Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

Yeah, I'm a dumbass. Typed USC twice instead of including tOSU.  To clarify, UT, OU, ND, Mich, tOSU, USC, bama.  The 7 blue bloods, imo. 

Ou a blue blood? Pshaw. 

They are cheating trailer trash sister fuckers, man. Get it together. 

Riley is not going to stop recruiting Texas. He will swing for Top Recruits wherever he can get them. He could convince Californians to commit to Norman, Oklahoma. Pipe dream to think he will close shop on recruiting Top Texas recruits just because he is in LA. If anything, apart from distance, it just got easier.

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Haha Norman is a shit hole but so is LA. I wouldn’t stop to take a fucking shit in LA much less live there. It makes me laugh at how people think LA is sooooo cool because of Hollywood. Fuck that entire shit hole of a state.

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

OK > California is quite possibly the worst take I’ve ever read. Y’all are fucking idiots. No offense.

Yeah, state vs state? California wins.

But Los Angeles? Absolute shithole.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

top college corches work a shit tonne of hours they are not out and about doing all the "cool kids shit" wherever they live

people say LR is worth $25 or $30 million maybe, but that is probably going to generate him an income of less than $900,000 with the tax rates in California

Tell me you're really bad at math without telling me you're really, really, really bad at math.

Either that or you like writing dystopian fiction.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Fans will spin it as running away and ESPN will feed it. But, I mean, how many of us would not take a massive pay increase, easier job, and better location? To win a NC he’s still going to have to go through the SEC (or a team that has) in the playoff system.

He'll just be doing it two hours later.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

The vast majority of people who have a negative view of Southern California are dumb fucking rednecks who have never been there.

Oh, there's some absolute godforsaken places in SoCal. Once you hit the Eastern halves of the counties, it's basically Oklahoma with mountains. I've seen people bearing neo-nazi regalia openly in Riverside. I mean, you want redneck, SoCal has your rednecks.

But then on the other hand there's La Jolla... La Jolla women, man.

• Hook 'Em 1

Riley is not going to stop recruiting Texas. He will swing for Top Recruits wherever he can get them. He could convince Californians to commit to Norman, Oklahoma. Pipe dream to think he will close shop on recruiting Top Texas recruits just because he is in LA. If anything, apart from distance, it just got easier.
Bringing in recruits to the glamour and hype, plus the hotties at USC he will have an even easier time recruiting than he did trying to get kids to go to Norman.

I used to travel to San Diego at least once a month for work and loved it.  La Jolla and the coastal towns all have their plusses.  Heading inland was like a DFW suburb with better weather.  There are bad parts of any major city but I don't think a guy with a multimillion dollar salary will be living in those places.

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Oh, there's some absolute godforsaken places in SoCal. Once you hit the Eastern halves of the counties, it's basically Oklahoma with mountains. I've seen people bearing neo-nazi regalia openly in Riverside. I mean, you want redneck, SoCal has your rednecks.

Sure. 

But I’m more than fairly certain that Lincoln Riley, with his $10mm+ salary (or whatever crazy number it’s gonna be) won’t be in those parts.

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Lincoln Riley won’t be living in those places.  He’ll be living in the good places, which are very nice.  I enjoy every trip I take to Cali, and it’s because I stay in the right places.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

In 90 minutes, you can be in Yosemite from Fresno. From Tulsa, you’re in OKC.

In 3 hours, you’re in Monterrey from Fresno. In Tulsa, you’re in bumfuck Kansas.

We’re also 3.5 hours from Dallas, so we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

You can find something good and bad about practically every state besides Oklahoma. Ive been through Oklahoma numerous times. Thinking back here’s what sticks out the most to me: as previously stated- paintings on the interstate letting you know what one you’re on, a shit ton of love truck stops, the OKC bombing site and the water tower in Moore saying it’s home to Toby Keith

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

You can find something good and bad about practically every state besides Oklahoma. Ive been through Oklahoma numerous times. Thinking back here’s what sticks out the most to me: as previously stated- paintings on the interstate letting you know what one you’re on, a shit ton of love truck stops, the OKC bombing site and the water tower in Moore letting saying it’s home to Toby Keith

And what about the bad parts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, F250 said:

Having watched both Beverly Hills 90210 and Entourage, I am a bit of an expert on the Hollywood/Beverly Hills lifestyle and I have to say the USC job from a lifestyle perspective is in another galaxy compared to living in Norman.

It comes down to chilling with Snoop Dogg or Toby Keith.

You can choose this.

bd7feb3f693c0994519a73698ed3b326.jpg

Or this.

efeaeab9319b012ffd0998de16a3da9a.jpg

I can't see if the Mobilehoma cheerleader has any teeth from that picture, but I'm betting some are missing.  Lulz.

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

LR must be scared of having to compete with Sark and Co. for the foreseeable future…

I’ll see myself out.

LR will find a way to correct it, and it's not a feature that needs any special attention (being at USC), but right now, Sark has greater pull on west-coast talent than Lincoln ever could sniff.

Once Sark rights the ship with talent, I'm looking forward to future skill position battles on recruiting out of AZ, NV, CA and WA.  

Lincon's pull from Texas and the Midwest will wane after a few classes.  The defense side of the ball brings chuckles, realizing BYU may eventually recruit Texas better than USC will, three years down the line.

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

You can find something good and bad about practically every state besides Oklahoma. Ive been through Oklahoma numerous times. Thinking back here’s what sticks out the most to me: as previously stated- paintings on the interstate letting you know what one you’re on, a shit ton of love truck stops, the OKC bombing site and the water tower in Moore saying it’s home to Toby Keith

So you’ve driven on the Interstates through Oklahoma? That does sound like you have a good knowledge of what’s here.

Most of the state is shitty and rural. No different than the many shitty rural areas of Texas or literally every other state in the union.

As for its urban areas, Oklahoma City a sprawling, flat mid-sized city with little natural beauty but it does have a few lively areas, and it has enough going on to have an NBA team.

Tulsa is a bit smaller mid-sized city but much more naturally beautiful than OKC that has developed more organically. The music and arts scene in Tulsa is decent for a city of its size.  Unless you’re a dipshit who is literally going out of your way to not have a good time, you can find fun things to do in both Tulsa and OKC.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

LR will find a way to correct it, and it's not a feature that needs any special attention (being at USC), but right now, Sark has greater pull on west-coast talent than Lincoln ever could sniff.

Once Sark rights the ship with talent, I'm looking forward to future skill position battles on recruiting out of AZ, NV, CA and WA.  

Lincon's pull from Texas and the Midwest will wane after a few classes.  The defense side of the ball brings chuckles, realizing BYU may eventually recruit Texas better than USC will, three years down the line.

paul rudd crack vials of smiles GIF by Anchorman Movie

What annoys me is that Riley is doing the right thing for USC. Going there early and getting shit together, and ready for recruiting at USC.

Not waiting until after the season like dumbfuck sark who was doing the right thing for Alabama and the wrong thing for Texas.
Uhh...Riley has no reason to stick around, Sark had a championship game.
  • Like 1