• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

7 hours ago, YGIFS said:

That was a weird move when they put up those billboards in Gainesville, even for Aggie.  

I'm sure we'll start seeing more and more of their propaganda pieces around Austin once we officially join the SEC.  You know, non-stop marketing...that thing you do when you already think you're the biggest brand in Texas...supposedly.

Reminds of me of that sneaker commercial years ago with Adidas and Puma being right across the way from one another.  But in this case, UT is Adidas-the global standard and A&M, like Puma, are Nazis. 

SydneyCarton was the one responsible for that billboard.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, utee94 said:

I'd prefer not to do anything at all to mark it or celebrate it, but that's not the way these things work.  Regardless, I'm certain that ours will be an about a million times less cringey than what they did.

Will we be whooping or doing the “Whisper Chant?” If not, we’re probably good. 

And the first quote:

dm44time
9h ago

First, no disrespect towards the University of Arkansas. This is just directed towards the author of this article. When you use the word "cult" in reference to a school's cheers, or chants as you like to call them, you undermine your credibility. Every school has certain group cheers, and traditions. Certainly the Hog Call is an example of this. Now as for inferring from rumors, that Texas A&M would want to leave the SEC due to some form of jealousy or envy of the University of Texas, again this is an old narrative that show's lack of creativity in writing, and any insight on the matter of a possible re-alignment that has Texas A&M moving to the Big 10.
I am a fan of the SEC. It's a great conference. But so is the Big Ten. And if your state has more than one world class university, it would actually make more sense to have each school separated into the two big time athletic conferences. College Football is a business. In business, you want to have your product available in as many markets as possible. This is about what benefits the state of Texas. And it's about establishing connections from the state of Texas, to as many young people as possible. And having both of our world class universities distributed into each of these different areas of the country benefits the state of Texas as a whole.

• Haha 3

Yeah I saw the billboard.  I just didn’t get the connection to Sydney carton.   I’m sure they’ll be putting up goofy shit  up again in Austin.  If we’re half smart, we can fake lease them some Lamar billboards for the Tailgate/wreath fund. 

5 hours ago, deft said:

And the first quote:

First, no disrespect towards the University of Arkansas. This is just directed towards the author of this article. When you use the word "cult" in reference to a school's cheers, or chants as you like to call them, you undermine your credibility. Every school has certain group cheers, and traditions. Certainly the Hog Call is an example of this. Now as for inferring from rumors, that Texas A&M would want to leave the SEC due to some form of jealousy or envy of the University of Texas, again this is an old narrative that show's lack of creativity in writing, and any insight on the matter of a possible re-alignment that has Texas A&M moving to the Big 10.
I am a fan of the SEC. It's a great conference. But so is the Big Ten. And if your state has more than one world class university, it would actually make more sense to have each school separated into the two big time athletic conferences. College Football is a business. In business, you want to have your product available in as many markets as possible. This is about what benefits the state of Texas. And it's about establishing connections from the state of Texas, to as many young people as possible. And having both of our world class universities distributed into each of these different areas of the country benefits the state of Texas as a whole.

Yes, aggy delusion needs to be banished to the midwest, rust-belt, American equivalent to Siberia along with Corn.

Perfect

22 hours ago, Blotto said:

The A&M portion of the montage should be Luicci and Sharp on opposite sides of a glory hole. Liucci pulls back, wipes his mouth off with his sleeve, and bellows "gig  em, ags" to which Sharp responds with a few girlish whoops and maybe a horse laugh for good measure. 

I'm pretty sure they would end up tongue tied instead.

35 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

You'd probably already know that if you spent less time in the Cloak Room mutual admiration society.

I can't figure out which part of this story is more absurd. 

a) the notion that lobo doesn't know what happened with billboardgate

or 

b) @SydneyCarton - the puppetmaster

Option B cracks me up every time. It all comes back like a weird fever dream at this point, over a decade later. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I can't figure out which part of this story is more absurd. 

a) the notion that lobo doesn't know what happened with billboardgate

or 

b) @SydneyCarton - the puppetmaster

Option B cracks me up every time. It all comes back like a weird fever dream at this point, over a decade later. 

First, nothing about Lobo should surprise anyone at this point.

Second:
200.gif?cid=790b76119j587l5j8yy9gdwyzrut

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I don't know who this Kent Smith dude is, but if he keeps this up he won't be getting an invite to this year's annual aggy sheep "dipping" fundraiser at the chicken. 

So, before diving into any specifics, this is a 99.9% no. Texas A&M isn't going anywhere. Of course, that 0.1% is still left open because they're the Aggies and there's always just a little bit of irrational cowardice tucked away in the psyche, especially if the Texas Longhorns are involved. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, deft said:

And if your state has more than one world class university, it would actually make more sense to have each school separated into the two big time athletic conferences. College Football is a business. In business, you want to have your product available in as many markets as possible. This is about what benefits the state of Texas. And it's about establishing connections from the state of Texas, to as many young people as possible. And having both of our world class universities distributed into each of these different areas of the country benefits the state of Texas as a whole.

Hay guise, we gotta do it for Texas like we always do. We are non the wurld over for sacrufiseing for everyone! Whhhoooppp!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

You'd probably already know that if you spent less time in the Cloak Room mutual admiration society.

Wait, they have a society over there?  You know I've always wanted a matching blazer.  

57 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

image.thumb.png.63e349ec8c7b36f3afa51430b13c503d.png

Maybe they meant 100 Reveille years.

I seem to remember another group of people who thought a 100 year decision was the way to go.. Ended up about as well as the A&M decision is going.

Addressing Rumors A&M Wants to Flee SEC Story ….

When did these 2 things happen? As far as I know, I haven’t been in a coma.

“They immediately reaped rewards as money to improve facilities helped them become the flagship of the Lone Star State” …… aggy is the flagship now ?

And 

“would be seen as a lateral move and a gutless act of fear of a Texas program over which Texas A&M has ruled for over a decade. “ aggy rules over us now?  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Genco said:

The B1G learned their lesson with Rutgers. They'll let the SEC keep Lone Star Fredo,

There was no lesson with Rutgers. B1G got exactly what they wanted with Rutgers and Maryland - east coast access. And not a single disruption to the old guard order by adding non-threatening programs.

Now that I think about it, aggy does offer a similar deal. Access to Texas and no threat to win anything. Of course, you can get that with a handful of other Texas schools and without the aggy baggage.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Game Cat FTW. Colored my stripes in black to be different than the 40 other kids that had them

s-l1200.webp

I had a pair of these in little league. Loved them. Thought they were the best looking cleats out there at the time.

Erin Hogan:

Career update: Just wanted to let everyone know that today was my last show on The Horn.   It’s been an incredible 15 year run, full of twists, turns, and challenges -- but it has also been an absolute blast, including the past 7 months working alongside the great, Rod Babers.

Going to ESPN radio.  102.7

• Hook 'Em 2