Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

8 hours ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

They recorded one sack against ACU LOL

here is the single thing you need to know about A&M:

ACU created 4 sacks on 27 A&M passing plays and had a Havoc play on 22% of A&Ms passing plays.

A&M created 1 sack on 35 ACU passing plays

Steve Addazio should never work in College Football again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Per gerry it should be announced soon Fisch or Elko

Oh god, please let it be Fisch. He was born in NJ, went to school at Florida (never played college football), and has spent most of his career in the NFL. He's also 14-21 as a P5 head coach.  He's making $2.6M this year so I'm sure they could money whip him, but I'd think after 10 minutes in College Station he'd be desperately calling the Arizona AD to beg for his job back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Oh god, please let it be Fisch. He was born in NJ, went to school at Florida (never played college football), and has spent most of his career in the NFL. He's also 14-21 as a P5 head coach.  He's making $2.6M this year so I'm sure they could money whip him, but I'd think after 10 minutes in College Station he'd be desperately calling the Arizona AD to beg for his job back. 

Fisch grew up in a Jewish family in Livingston, New Jersey and attended Hanover Park High School in nearby East Hanover Township. Fisch did not play football at the high school or college level, but instead was an all-state tennis player during his prep career.

• Drool 1

25 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

aggy got to keep that Jersey recruiting pipeline open. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Bobby Burton speculating that it's Fisch.

Gerry said Fisch was on same staff with Durkin under Harbaugh at Michigan (2015).  

Rumors at aggy is coach will be announced no later than next week, and it's a Power 5 coach -- so Traylor is likely not their hire.  

Not surprised to see Fisch wanting to leave Zona with the University's financial crisis.

Would be funny for Michigan to steal Fisch from aggys -- not sure what the he'll Harbaugh will do next year.  🤔

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Gerry said Fisch was on same staff with Durkin under Harbaugh at Michigan (2015).  

Rumors at aggy is coach will be announced no later than next week, and it's a Power 5 coach -- so Traylor is likely not their hire.  

Jed Fisch isn't taking the aggy job. He's turning Arizona around. I'd rather live in Tucson over aggyland 

9 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Jed Fisch isn't taking the aggy job. He's turning Arizona around. I'd rather live in Tucson over aggyland 

Maybe so, but with the Pac implosion and Arizona's budget crisis, I would imagine anyone who can get a job anywhere else will bail.

• Hook 'Em 2

Not surprised to see Fisch wanting to leave Zona with the University's financial crisis.
Would be funny for Michigan to steal Fisch from aggys -- not sure what the he'll Harbaugh will do next year. 

TyAnthony Smith wanted Durkin retained right? Is Gerry insinuating that Fisch would hire Durkin?

1 minute ago, nycHorn said:

TyAnthony Smith wanted Durkin retained right? Is Gerry insinuating that Fisch would hire Durkin?

Rumor is New coach to keep most of current defensive staff... and new coach is currently a Power Five coach.

So Elko, Fisch, or player to be named later...

17 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

This is the recruiting equivalent of caring about an education.  Recruits don't give a shit about it, and coaches don't give a shit where they live when you triple their salary.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

This is the recruiting equivalent of caring about an education.  Recruits don't give a shit about it, and coaches don't give a shit where they live when you triple their salary.

Have you been to College Station?  If my organization told me they wanted me to move to CS and triple my (rather meager) salary, I would say hell to the no.  I suppose if multiple millions are in play for a coach, eh, maybe?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

https://apple.news/Ani2K-Gp6Qcy0bK-GqhtYeg

Article making fun of Bjork and a&m 

IMG_4941.jpeg

First Bjork tried to speak with Detroit Lions head coach Dan Campbell about the gig. And, never mind the fact that Campbell played his college ball at Texas A&M before spending a decade in the NFL, coaches simply don’t leave young Super Bowl contenders for a mid-tier SEC job.

Bjork is now leading his first real coaching search for a college football program at any level. There are no looming NCAA punishments to hold him back. No shortage of money to spend on his guy. No extenuating circumstances. Just the ego of a fanbase who believes they should be competing to national titles every year.

Which means all the pressure is on Bjork to nail this. Comments like his “8-4” jab will only make it harder on himself.

All of which is to say, in the new era of the SEC, where Texas A&M will have to contend with Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Tennessee and Ole Miss, the Aggies could do a lot worse than routinely going 8-4.

Bjork should know, since that’s been the average record at Texas A&M for 12 years now.

Edited by TKthunder2

35 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Arizona is the only Pac-12 school that never won the conference.  Tucson's great and all, but that's a really shitty job for being P5.  It's basically KU with saguaros, with basketball being more important than football.

Someone print the FISCH CAMP T-shirts!

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Arizona is the only Pac-12 school that never won the conference.  Tucson's great and all, but that's a really shitty job for being P5.  

Unlike aggy, the Arizona students and staff actually are demanding to know why the athletics department got a big chunk of that quarter billion dollars that disappeared.  Fisch wants to get out before being thrown out.

• Hook 'Em 2

Mainly as an Arizona football supporter, I don't wanna see us lose Fisch to aggy. God that'd be a hard pill to swallow. I wouldn't mind him going anywhere else as long as it's not aggy or ASU. Also, he's turned the program around and UofA is having their best season since 2014 when they had a 10 win season, made the Pac 12 title game and the Fiesta Bowl. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

If Fisch does take it, he won't last long. 

His history would suggest so.  But he's probably a better coach than Jimbo and will have the same or better talent than he has now.  The problem is going to be the culture shock when discipline is required of those players.  That might be kinda rough for a while.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Announcement next Wed by latest. (Gerry)

Rumor is that the New Coach will be keeping most of current defensive staff in hopes of retaining the "stacked" defensive roster per Bobby Burton.  

Pretty sure I saw that the Fisch buyout drops by $1MM on 12/1 so if they plan to announce by Weds probably not him.  Unless Aggy is so careless with money they think it's worth $1MM to gain less than a week.  I still think it's Elko but could see Fisch as well.  Either would definitely take the job IMO.   Obviously the fact that Michigan might come open is really the only thing that muddies the waters.

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Arizona is the only Pac-12 school that never won the conference.  Tucson's great and all, but that's a really shitty job for being P5.  It's basically KU with saguaros, with basketball being more important than football.

This is truth. I was there after Lute Olson left the BBall program and they were going through some mediocre seasons. The student section at BBall games was still as large or larger than FBall games at UofA.

The KU comparison is a good one. They are a BBall school/culture with the potential to have a generational 10-win FBall season.

If Fisch can jump off that spring board now, he needs to do it. Not sure if y'all have heard about the $$$ troubles they're having there too. He ain't getting much support for the FBall program (and certainly no raises) anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Pretty sure I saw that the Fisch buyout drops by $1MM on 12/1 so if they plan to announce by Weds probably not him.  Unless Aggy is so careless with money they think it's worth $1MM to gain less than a week.  I still think it's Elko but could see Fisch as well.  Either would definitely take the job IMO.   Obviously the fact that Michigan might come open is really the only thing that muddies the waters.

Assuming Fisch is aggy's choice...

If Fisch schedules the PC for Fri Dec 1st, will Fisch be willing to wait to sign his new aggy contract until Friday ??? 

Will aggy take the risk of leaking the hire on Wednesday without a signed contract??? 

24 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Assuming Fisch is aggy's choice...

If Fisch schedules the PC for Fri Dec 1st, will Fisch be willing to wait to sign his new aggy contract until Friday ??? 

Will aggy take the risk of leaking the hire on Wednesday without a signed contract??? 

Would be interesting to read the contract but I think it would be absolutely idiotic by Aggy to put out any public statement to the effect (or even leak) that an agreement was reached (with anyone) if trying to hire a coach with a reduced buyout.  An oral agreement can be binding if supported by evidence so better safe than sorry.    But knowing Aggy, they would probably fuck that up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Would be interesting to read the contract but I think it would be absolutely idiotic by Aggy to put out any public statement to the effect (or even leak) that an agreement was reached (with anyone) if trying to hire a coach with a reduced buyout.  An oral agreement can be binding if supported by evidence so better safe than sorry.    But knowing Aggy, they would probably fuck that up.

There’s also the small problem of intentional interference with contractual relations. Zona will have at least a colorable $1mm claim against aggy if they announce before the buyout drops. Fisch as the co-defendant. And given Zona’s money problems, I’d counsel them to make the claim, even if they settle for only half that.