• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

13 hours ago, TexasMan said:

I was at that Hitler Rally undercover. He said that and the response was universal whooping and approval. Guess what also happened: the stack fell long before it was supposed to--and the crowd gasped because the fucking outhouse or whatever is on top is supposed to burn or it is a bad omen.  Seemingly, though, this was a fluke, like bad logs or something, and aggy felt no need to re-examine their design for the next year... 

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Without Johnson they'll beat Abilene Christian 13 - 5. Boom. Bowl eligibility. I don't see the problem with Jimbo. This is going well and I need aggies to start seeing this from my perspective.

I don't think a win vs. ACU counts toward bowl eligibility, does it?

If they lose to MSU and it comes down to the LSU game for eligibility, would Jimbo throw the game so he could take a longer winter vacation? It's not like it would be difficult to disguise throwing the game with his previous evidence of playcalling/in-game decisions.

Edited by Orange&White

4 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I don't think a win vs. ACU counts toward bowl eligibility, does it?

If they lose to MSU and it comes down to the LSU game for eligibility, would Jimbo throw the game so he could take a longer winter vacation? It's not like it would be difficult to disguise throwing the game with his previous evidence of playcalling/in-game decisions.

You get to count 1 per season.  So in the event an FBS team plays 2 of those cupcakes, maybe say if there was a cancellation and someone had to schedule a filler, you could only count 1 toward eligibility.  I seem to recall it happening before, but its rare.

• Hook 'Em 1

An hour of Luici misery.   The first thing that Luici says:  "Like all of our listeners and everybody who's been associated with Aggie football for any length of time, whether that be 2 years, 6 years, 12 years, 30 years, 50 years ---- you do become a little bit numb to the losses, and unfortunately it becomes routine."  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

An hour of Luici misery.   The first thing that Luici says:  "Like all of our listeners and everybody who's been associated with Aggie football for any length of time, whether that be 2 years, 6 years, 12 years, 30 years, 50 years ---- you do become a little bit numb to the losses, and unfortunately it becomes routine."  

He forgot one in the sequence

giphy.webp

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

That goes parallel with squeezin’ their numb nuts.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So Liucci is admitting that losing is the A&M way but will be back talking about about how they've always been great in time for the  next roller coaster ride.

And he literally can't go 5 minutes without mentioning Texas. "Yeah, we got our asses handed to us and were embarrassed on a national stage, but Kansas State going for it in overtime was inexcusable. Let's take some calls to talk about Klieman's error."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So Liucci is admitting that losing is the A&M way but will be back talking about how they've always been great in time for the next roller coaster ride.

Next August it will be about how awesome their new OL coach has those boys playing and that Wiggy is a Heisman contender in the JimBob offense.  This is a guarantee.  Oh, and the portal gains more than offset any portal losses.

The Legislature really needs to have an independent audit of aggy finances. It won't happen, but it should. 

Hey stupid sip, our financials are fine. We admit anyone even more than ACC. We will have the largest enrollment in the country and double the size of you sips. Whooooop!!

I've had broken/fractured ribs several times in my life, thankfully long after my playing days were long gone. I cannot imagine playing much less taking a big hit with stoved up ribs, nor imagine how strong the pain killers would have to be to accomplish that. The first time I tore up my ribs I was 38 years old and was already taking 10mg vicodin due to my accident(leg). They did not even touch the pain as far as my ribs went. It seems to me that anything strong enough to offset the pain of broken ribs would render you so impaired you wouldn't be able to play.

I had bruised ribs and breathing was a bitch. Can’t imagine functioning with broken ribs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Season 4 Al GIF by Sony Pictures Television

• Haha 7

I’m sorry, but was it known that these idiots were still running a bonfire each year? I had no idea and it blows my mind. 
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3404507/1#discussion
Pretty sure they only truly stopped for a couple years after the '99 fuckup and then started having "unofficial" (school officials are well aware and many attend) overgrown campfires every year since.
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Next August it will be about how awesome their new OL coach has those boys playing and that Wiggy is a Heisman contender in the JimBob offense.  This is a guarantee.  Oh, and the portal gains more than offset any portal losses.

No info here, just wanted to say that I will be blown away if Weigman returns next season. That would be one hell of a sales job because he's going to have a ton of options, with a lot of NIL, and some of those options will have proven OL coaches and OLs. 

• Hook 'Em 3

What a joke of a “pro” QB…..hasn’t played a full season, collected his $$$, been sitting and counting his money.  I think he’s afraid to play anymore.
He used his lack of size to duck hits in college. The one time he really got rocked by a safety (still at aggy) was right before he transferred to bloU. Guess he bought the aggy bullshit about the BDF being a softer league. NFL lines, linebackers and DB's will crush him if given the opportunity and he knows it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Without Johnson they'll beat Abilene Christian 13 - 5. Boom. Bowl eligibility. I don't see the problem with Jimbo. This is going well and I need aggies to start seeing this from my perspective.

ACU will be leading middle 4th qtr. dimbo will send in all the starters sitting out. They will be pissed, but pull out a victory.

whoop!

1 hour ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, closetojumping said:
I’m sorry, but was it known that these idiots were still running a bonfire each year? I had no idea and it blows my mind. 
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3404507/1#discussion

Pretty sure they only truly stopped for a couple years after the '99 fuckup and then started having "unofficial" (school officials are well aware and many attend) overgrown campfires every year since.

I live on the edge of the area claimed as "aggie-land" and have too many of the roaches in my family, so I've been aware of the event going on back to their exit from the big12. Did realize they kept it after that.

What I don't understand is why they would continue the tradition that is so focused on the annual UT game. As a child I attended a few and they were more so a Texas-hate rally than a pro-aggie pep-rally. They burned a longhorn in effigy at the top of the pile.

Have we continued the Hex Rally? IDK, but I sure as shit hope we don't.

...I had to wiki it before I posted:

"After UT's last game against Texas A&M in 2011, attendance quickly declined in following years until UT's athletic department finally discontinued participation in the event. The Texas Fight Rally, held the week before UT's annual game with the Oklahoma Sooners, remains as UT's primary annual football pep rally."

Edited by LonghornBreeder
Typos

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Ewok should have gone to MLB. Could play a lot longer. 

this is a fucking dumb take, and i see people post it all the time.

he earned $99m in his first 5 years as a NFL player (including this year)

his most recent contract, signed last year, guaranteed him 159m.

Kyler Murray signed a 5 year, $230,500,000 contract with the Arizona Cardinals, including a $29,035,000 signing bonus, $159,797,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $46,100,000. In 2023, Murray will earn a base salary of $2,000,000, a signing bonus of $36,000,000 and a workout bonus of $1,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $16,007,000 and a dead cap value of $97,528,000.

if they try to move on from him this year they will have 97m in dead cap. if they do next year they will have 81m in dead cap.

he made the absolute right decision to go play in the NFL.