• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

21 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Billy Gillespie, who I used to know many years ago, was/is a drunk who could not get away from his demons.

At some point in his life, he begin to let his ego get the best of him and never dealt with his issues. He got a DWI at UTEP and then got hired at A&M. He didn't suffer any consequences and never checked himself. He proceeded to wreck himself. Honestly, he was a very nice guy years ago. Personal and not overly arrogant for a coach. He just bought too much into the praise people heaped upon him.

Wait, I think I saw this movie back in the 80's.  

image.thumb.png.01b9a694a389280feecd876f7dc6bbde.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Bjork is kinda hot

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Shirley you jest.

Shhhh, Shhhh
It's, oh, so quiet
Shhhh Shhhh
It's, oh, so still
Shhhh Shhhh
You're all alone
Shhh Shhh
And so peaceful until...

You fall in love
  • Haha 1

Yes Ted, the applicants are seeking assistance to the “real” military academies, NOT Fng CosPlay! People don’t need to get a letter of recommendation to attend aggy!

As a veteran, those officers that attended the Citadel or VMI, carried more “weight” than a glorified ROTC aggy. Just saying.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

I’ve already heard an aggy at work stating their #1 Transfer Portal class! God I wanted to burst his bubble by telling him that they omitted the “quality percentages” let alone what they lost vs gained! The hive-mind only looks at quantity and not quality!

We’re in the Top 10, with 5-7 portals, as this grading, but they have like 20+? I know, it’s the Elk doing his magic!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

I love how they go for every shiny new object like they have ADHD, first they got the GOAT class, they are going to win the Natty with 5 stars you see (even if it was all on the DL) then they ran all of those players away, they need bodies so they offered every tom dick and harry a landing spot just so they can get the best transfer portal class of a  random year, they will win with 3 stars now the 5s are all mercenaries (funny how they are not everywhere else), they are making the playoffs next year with sooo much depth.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I’ve already heard an aggy at work stating their #1 Transfer Portal class! God I wanted to burst his bubble by telling him that they omitted the “quality percentages” let alone what they lost vs gained! The hive-mind only looks at quantity and not quality!

We’re in the Top 10, with 5-7 portals, as this grading, but they have like 20+? I know, it’s the Elk doing his magic!

Hook’em!!!

Ask him about that “#1 all time” recruiting class 🤣🤪😱 Worked out pretty well for Jimbo from what I remember.

38 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

You should ask  him if that's the same recruiting site that ranked UT's overall class (recruit+transfers) as 2nd in the country. Because if it is, you could offer to lookup what aggy's ranking is. 

You should ask  him if that's the same recruiting site that ranked UT's overall class (recruit+transfers) as 2nd in the country. Because if it is, you could offer to lookup what aggy's ranking is. 

Actually, you should tell him to bring you some fucking coffee…,slightly sweetened with agave nectar
  • Haha 3

History began with The Elk era, clearly.  There was no Jimbo, they did not give themselves a fake national championship trophy, their Greatest Recruiting Class EVAR! did not transfer out.  

The sleeping giant is once again stirring, it only SOUNDS like a rollercoaster.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, TOR said:

History began with The Elk era, clearly.  There was no Jimbo, they did not give themselves a fake national championship trophy, their Greatest Recruiting Class EVAR! did not transfer out.  

The sleeping giant is once again stirring, it only SOUNDS like a rollercoaster.

image.png.86ad3db6f6574f99fd75e9a1a99dce23.png

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, is partnering with Texas A&M University’s Corps of Cadets to give military service academy applicants an alternative path for admission into the Corps.

Under the new partnership, those who apply for admission into a service academy through Cruz’s office can now have his office share their information with Corps officials at A&M as an alternative way to pursue a military career. Cruz said Thursday his office receives hundreds of applications each year from Texas students who seek an appointment to attend one of the nation’s military service academies, but nominations are not given to every eligible applicant.

“I am proud to play a role in opening a fantastic avenue to the many bright, ambitious young students with the courage and drive to serve our nation,” Cruz said in a statement. “This program has a storied history and proven track record of producing skilled, qualified service members. Joining the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets is an incredible opportunity, and I am excited that we are going to provide it to so many fine young men and women from the Lone Star State.”

Sooo, if you can’t into one of the military service academies, you can get in the aggy corps.  Great backup plan.  They’ll take anyone.

What's funny here is that Aggy will actually be excited about this... when in fact it's just Ted Cruz using their ego to solve his problem... Lol... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While I completely applaud young men and women looking to attend service academies knowing their commitment both during school and after graduation...this reminds me of 'Moneyball' when Billy says "There are rich teams, there are poor teams, then there's 50 feet of crap...and then there's us." 

The effort to describe the massive gap between Annapolis/USAFA/West Point/USCGA/USMMA and the Aggie Corps of Cadets isn't worth the paper the dumb fucking press release was printed on.  

If you want to make a difference in the lives of these young people who aren't accepted (and no shame in not being accepted, it's beyond selectively elite).....do something impactful and help them afford a place like VMI, Citadel, et. al.  Or have someone in your office who knows the system get them the best grant/loan package together and get them onto a public university with an ROTC program in Texas.  

All this does is basically point out the obvious difference:

Please select from the follow options:

1.  Fill out all this stuff in triplicate, interview with the Senator's office for an academy nomination, file all these letters of recommendation, bust your ass, work an extra job to afford the trip to a field office for the Senator, work another job to afford a new business formal outfit for said interview, and then wait in agony for weeks and months to get an answer instead of enjoying your last semester of high school.  

-or-

2.  Go to tamu.edu and press the icon that says, "Click Here to Enroll."  And don't worry about the "I'm not a robot box", they're all robots there.  

This is beyond a worthless gesture.  It's like being bumped from Diamond Medallion status and then some dipshit offering you a jump seat on Spirit Airlines and claiming they're the hero.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

They should create an ROTC transfer portal each year. Let the good ones with a 3.5+ GPA transfer out to Westpoint or wherever, and let them swap back all the >2.5 GPAs on their end. It would be like a D1/D2 feeder system, but for military academies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

They should create an ROTC transfer portal each year. Let the good ones with a 3.5+ GPA transfer out to Westpoint or wherever, and let them swap back all the >2.5 GPAs on their end. It would be like a D1/D2 feeder system, but for military academies. 

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but that's actually a decent idea worth looking into.  There are some unbelievably impressive ROTC students at UT that I interact with and while I'm thankful they're Longhorns, sometimes I think "How in the world are you not at the USNA?  You're half my age, twice as smart, and I'd follow you across the Atlantic without hesitation."  I don't know how the other end would work with having lower-performing students from the academies to other ROTC publics, attritional maths don't work like that but some folks learn they aren't a good fit for the academies, doesn't make them less than, just maybe pursue other options.  But it speaks to the point of the idiocracy of this suggestion. 

If West Point or USCGA isn't within reach for you, maybe this public ivy with ROTC over here and we'll help you get any other financial assistance you may need.  That's a valid proposal, not "Oh, you can't go to Colorado Springs and fly jets, so how about this pretend itchy outfit and you can play the clarinet at football games in the armpit of Texas."  Like, "If you can't fuck Alexandra Daddario, perhaps this second runner-up from America's Biggest Loser may be of interest to you?"  No dipshit, just get me a solid 8 with long legs and a nice ass and we're fine.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1