• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

I’m sure this has been covered but things moving fast as I’m at DFW to get my son on plane back to school. But a buddy said he heard Stoops went so far as to fly to aggyville but was told when he landed the job wasn’t his?!?! Please tell me this is true.

I think that’s what happened on our Stoops hire. 

43 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Funny thing is, Stoops was probably about as good of a hire as they were going to realistically get at this point in time. The fact that they lack sufficient self-awareness to see that makes this debacle all the more entertaining. They still think Saban is just going to kill himself if he doesn’t get a contract offer from them, and it’s pretty damn hilarious to watch as it unfolds.

Their lack of self awareness dooms them to constantly do the wrong thing for the wrong reason.

Too delicious.

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Which makes one ask….why would he agree to go to aggy?
Seriously, if you are a coach on the rise, why go to aggy, where coaching careers go to die? Yeah, yeah, money. And I guess if he got some sort of insane deal like 7 yrs at $10 million guaranteed, I get it. But other jobs will open up this season and next….and most of them are better than aggy.

Who exactly is beating down Elko's door at this point other than aggy? You can bet he's also fleeced them on the contract after the last 48 hours.

35 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah this is the only real reporter saying anything that actually happened and it doesn’t sound like this is a done deal by any means. 

Looch posting what he did cinches it for me. Elko will be the next aggy corch.

I think it was a good hire for them. One they could have made yesterday with ease. He “gets” them. He was doing well at Duke. Riley Leonard got injured. You do what you can at a place like that (BB school) without a lot of depth. He built something quick and yes a bigger size sample would be nice but aggy fell off a cliff after he left. He seems like he’d have felt out of place at Duke. He’s a big boy. I’m sure he got a little extra for the side shitshow but hey, it’s them. They could fuck up a ham sandwich. He’ll still eat the sandwich. 

• Like 1