Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

36 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Pretty shocking, but also misleading... comparing annual expense to his buyout isn't quite the same. Plus, I think Aggy only owes Fisher 25% of his remaining buy-out within the first 60 days of firing with the rest to be paid out over the course of his contract. Which is pretty fucking good mailbox money... 

goddamn, I thought child support was a drag on my budget…

• Haha 3

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I'm sure they'll make a run at Daboer and Lanning first. Daboer's current salary is <$5mm and Lanning is $6.6. Nothing crazy. But both will have big raises offered by their current school for sure. Just this past offseason, UW just made their OC one of the highest paid OCs in the country to keep him from going to A&M. Can't imagine they'll just sit back and let Daboer get bought away especially with that Big 10 money coming next year.

Daboer is also a lifelong NW/Midwest guy. From a personal standpoint, no way he'd prefer A&M and it'd be a big career gamble too.

Lanning doesn't really have Texas ties but may want back in the SEC. Cristobal just got poached from Oregon so it's possible (although he went home to Miami so that was more personal). Oregon isn't an easy place to recruit to either. I still think low odds he'd leave but more possible than Daboer.

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

Update?

Paraphrasing , he said big cigars not involved in buyout, 100% admin driven. Big cigars are tapped out after all the expansion expenses. He expects the donors to pony up for baseball field so this one is on the school. Feels like the sucking of the football program is due to uncertainty /turnover at the AD and president level. Said losing Ad to lsu was a big loss for jumbo. Compared stoops , saban (at lsu) and Mack to the Bermuda Triangle that ultimately doomed RC, felt like they were getting passed up. Didn’t want that to happen again. More or less what he said. Also said a lot of nothing , he’s a dork. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Paraphrasing , he said big cigars not involved in buyout, 100% admin driven. Big cigars are tapped out after all the expansion expenses. He expects the donors to pony up for baseball field so this one is on the school. Feels like the sucking of the football program is due to uncertainty /turnover at the AD and president level. Said losing Ad to lsu was a big loss for jumbo. Compared stoops , saban (at lsu) and Mack to the Bermuda Triangle that ultimately doomed RC, felt like they were getting passed up. Didn’t want that to happen again. More or less what he said. Also said a lot of nothing , he’s a dork. 

wait. the payout is coming from the university budget and not donations?

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I told you people that the buyout wasn’t that big a deal. 
40 or 50M up front for all of the buyouts and then the 8M a year is a rounding error in a 250M budget or wherever we get to with the Death Star sec money. 

sec payout is supposed to be $100m/team in 2028

50m upfront right now only works if aggy cigars are paying for it or sharpe is stealing from hurricane/emergencyprep funding

AUF payments are to be used for 2 purposes: 1) payment on PUF bonds and 2) AUF receipts are expended to fund a) excellence programs specifically at U. T. Austin, Texas A&M University and Prairie View A&M University and b) the administration of the university System

Wait until jimbo gets his first $8m payment then file the FOIA request for the bank account(s) used to pay Jimbo, as well as a forensic, complete accounting of the GL for every account and transaction, specifically deposits, in to those said account(s)

aggy will easily fuck this up and the requirement for subterfuge pertinacity and forecast in this endeavor is only available to aggy in a galaxy far, far away

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Candi Fisther said:

Ran into an assistant coaches wife in Denver Airport. Guy currently works for Colorado but was at A&M for a couple years and even at Texas before that. If you can figure out who that is, Kudos.

Anyways, she said Aggies already have Dan Lanning in the bag.

There it is!

3 minutes ago, Candi Fisther said:

Ran into an assistant coaches wife in Denver Airport. Guy currently works for Colorado but was at A&M for a couple years and even at Texas before that. If you can figure out who that is, Kudos.

Anyways, she said Aggies already have Dan Lanning in the bag.

Only if he hates Nike

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Getting caught up here, but I’d suggest that there’s a MNC head coach in the ACC that has tons of experience recruiting in Texas.  He’d be out there killing himself for the program. 

From my recollection, he has a damn good record coaching in games in which aggy plays. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1