• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

54 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I can't wait to see all of these smart "incentives" in Elko's contract as Bjork alluded.

Participate in all pregame coin tosses = $1.3 million

Arrive in the office by 10:30 a.m. sharp Tuesday through Thursday = $1.8 million

Complete five passes in each game = $1.5 million

Conduct spring practice = $2 million

Travel to a Saturday road game on Friday instead of Thursday. $70 Million guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Liucci on Finnbaum. 

In true aggie fashion, they are doing a pep rally FOR AN HOUR before the press conference.. I for one hope to see the entire aggy band playing at full throat while walking two steps behind Elko to the podium. Who does a pep rally in college? FFS

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So Elko told Duke officials and Blue Devils' players that he'd been offered the aggy job last night but hadn't accepted yesterday? He said a decision would be made within 24 hours? At some point, Elko boarded a private jet with Ross Bjork bound for aggyland? Didn't tell anyone? Then set up a Zoom call to break the news to Duke officials and players?

Is that how this went down last yesterday? Anybody seen contract details?

• Prepare your anus 2

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

So Elko told Duke officials and Blue Devils' players that he'd been offered the aggy job last night but hadn't accepted yesterday? He said a decision would be made within 24 hours? At some point, Elko boarded a private jet with Ross Bjork bound for aggyland? Didn't tell anyone? Then set up a Zoom call to break the news to Duke officials and players?

Is that how this went down last yesterday? Anybody seen contract details?

This is correct. No contract details yet.

Just now, Vertigo said:

In true aggie fashion, they are doing a pep rally FOR AN HOUR before the press conference.. I for one hope to see the entire aggy band playing at full throat while walking two steps behind Elko to the podium. Who does a pep rally in college? FFS

They can't NOT do it. There are bound to be some embarrassing videos and photos that emerge.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They keep talking about national championships. Ha

Well, they really have no choice but to talk about them. They certainly aren't competing for them.

Wait... "The worm has turned!" or is it "Hold the rope!" or "Get your licks in while you can!" or "We run this state!" or...?

• Haha 1

Elko is a duck in water. For whatever reason he totally loves it. That’s like, legit the best they can hope for.

Also, Liucci said that with Stoops, aggy “jilted” him at the altar (my words not his) and got cold feet based on the “visceral reaction of the aggy fan base which was unexpected—something Liucci hadn’t seen in 25 years—that strong of a reaction. Said not happy with how it was handled (dumping him at the tarmac.) bizarre. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Liucci said that with Stoops, aggy “jilted” him at the altar (my words not his) and got cold feet based on the “visceral reaction of the aggy fan base which was unexpected—something Liucci hadn’t seen in 25 years—that strong of a reaction. Said not happy with how it was handled (dumping him at the tarmac.) bizarre. 

But it was apparent by the way Liucci and Zwerneman put it out there that they wanted the fans to blow it up. Exactly like the Texas to SEC story. He got what he wanted.

• Hook 'Em 1

Liucci repeated the list: (his order not mine) Elko (ofcourse), DeBoer (wouldn’t engage at all—too busy), Lanning would be a good fit he said but they didn’t approach (probably because of what happened with DeBoer), Traylor (interviewed and was high on list as a candidate) as was Leopold (Kansas—he got a hard look) and threw in Fisch (but said nothing about approaching just mentioned) and then Stoops. So we kinda know the true order based on What Liucci just said. I am paraphrasing best I can what he said and order in which he said their names. 

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

But it was apparent by the way Liucci and Zwerneman put it out there that they wanted the fans to blow it up. Exactly like the Texas to SEC story. He got what he wanted.

WOW. That’s just shitastic! I mean…the treatment of the whole deal was just so last minute assclownage. Guess he’s flexing some power there. If true. 

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

It would take some digging but Duke was 3-9 in David Cutcliffe's last season in 2021. Elko's first Duke team was 9-4, so a six-win improvement. I'm going to go out on a limb and say, yeah, that ain't the biggest one-year turnaround for a first-year coach of all time.

Hell, last year Sonny Freaking Dykes took quiet-quitting Gary’s 5-7 TCU team to 13-2, featuring an undefeated regular season and a CFP semifinal win (something OUsux never did) over Michigan, before crashing and burning in the CFP final. 
How does 8 wins strike you?

6 minutes ago, tx ind said:

They should have run a fucking poll (they are the champions of internet polls) on Texags and saved themselves a bunch of time.

There’s more shit there. We will have to wait for the eventually Texas Monthly article and Bum Steer awards to find out what/how it all went down.