Music City Bowl: Fake UT vs. Purdue on ESPN Now

AUS-97HORN

1 minute ago, WBT said:

I mean the guy was stopped for a non-infinitesimal amount of time before he reached the ball out.  It's a judgment call when to rule the play dead for player protection.

Meh…. Player protection should only account for the first 3.5 qtrs. Deathball rules apply when game on the line. Gotta let that one run it’s course IMO 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, ATXbronco said:

The TD didn't count because of when the Ref "decided" the play ended, rather than when they whistled it?!?

Refs wanna go home early.

learn the rules,  forward progress being rules automatically kills any review.   This has been the case for 20 years.    

this same scenario has played out probably 100+ times , it sucks but its the god damned rule

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, ATXbronco said:

The TD didn't count because of when the Ref "decided" the play ended, rather than when they whistled it?!?

Refs wanna go home early.

Gonna have to take the back roads, surprised Utenn fans aren't throwing shit onto the field.  

I get that you can’t challenge the rule. But his forward progress was never stopped. It’s a shitty call that cost them the game. But then again so did fat fuck heupel’s play calling at the end of the 4th.

That was some shitty play calling.

Had no idea he was that fat and old looking

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I get that you can’t challenge the rule. But his forward progress was never stopped. It’s a shitty call that cost them the game. But then again so did fat fuck heupel’s play calling at the end of the 4th.

We've been fucked plenty of times from refs ruling that our forward progress was stopped.  And it seems like the only times they allow the play to progress, we end up coughing the ball up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

It’s a dumb rule, but it was stopped. A player on either side was pulling in opposite directions, his arm/body was completely still. When the ref starts running in, he put out his arm. 

Any way, still a dumb rule. 

4 minutes ago, Droopy said:

It’s a dumb rule, but it was stopped. A player on either side was pulling in opposite directions, his arm/body was completely still. When the ref starts running in, he put out his arm. 

Any way, still a dumb rule. 

Exactly this. He reached the ball out after his progress was stopped. 

Going for it on 4th down multiple times in OT when in FG range, you're taking chances anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

We've been fucked plenty of times from refs ruling that our forward progress was stopped.  And it seems like the only times they allow the play to progress, we end up coughing the ball up.

ISU would probably disagree.  😃

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Exactly this. He reached the ball out after his progress was stopped. 

Going for it on 4th down multiple times in OT when in FG range, you're taking chances anyway.

Yeah, I could see the first 4th down but #2 should have taken the points. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

Lol. Suck it SEC

21 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

For sure.

At least until Texas is officially in. 

Nah, always fuck the SEC, their shit schools, and their inbred fan bases.

They represent the dregs of America. Willfully ignorant morons. Fuck ‘em!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

And we’re joining them !!!

I still would rather join the PAC-12.

Second Choice would be stay in the Big 12(14) and be the premier Basketball Conference in the country while being the 1st? 2nd? …or 3rd best football conference in the country spanning 3 time zones and getting 2-3 teams into the expanded 12 team college football playoff that will likely limit any conference’s participation to at most 3 colleges.

SEC with have to have #2s in each division play each other to be the possible 3rd team included in the playoff. No way are other conferences going to allow the SEC more than 3 teams after the bullshit that they pulled by luring Texas & OU to the conference. 

Edited by Napoleon

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Second Choice would be stay in the Big 12(14) and be the premier Basketball Conference in the country while being the 1st? 2nd? …or 3rd best football conference in the country spanning 3 time zones and getting 2-3 teams into the expanded 12 team college football playoff that will likely limit any conference’s participation to at most 3 colleges.

SEC with have to have #2s in each division play each other to be the possible 3rd team included in the playoff. No way are other conferences going to allow the SEC more than 3 teams after the bullshit that they pulled by luring Texas & OU to the conference. 

There is a LONG ass thread for these kinds of posts

• Hook 'Em 5

56 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Interesting. It occurred to me while watching President Hartzell’s grilling by state legislators earlier this year, that one of them may have actually had a good point. Even to the casual observer, the Sec is a collection of mediocre teams with two or three really good teams in any given year. It is not unlike what the Big 12 was during the early to mid 2000s which was led by an eventual national champion TEXAS and included other regularly ranked team. Now, to the legislators point: if Texas is really all that, and wields the kind of power and influence with which it likes to be associated, why wouldn’t it  lead the effort to support a Big 12 infrastructure that could compete with the Sec? A Big 12 with perennial powers UT and OU and occasional strong challengers like OSU, Baylor, Tech, Nebraska and A&M could have been the Sec’s equal. 

I thought the legislator’s question was much better than the answer.