• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 12/10/2022 at 2:18 PM, Crapinon said:

Our pipe band had a Burns Dinner (Scottish Poet) two years ago, coming out of the Covid mess. I had picked up a UT face covering because a lot of people coming were older and we wanted to accommodate them and their concerns. We had a stranger show up who was in the Air Force. When he saw my covering he immediately started talking shit about UT as he announced he graduated as a corps member at Aggyland. I just ignored him because he was such a dweeb.      We had two young guys is our band, one who graduated VMI & the other, the Citadel. When dweeb boy found out, he immediately began to talk of their comraderies as graduates of military institutions. Later they both told me that it happens all the time. They also said every corps turd they met did the same thing and they were all as annoying as this guy was. They didn't think much of the corps of cadets and their military training. 

The aggy Corps is a running joke in the military world. Always has been. Always will be. When you're in ROTC, you know it's not at the level of the service academies, but it's still a real commitment beyond school. Every service branch and every school's ROTC units look down on the Corps and understand what a bunch of fake dress-up soldier bullshit it actually is. It's only the Corps Turds and aggy in general who don't understand the Corps's true place in the military hierarchy - which is to say that it's not in the military hierarchy at all.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 12/11/2022 at 10:23 AM, Eskimohorn said:

Marine Corps
Army
Navy
Air Force
Coast Guard
National Guard
Merchant Marine
ROTC
Space Force
Eagle Scout
Civil Air Patrol
Girl Scout
AGGY TURD
Webelo

... and NMMI in Roswell & MMI in Harlingen. Both more 'military' than aggy.

On 12/11/2022 at 11:42 AM, Pimphand said:

To be fair to aggy they do talk about it all the time primarily because they have played 83 seasons without playing for one since.

They are like Willam in Mallrats looking for the sailboat that everyone else can see

:ot: You should see him now. Totally jacked.

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I would like to see some stats on the number of UT ROTC members that get commissioned each year compared to the number of aggy cosplay members that do.

I recall back in the day if a UT student who was also in ROTC failed out of school, he would be immediately inducted into boot camp and serve out as an enlisted man.

Happened to a friend of mine in Navy ROTC and he would up on the Destroyer USS Turner Joy at the Gulf of Tonkin “incident” in 1964.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

I recall back in the day if a UT student who was also in ROTC failed out of school, he would be immediately inducted into boot camp and serve out as an enlisted man.

Happened to a friend of mine in Navy ROTC and he would up on the Destroyer USS Turner Joy at the Gulf of Tonkin “incident” in 1964.

Yea, a guy I knew during my second round at Texas was in Marine ROTC. He flunked out and went to boot camp.

10 hours ago, wood said:

The aggy Corps is a running joke in the military world. Always has been. Always will be. When you're in ROTC, you know it's not at the level of the service academies, but it's still a real commitment beyond school. Every service branch and every school's ROTC units look down on the Corps and understand what a bunch of fake dress-up soldier bullshit it actually is. It's only the Corps Turds and aggy in general who don't understand the Corps's true place in the military hierarchy - which is to say that it's not in the military hierarchy at all.

Man oh man…..RD would really like to elaborate on this….not sure where he is though.

Over $110 million for the Jimbo Fisher fiasco. Stunning even by Aggie standards.

The tweet says "winning more games." If he can pull down 6 next year, he's golden. Then 7 after that. The Aggies can say they see improvement instead of admitting they don't have the money to pay him. 

Plus, you're just paying to get rid of a bad coach with nothing like a guarantee that the next coach will be much better. It's a crap shoot with any coach they have a shot at hiring.

They're dead in the water with no bench and no significant inflow of talent. No linebackers. One QB. Thin secondary. Thin receiving corps even if very talented.

Such a pleasing overturning of their smug belief that the world would now fear them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

These fucking tiny dick losers can't help but jump at any opportunity to tell the world how great they (think they) are.  Maybe I've just had a day but this one pisses me the fuck off.

Leach record against aggy:  9-3.  4-2 @ Carnegie Hall.  Fucking losers. 

Only fucking aggy would try to self- promote after the passing of a coach that absolutely owned them on the field and clowned them mercilessly verbally. Much of his humor was way over their heads though..  Of course he loved Kyle Field, he might have the highest winning % there of any coach. 

I'd love to see the full quote for context of what they cherry-picked above...if it happened at all. 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

Mike Leach loved beating aggy more than UT and he’s stated that over the decades, based on their “false persona” of being a military school.

Only aggy, and aggy alone, believes in their “Fish Tale” of military supremacy of decades gone by. Coach Leach saw the truth and publicly put them in their place verbally, then a majority of his teams kicked their butt on the field (scoreboard) too!

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Mike Leach loved beating aggy more than UT and he’s stated that over the decades, based on their “false persona” of being a military school.

Only aggy, and aggy alone, believes in their “Fish Tale” of military supremacy of decades gone by. Coach Leach saw the truth and publicly put them in their place verbally, then a majority of his teams kicked their butt on the field (scoreboard) too!

Hook’em!

I absolutely adore Leach ( see his thrrad) but let's be honest here, he only beat Texas twice in 10 tries. It is true that the 2008 game (along with other shenanigans) definitely cost Texas another title and may be the most gut-wrenching loss in my Longhorn fandom which began in 1977. But he had far greater success against aggy and reveled in tweaking them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 40acredropout said:

These fucking tiny dick losers can't help but jump at any opportunity to tell the world how great they (think they) are.  Maybe I've just had a day but this one pisses me the fuck off.

How do you get to Carnegie hall? Practice [beating the fuck out of those motherfucking nut grabbing goobers]. — Mike leach, in my dreams tonight.

6 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Only fucking aggy would try to self- promote after the passing of a coach that absolutely owned them on the field and clowned them mercilessly verbally. Much of his humor was way over their heads though..  Of course he loved Kyle Field, he might have the highest winning % there of any coach. 

I'd love to see the full quote for context of what they cherry-picked above...if it happened at all. 

He did say that... And like always, he wasn't praising aggy, he was mocking them.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Looks like they have hit the catch 22 part of the ride. Are they even going to have 60 players on scholarship next season? Jimbo gonna need to fill up on some bread

What is he even trying to say? If depth guys leave, how he replaces them will be crucial?

Wouldn’t it be more crucial if it were starters leaving?

Meaningless drivel. 

1 minute ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

What is he even trying to say? If depth guys leave, how he replaces them will be crucial?

Wouldn’t it be more crucial if it were starters leaving?

Meaningless drivel. 

It probably sounds smart to his ag followers, and that's all that matters.  Keep the rubes on the hook paying $9.95 indefinitely.

Was coming here to post that. How embarrassing. How “aggy.”
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Deej said:

And since they didn't make a bowl, they can't start winning more games until next Fall. 

This is a good place to bring this up: This year is the second year in a row that aggy missed a bowl game. (We all remember how they pussied out last year because they were scared of Wake-fucking-Forest.) 

The reason this is important is because that's 30 permissible practices those cowards have missed out on--15 of them voluntarily. One of the primary reasons that even a piss-ant bowl is important is the extra practices a team has to get ready for the next season--especially now with all the opt-outs. Bowl practices allow you to get some work in for your future starters to augment spring practice. Sure is a shame they're missing out . . .

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Royale with cheese said:

This is a good place to bring this up: This year is the second year in a row that aggy missed a bowl game. (We all remember how they pussied out last year because they were scared of Wake-fucking-Forest.) 

The reason this is important is because that's 30 permissible practices those cowards have missed out on--15 of them voluntarily. One of the primary reasons that even a piss-ant bowl is important is the extra practices a team has to get ready for the next season--especially now with all the opt-outs. Bowl practices allow you to get some work in for your future starters to augment spring practice. Sure is a shame they're missing out . . .

At some point, the sleeping giant has to catch up on his sleep.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

I don’t keep up on all the Texas stuff but wasn’t he making fun of them when he said that?

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I’d trade a few of these new joints around here to get Gumby’s back.

I liked Gumby's for value (the 5 Giant pizzas for $20 or whatever it was was awesome!), but I always thought Pizza Classics was much better pizza.

5 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I don’t keep up on all the Texas stuff but wasn’t he making fun of them when he said that?

Yes. He was always making fun of them.

• Hook 'Em 1