt loves kicking A&M. mostly because no one shoots themselves more in the foot than that program

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

1) Georgia
2) Michigan
3) Ohio State
4) Alabama
5) Penn State
6) Washington
7) LSU
😎 USC
9) Clemson
10) Florida State
11) Utah
12) Tennessee
13) Oregon
14) Texas
15) Oregon State
16) Oklahoma
17) Kansas State
18) Notre Dame
19) TCU
20) Ole Miss
21) North Carolina
22) Iowa
23) Wisconsin
24) Texas Tech
25) UCLA

#14. This gruntles me. I hate when we enter the season ranked really high based on basically nothing. But yeah, LOL aggy. Fucking clowns.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Same.  I don't want to be ranked any higher in the polls.  The Horns are still an 8-5 team until they prove otherwise.

Your mom's an 8-5 team until she proves otherwise. 

Yeah, I know it makes no sense, but that's all I got. My bad. :shame:

• Haha 2

John Sharp has spoken:

A&M Chancellor: It’s time to put our house back in order 

For those of you who know me, you can understand how I was biting my tongue to keep from responding personally during the recent avalanche of negative media coverage. I chose to wait, however, for the conclusion of a thorough investigation into the attempted hiring of Dr. Kathleen McElroy and the controversy surrounding Dr. Joy Alonzo.

You can read the report (www.tamus.edu/internal-review) for yourself and view the evidence that supports the investigation’s narrative. It isn’t always pretty, but it helps explain what really happened. We surely learned of some bad decision-making to which almost no one was privy at the time.

Regarding the events in Dr. McElroy’s hiring process, it is difficult to recognize the alma mater I dearly love and to which I owe so much. Texas A&M is far better than this!

A few, however, forgot our Core Values.

It is time to come together, put our house back in order, and vow to never let this happen again. We all must rededicate ourselves to the Aggie values that define us and bind us.

To begin with, I want to apologize publicly to Dr. McElroy and fervently hope we can eventually heal with our mutual love for Texas A&M.

To Dr. Alonzo, I am sorry her name was bandied about in the news media four months after the university had cleared her of allegations she had criticized Lt. Governor Dan Patrick in a manner that at least one student found offensive.

The report also corrects the false narrative that I ordered an investigation into Dr. Alonzo and am not a champion of academic freedom because I took one brief, non-threatening phone call from the lieutenant governor.

The truth is, the university put her on paid leave while it investigated with no initiation or interference from me. Further, Dr. Joy Alonzo says she has no issue with how the university handled her case.

Bottom line, Texas A&M investigated when the University of Texas Medical Branch, where Dr. Alonzo was appearing as a guest lecturer, issued a public statement censuring Dr. Alonzo without providing any evidence, it turned out, and unfortunately still hasn’t retracted that censure.

What else would you have the university do but check it out?

As for academic freedom, faculty members across the state were terrified this spring that the Legislature would follow up on calls to eliminate tenure, the bedrock of academic freedom. Instead, today the tenure policy of Texas A&M is codified in state law because we persuaded state officials our policy works both for academic freedom and accountability.

Finally, it has been suggested to me in the media that I let calls from state officials go to voicemail. I assume that silly suggestion was meant as a clever turn of a phrase, but I always found when you stop taking people’s calls, then they cease answering yours.

And that would be bad for the alma mater I love so much – especially after the last legislative session was the best we ever had.

John Sharp is Chancellor of the Texas A&M University System.

https://tinyurl.com/25czwgk3

From a review of a new documentary of about https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/aug/08/johnny-manziel-netflix-documentary-texas-a-and-m-college-football-nfl

image.png.4483505521142682e5eaa645e2334f32.png

Sports documentaries try to look back on controversial times with subjects who are in a much different place. But in Untold: Johnny Football, it’s clear their bad boy hero, after failing in his attempts at a pro football comeback, remains stuck in a tough place by the looks of his crosscountry living situation – back home with dad in Texas one minute, partying with douche bros at a big house in Arizona the next.

“A lot of people wonder, you know, ‘Why isn’t he doing anything?’” his younger sister Meri says. “He’s not in a place mentally to go out and do something right now.”

Ultimately, the tragedy of Johnny Football isn’t that he never lived up to his enormous potential. It’s that he’s still living in the past.

Edited by Chopper

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Didnt they do some kind of aggy accounting to be the "richer" school for one year around 2019?  Seems like I remember they made a debt an asset or similar.

Is that when they failed to report the Qatar money?

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Didnt they do some kind of aggy accounting to be the "richer" school for one year around 2019?  Seems like I remember they made a debt an asset or similar.

Yeah they labeled a shit ton of one-time donations as recurring revenue if I remember correctly.  Completely dishonestly of course.  Because they're lying bags of shit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Say what you want about Manziel, but holy shit he was fun to watch. So was Mike Evans on that team.

It would've been funnier if the greasy fuck wasn't so slippery.  He was like watching a greased pig.  But in this case, i wasn't rooting for the pig. 

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Yeah they labeled a shit ton of one-time donations as recurring revenue if I remember correctly.  Completely dishonestly of course.  Because they're lying bags of shit.

That was for their Athletic Department.  They took on the loans/debt, plus some donations for their stadium build and counted that as "Revenue" in order to claim to be the richest Athletic Department.

They also like to claim 100% of the PUF as part of their University assets and then claim to be the wealthiest university.  Which is ironic since if the PUF is excluded from endowments they have a fairly poor endowment where Texas has a fairly large one.   AND if Texas gets 2 of every 3 PUF dollars wouldn't they really be saying "We rich, but Texas WAY Richer!"

Of course both of these lies have been stated and repeated ad nauseam to the aggy faithful so of course that means it is fact per aggy logic and reason.  Facts, critical thinking, be damned!

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, ABSR said:

That was for their Athletic Department.  They took on the loans/debt, plus some donations for their stadium build and counted that as "Revenue" in order to claim to be the richest Athletic Department.

They also like to claim 100% of the PUF as part of their University assets and then claim to be the wealthiest university.  Which is ironic since if the PUF is excluded from endowments they have a fairly poor endowment where Texas has a fairly large one.   AND if Texas gets 2 of every 3 PUF dollars wouldn't they really be saying "We rich, but Texas WAY Richer!"

Of course both of these lies have been stated and repeated ad nauseam to the aggy faithful so of course that means it is fact per aggy logic and reason.  Facts, critical thinking, be damned!

Yup all of this.  Misclaiming 100% of the PUF as their endowment, and counting capital fundraising as "revenue" when it's not actually something that comes from normal business operations, are just two of the ways they lie to themselves and everyone else, to pretend they are the richest university of all time.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yup all of this.  Misclaiming 100% of the PUF as their endowment, and counting capital fundraising as "revenue" when it's not actually something that comes from normal business operations, are just two of the ways they lie to themselves and everyone else, to pretend they are the richest university of all time.

"The hell you say! Of course we're the richest, rootinest tootinest athletic department in these here United States! Tell 'em daddy!"

68aa6c74fc441f34caab136ee084cb92.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

John Sharp is Chancellor of the Texas A&M University System.
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, is he?

Hey now, Johnny did a stellar job distributing hurricane Harvey relief funds where they could do the most good! (Pure coincidence that happened to be white aggy owned construction companies who just happen to also donate a lot back to aggy)

So take back your slander this instant!

On 8/7/2023 at 10:47 PM, DFW Horn said:

I don't know where misguided aggy get this foolish notion.

Dumbasses

It comes from one report in one year a few years ago that they were the #1 revenue generating athletic department in the country (specifically for that year). This was in a year when donations went way up for their stadium renovation, they got a loan for the stadium, and they questionably counted a bunch of that as revenue, which pushed them to #1.

Ever since then, they "have more money than the sips" 🙄

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1