Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 12/3/2023 at 1:42 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Love this quote from texags:

Well, yeah.  You're a bunch of fucking weirdos who never, ever accomplished anything of value.  Why would you get the benefit of the doubt?

Hell, you built a COMPETITION SWIMMING POOL that was shorter than regulation, negating any records set within.  You literally built a stairway to nowhere on campus.  You almost asphyxiated onlookers when you blew up the tackle box football stadium.  You DID kill 12 people when your Lincoln Logs stack fell down.  You devoted research money to developing maroon carrots.  You can't win anything of consequence in football, basketball, or baseball.  Why in the blue hell would the media give you any credit at all?

The last 3 days have been like … un f*cking believable!!!

I feel like it’s 1975, flu & strep throat, missed a whole week of classes, thermodynamics prof told me to drop his class, you’ll never catch up. Couldn’t do that or I’d lose my scholarship. “Buckle up, Dorothy, you can do it. Make us proud!”

So glad for all your posts and stoked that I went back to get caught up. 

The best part of getting old is I can go back and read this every month, and it’s like …

image.thumb.jpeg.cd63a29fb63d93f24eaff4cd7ff5668e.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

36 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 12/3/2023 at 7:27 AM, markstanco said:

No way in hell will aggy be allowed by Sankey to play OSU.

Slive was the one that protected aggy in the past, not Sankey. Since we will be there next year there's no reason to throw them a bone.

Have you seen their schedule next year? They already threw them a bone.

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Message board posts mean nothing, but I'm laughing that some on TexAgs want to decline the Texas Bowl. Coaching moves and the transfer portal creates problems for many teams but they find a way to make it work. And while I understand why Elko doesn't want to coach the bowl game, there isn't a reason why he can't. Coaches jump into all star games or exhibition all the time. It definitely makes it less likely you will win when the coach doesn't know the players and vice versa, it doesn't mean that the new coach can't be on the sidelines.

Tell him he is the 12th man. He has to lead by example.  Whoop! 

• Haha 1

Ok I have been a proponent of firing coaches the minute it is obvious they need to be fired. I thought we should have fired Strong right after Kansas in 2016 and Herman right after he blew it against TCU and OU in 2020. But seeing how A&M has a bowl bid with nobody to coach the team and all the players quitting, I am now rethinking my position. Probably should have let Jimbo coach out the string.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3429267

image.thumb.png.2844c1666b2f61d88eaaeef3b3b32970.png

Unfortunately for the gomers had they stayed in the B12 they would have gone undefeated but checks notes...... still finished behind Notre Dame & Alabama who were both undefeated that year.

LULZ

It’s really worked out for him and his…9 catches or whatever the fuck over the last 2 seasons. 

1 hour ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, ABSR said:
They do it two stupid ways.
One is the one year you referenced where they borrowed (took out loan or bond) to pay for their stadium renovations.  They claimed this $400M as Revenue in their aggy math P&L, and so claimed to the world that they were the richest based on this.  Of course this has nothing to do with revenue and is a balance sheet addition for cash/loan in and an outstanding obligation for the same.  But of course...aggy.
Second is where they claim 100% of the PUF as aggy endowment (not the 1/3 that is flowed to A&M system), usually closely followed by saying that makes them richer than Texas who only reports 2/3 of the PUF as endowment as that is what goes to the UT system.   So their logic has them claim 100% of what should be 1/3, and when Texas rightly claims 2/3 they brag about how much richer they are than Texas.  
Of course ignoring this if we look at aggy endowment outside of the PUF is around $2.5B and Texas' is $13B.
But aggy richer and biggest and bestest of everyone.

Randy, is that you?

I’m 7,000 words short of RD territory.  But compliment-ish accepted.

35 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok I have been a proponent of firing coaches the minute it is obvious they need to be fired. I thought we should have fired Strong right after Kansas in 2016 and Herman right after he blew it against TCU and OU in 2020. But seeing how A&M has a bowl bid with nobody to coach the team and all the players quitting, I am now rethinking my position. Probably should have let Jimbo coach out the string.

But Elko would have been scooped up by Houston.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Aggie Fish camp online. Editing tip; it's always best to make sure the horizon line is leveled in the camera prior to shooting, so it doesn't look look like people are walking in an "anti-gravity room." 

The janitors walking in the background at the beginning looking at the camera looks exactly like that futurama episode where they are filming the silent movie:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

But then they couldn't have beaten the market to... Mike Elko?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

The only time I have watched A&M since 2011 was the closing minutes of their win over Bama in 2012. They just haven't done anything worth watching besides that.

I mostly only see aggy games if I am somewhere that it is one of the games on. Have managed several good schadenfreude moments this way over the years like their return to T Town in 2014.

The one game I am sad I missed was App State my biker trash fam had planned to meet up at the Range in Austin with everyone bringing all their firepower for a joint birthday celebration. By the time we checked out I pulled out my phone and started laughing hysterically like Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight which of course weirded everyone out as they don't care about sports so they did not understand. 

Edited by Pimphand
  • Haha 3

On 12/3/2023 at 9:37 PM, Beau Vine said:

Do I have this right?

aggy D-coordinator WHO THE NEW COACH HAD TO KEEP decided that he'd rather be the D-coordinator at fucking SYRACUSE?????

And their best D player portaled and another D-line recruit decommitted?  

And this all happened while Texas is making the playoffs?

I feel like I'm hallucinating...

They weren’t going to make ERob the DC. Elks tried to bring Santucci with him to Aggy but he decided instead to stay at Duke. They were going to make Robinson “the highest paid position coach in the country” at $2m. He turned them down. 

Wouldn't be surprised that when a yell leader can no longer perform (looking at you, Bill) they have some sort of "tradition" wherein they burn you on a pile of logs, or bury you alive with the dead dogs, or collapse a pile of logs on you in solidarity

Maybe they send them to work the glory holes around campus.

Funny thing is, would they have made a bowl game with Jimbo? I don’t recall their record at the time.

10 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I couldn’t start watching this…it is too bad.

It's so poorly put together, shot, edited and "acted" that when you combine it with the content it really did feel like a David Lynch comical treatment of Aggie. I truly had tears rolling due to how bizarrely amusing it was.. no need for sound. View it as a Surealist film of a real culture.

• Hook 'Em 2