• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 minutes ago, Jasper_Jester said:

Which stage of grief is "spend all day coming up with new rules for NIL that seek to punish players who portal from A&M?" 

That is where they seem to be right now.

For those of you not paying for the $9.95 board this might clear things up some.  

pubechinsbegging.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, TOR said:

For those of you not paying for the $9.95 board this might clear things up some.  

pubechinsbegging.jpeg

It was indeed gross when they started doing that in the 1930s or whatever (hell...1890s?)

Just now they can do it openly. Do these dudes think the 1980s A&M teams were full of people willing to ruin their bodies for old Ag U?

In case anyone was wondering how this is going🤔….

1. aggy engineers with 4.0s can’t get jobs

2. Job fairs, which are held at the Hall o (Meat Judging) Champion(s) because it is one the the largest empty spaces (you can’t even make this crap up🤣) are so overrun by students they had to call the fire marshal to limit capacity and is taking some over 2 hours to get in (if this is perplexing to some as to how this could happen, see #1 above🤣)

3. There is much hate for the 25/25 by parents and students

OR

…just like anyone with a pulse would have expected except the aggy “brain” trust

Man the state needs to step in and clean house at that place!IMG_0149.thumb.jpeg.056b002900c19c5ddb67651a908a0231.jpeg

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Nope.  All about “those guys were a disappointment across the board. Better to let Elko and Klein get their own guys than waste money on all these guys who really weren’t that great.  Although they were still the greatest class ever assembled and the only reason they’re leaving is that powerless and unimportant little brother tu controls everything and has slanted the playing field.”

image.png.ea684257f1ae7b3161eda404756e8bbe.png

First half

image.thumb.jpeg.dbb2baa13fa0ea52443530cc41161964.jpeg

Second half

Edited by Liquor and Poker
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

In case anyone was wondering how this is going🤔….

1. aggy engineers with 4.0s can’t get jobs

2. Job fairs, which are held at the Hall o (Meat Judging) Champion(s) because it is one the the largest empty spaces (you can’t even make this crap up🤣) are so overrun by students they had to call the fire marshal to limit capacity and is taking some over 2 hours to get in (if this is perplexing to some as to how this could happen, see #1 above🤣)

3. There is much hate for the 25/25 by parents and students

OR

…just like anyone with a pulse would have expected except the aggy “brain” trust

Man the state needs to step in and clean house at that place!IMG_0149.thumb.jpeg.056b002900c19c5ddb67651a908a0231.jpeg

25k more chances to over-engineer every fucking thing? Great. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Until WWII, reserve officers (non-academy) were generally regarded with contempt, regardless of their "origin."

Of course, that was utter silliness, as proven by WWII, which could not have been won without reserve officers.

But yeah, reserve officers come from all over the place.  Even 100% military schools like The Citadel and VMI are ROTC programs.

Point of order... most graduates of ROTC programs receive active commissions, not reserve.  The "reserve" in the name is a vestigial carryover from days past.  

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Man I've been really swamped at work and haven't been able to keep up with things. Is anything going on with the Aggies? 

Same I just looked at the texaggy 2024 TP thread and it looks like they are holding pretty steady at 12 players in the portal which I think was the number yesterday.  Also this thread hasn't grown out of control so it seems they have controlled the histrionics in the short term.

47 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Is that Michael Bishop in that video?  He was a bad MFer.

You talking about Ron Prince or did I miss something?

29 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Same I just looked at the texaggy 2024 TP thread and it looks like they are holding pretty steady at 12 players in the portal which I think was the number yesterday.  Also this thread hasn't grown out of control so it seems they have controlled the histrionics in the short term.

You talking about Ron Prince or did I miss something?

No, it was the black dude at the end of the video

On 12/6/2023 at 9:11 PM, TreatyOak said:

This is going to be serious post from me, for once. 

Guys, I'll admit it. I'm really, really scared of Texas A&M.
They've already surpassed us in baseball and basketball and now they're getting ready to surpass us in football.

Tex-Ags-Gold-Baseball.jpg

It's not enough that they have have the most passionate and most welcoming fans in college football. You can read about it from all the visiting fans. Add in that they have the most unique and passionate traditions of any school ANYWHERE! 

How much do they want to win? Well, they paid and landed the TOP RECRUITING CLASS OF ALL TIME. Heck, they paid a championship-level coach $78 MILLION JUST TO STOP COACHING AND HE WASN'T EVEN THAT GOOD! That's a commitment to excellence that no one has ever heard of before!

Aggies-NY-TIMES.jpg

Unlike Texas, they're SEC ready and have been so for the LAST 11 YEARS. They controlled a much better Bama team then we faced, and SHOULD have won that game. They understand what it takes to win in the SEC. We don't.

And now, they have an extraordinary coach who GETS THEM! We are officially screwed!!! 

Like the rest of college football fans, I am scared and don't feel safe. Can anyone suggest what I can do, cause this is frightening. 

image.png.b5246c8712ee28ff620a144cc5721cb3.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2023 at 1:16 PM, markstanco said:

Typical aggy:  https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3429786

MagnumLoad12:37p
He got abused this year

barnag12:40p
He was so so bad this year. How does someone like that get All American? Is it because not many freshman are playing so there's a more limited pool to choose from?

So, a true freshman playing tackle that gave up 4 sacks in 315 pass blocking snaps sucks.  I guess if it was 3 he would be good?  

No idea how his run blocking was, their run game was middle of the road I think. 

Spoiler

... yes... very few Fr play OL and when they do, they usually don't look very good.

So apparently the regarded morons haven't met our left tackle...Mr. Banks?

Edited by SHOOTER12

On 12/3/2023 at 11:13 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Don’t wait too long to do it.  A lot of us waiting too long with Bud Adams and it’s no fun punching a skull with dried flesh and weird-ass hair.

Next time I go to Houston I'm tracking down that motherfuckers grave.  I can't punch him in the face, but I can sure as hell piss on his headstone.

20 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I’m 50+ and have attended aggy home games over the decades, some involving Texas, and others like LSU and Arkansas, prior to Jerry World. As a military veteran, they do provide “pageantry” because their military-based music hasn’t changed since before my time. I do enjoy their halftime show of military marching, as that’s difficult to do, but decades ago I realized that not all members were actually playing their instruments, just a body to help fill the field/band.

Nope, I was in band in junior high.  My band director gives us the Aggy War Hymn and has us marching around like Aggy.  I protested and he's like, "This is the only Texas college that has simple enough music and marching that junior high kids just learning to play can do it."  Looking at it objectively, they are lying when they say it's hard.  Now, from their point of view, maybe they are dumb enough that it is hard for them, but it ain't hard.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Next time I go to Houston I'm tracking down that motherfuckers grave.  I can't punch him in the face, but I can sure as hell piss on his headstone.

Nope, I was in band in junior high.  My band director gives us the Aggy War Hymn and has us marching around like Aggy.  I protested and he's like, "This is the only Texas college that has simple enough music and marching that junior high kids just learning to play can do it."  Looking at it objectively, they are lying when they say it's hard.  Now, from their point of view, maybe they are dumb enough that it is hard for them, but it ain't hard.

Yep. The military marching style is the absolute easiest kind there is. And, moreover, the aggy band plays the exact same show every week, year in and year out.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, Jasper_Jester said:

Which stage of grief is "spend all day coming up with new rules for NIL that seek to punish players who portal from A&M?" 

That is where they seem to be right now.

It's almost like the 2022 kids got bags of cash that Aggy got no ROI on and are pissed off rather than having actual NIL deals that no longer need to be paid out if a kid leaves the university.

48 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Same explanation at my junior high in 1980. 

• Hook 'Em 2

So true, as the half time show hasn’t changed since I was a toddler. I’m 50+ now and same halftime!

Hook’em!!!

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Yep. The military marching style is the absolute easiest kind there is. And, moreover, the aggy band plays the exact same show every week, year in and year out.

Yup. I grudgingly admit it can look impressive. But it ain't hard.

• Hook 'Em 1