--> Jump to content

Joe Biden 2022


Longboard Horn

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

the message was sent to putin. we're ok with you being replaced and us troops are ready to deploy (especially if you use chemical or nuclear weapons)

your move cupcake 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Telling the world war criminal needs to be removed >>>>> shoving some poor sap out of the way for photo op.  
When Lindsey Graham said this a couple of weeks ago during an interview on Fox, the left exploded with outrage. Yesterday, the President of the United States said the same thing and now it is OK. This is a perfect example of the hypocritical left.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lindsey Graham? Lindsey Graham?  That same “you can use my words against me” regarding SC appointments Lindsey Graham?  That same Lindsey Graham that said he was out on Trump only to fall back on his knees in front of Trump days later Lindsey Graham?  Boy, you gots to do better than Lindsey Graham when it comes to chiding anyone about hypocrisy.  FOH with that nonsense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ, you're too smart for this bullshit.
Or maybe you aren't.
 

I guess I’m not. When he goes off script and the WH has to issue clarification on something like this, it’s a pretty big issue. And it happened a few times on this trip. I wouldn’t have even noticed if the twitter machine didn’t have two completely polar opposite reactions. On one hand we had the media opinion writers attempting to compare it to “tear down this wall” and then the right wingers saying he was going to start ww3. When the Wh comms felt the need to clarify, I knew it was a fuck up. And it undermines the president, a bad look I’d say.

That doesn’t make him worse than trump. You won’t be betraying your values admitting that he’s fucking up. And you don’t even have to caveat every time he does something poorly with “at least he’s not trump”, that’s a given.
  • Hook 'Em 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, cabowabo said:
15 hours ago, Underdog said:
Telling the world war criminal needs to be removed >>>>> shoving some poor sap out of the way for photo op.  

When Lindsey Graham said this a couple of weeks ago during an interview on Fox, the left exploded with outrage. Yesterday, the President of the United States said the same thing and now it is OK. This is a perfect example of the hypocritical left.


The opinion of a gay American doesn’t move Putin’s meter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cabowabo said:
15 hours ago, Underdog said:
Telling the world war criminal needs to be removed >>>>> shoving some poor sap out of the way for photo op.  

When Lindsey Graham said this a couple of weeks ago during an interview on Fox, the left exploded with outrage. Yesterday, the President of the United States said the same thing and now it is OK. This is a perfect example of the hypocritical left.

You’re full of shit. Nobody cheered Biden’s comment and the White House later “walked back” that comment (and a couple others). You’re going to get some verbal gaffes with Biden. That’s who he is. Until he says something so brain dead stupid as suggesting we should inject disinfectant as a means of fighting the coronavirus, none of you dumbass Trumpkins have a leg to stand on. So go fuck yourself.

Oh, and are you talking about this Lindsey Graham?

And this Lindsey Graham?

Go to hell.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Cement said:

Enjoy the midterms libs.

And if NBC says it's 40%, Biden's real approval rating is probably more like 25-30%.

Tell us that all you do is play teams and can’t articulate a single reason why you support who you do without telling us. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going off script to suggest we are demanding regime change in Russia is kind of a big gaffe.  He’s obviously not as bad as Trump - either in terms of word salad or in terms of subverting democracy and what have you - but he’s a still older and more of a blowhard than would be ideal.

Sure, agreed in general. Whole body of work, he’s more or less been the mediocre president I and a huge portion of Biden voters expected.

But to say a couple of one sentence speech gaffes from a jet lagged 109 year old make it a “bad trip” is silly given the larger context of the visit and the fact that he’s managed the situation with a level of competence that would be literally unfathomable from his immediate predecessor, and frankly beyond either of the other two presidents of this century as well.

When Lindsey Graham said this a couple of weeks ago during an interview on Fox, the left exploded with outrage. Yesterday, the President of the United States said the same thing and now it is OK. This is a perfect example of the hypocritical left.

Lmao this is a bit right? Or a paid troll sort of deal? You can’t actually be serious with this comparison can you?
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Joe Biden gave his best speech yesterday. In case you missed it:
 

 

Agreed and there’s growing consensus about that being the case.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always find it funny that people complain about staff clarifying something Biden says when people had to do it all the time for Trump, or would just excuse whatever stupid shit Trump had just vomited out, with he was joking or trolling the libs.

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jhawkmvp said:

I always find it funny that people complain about staff clarifying something Biden says when people had to do it all the time for Trump, or would just excuse whatever stupid shit Trump had just vomited out, with he was joking or trolling the libs.

Party of “alternative facts.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or like when he referred to a crowd of nothing but nazis holding flaming tiki torches as very fine people and they spent years angrily pretending that he was talking about other people and we intentionally misconstrued it.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Or like when he referred to a crowd of nothing but nazis holding flaming tiki torches as very fine people (on both sides) and they spent years angrily pretending that he was talking about other people and we intentionally misconstrued it.

C'mon, man, get it right.  He was being generous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every time he gets up to ask a question and Psaki or Biden deflate Doocy it reminds me of Matt Damon's character in Ocean's Eleven. Peter is just so sure he can do this...he's got the right hard hitting question this time. He's going to show up his old man, Steve.....nope, foiled again Peter.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

With respect to Biden's proposal on taxing unrealized gains, I read this blurb:

Quote

“In effect, the Billionaire Minimum Income Tax payments are a prepayment of tax obligations these households will owe when they later realize their gains,” the White House said. “This approach means that the very wealthiest Americans pay taxes as they go, just like everyone else, and eliminates the inefficient sheltering of income for decades or generations.”

Does this mean that if later, there are no gains to realize or less than prepaid (in a loss or total loss scenario), the tax payor receives a refund?

If so, I can see this being at least meeting a minimum threshold where it wouldn't be completely irrational for Democratic lawmakers to vote for it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-26/biden-to-propose-20-tax-aimed-at-billionaires-unrealized-gains

Edited by TurkeyChew
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2022 at 10:40 PM, tx 3 putt said:

the message was sent to putin. we're ok with you being replaced and us troops are ready to deploy (especially if you use chemical or nuclear weapons)

your move cupcake 

right? it put Putin into even more of a corner. fucking pussies in this country. oh no! don't get little Vladdy mad! as someone else smarter than me already pointed out, if Russian wants to fuck around they will find out why the US doesn't have universal healthcare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

right? it put Putin into even more of a corner. fucking pussies in this country. oh no! don't get little Vladdy mad! as someone else smarter than me already pointed out, if Russian wants to fuck around they will find out why the US doesn't have universal healthcare.


surly maga prefer the president send Putin a love letter after sucking him off 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:


surly maga prefer the president send Putin a love letter after sucking him off 

It has nothing to do with the gaffe (which was cool and good) but everything to do with the gaffer (who is on the opposite team must be punished for his gaffe because it benefits the other team).

Add a sprinkle of "Gaffe's are unPresidential and he's a fool" from the right and "But, Trump was so worse that I will literally defend anything Biden does as long as he doesn't 1/6" on the left, and you have American politics in 2022.

2002: It's political battles over everythang.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TurkeyChew said:

It has nothing to do with the gaffe (which was cool and good) but everything to do with the gaffer (who is on the opposite team must be punished for his gaffe because it benefits the other team).

Add a sprinkle of "Gaffe's are unPresidential and he's a fool" from the right and "But, Trump was so worse that I will literally defend anything Biden does as long as he doesn't 1/6" on the left, and you have American politics in 2022.

2002: It's political battles over everythang.

i find it amusing your typo was the one year since the w-gore election to get it most wrong...when, up until the iraq war drums started really heating up, things were about as unified as they have ever been since.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember 8 years of "Obama is such a poor extemporaneous speaker that he always uses a teleprompter".  Never mind the countless situations where he proved his ability to speak off the cuff, the myth was pervasive.

Nobody can speak with utter clarity or zero contradictions or no "gaffes" 100% of the time.  I don't consider the Putin remark a "gaffe", regardless, and I don't think the White House should have tried to diminish it after the fact.  But, it happened.  It's unfortunate.  They should have just let it lie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I remember 8 years of "Obama is such a poor extemporaneous speaker that he always uses a teleprompter".  Never mind the countless situations where he proved his ability to speak off the cuff, the myth was pervasive.

Nobody can speak with utter clarity or zero contradictions or no "gaffes" 100% of the time.  I don't consider the Putin remark a "gaffe", regardless, and I don't think the White House should have tried to diminish it after the fact.  But, it happened.  It's unfortunate.  They should have just let it lie.

Every President since teleprompters were invented used a teleprompter. Criticizing Obama for using one was just code for saying the black guy is dumb. 

  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

With respect to Biden's proposal on taxing unrealized gains, I read this blurb:

Does this mean that if later, there are no gains to realize or less than prepaid (in a loss or total loss scenario), the tax payor receives a refund?

If so, I can see this being at least meeting a minimum threshold where it wouldn't be completely irrational for Democratic lawmakers to vote for it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-26/biden-to-propose-20-tax-aimed-at-billionaires-unrealized-gains

I answered my own question today, I think, in that there isn't any wood behind the arrow of this "budget" because apparently this is largely symbolic and supposed to be an indication of what is important to the President. Some interesting detail about the proposal:

-- -- 

For Congress, the release of the budget, a largely symbolic document, is seen as little more than a suggestion from the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue. Still, it is an important accounting of the administration’s priorities, most notably that Biden appears to be focusing on smaller policy specifics instead of on the sweeping changes in his Build Back Better bill, which he has spent much of his time in office promoting but which was relegated to a footnote in the budget document.

If you don’t have time to comb through all 149 pages, here’s what you need to know about the budget:

Spending: The budget would bolster domestic spending by 7 percent from current levels, to roughly $1.6 trillion.

Taxes: It proposes raising tax rates for corporations and the wealthiest Americans, including a “Billionaire Minimum Income Tax,” which add up to a $2.5 trillion tax increase over a decade. And as DealBook reported, it also urges new restrictions on stock buybacks.

Defense: The administration asks for $773 billion in military spending, a nearly 10 percent increase and a reflection of threats like Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Cybersecurity is also a major security concern reflected in the budget.

Infrastructure: It calls for broad increases in funding for the Transportation Department to modernize roads, bridges, ports and public transit systems. The budget includes about $115 billion in funding that was part of the infrastructure bill passed by Congress last year.

Climate: It seeks $45 billion to address climate change — an increase of nearly $17 billion from the year before — for the five major agencies tasked with addressing environmental risks. The president also proposed $11 billion to help other countries hit hard by global warming.

Health: The administration asks for a major increase for the F.D.A.’s budget to prepare for another pandemic. The agency’s budget would rise by a third, to $8.4 billion.

Much, much more: There’s also a 21-percent increase in funding for education, new low-income housing vouchers, an 18-percent rise in spending on diplomatic programs, and a plan to modernize I.R.S. rules, including for crypto tax reporting.

Congressional responses to the budget largely fell along party lines. Democrats praised the emphasis on reducing the budget deficit. Republicans scoffed at proposed tax increases and warned that the proposals would do little to tame inflation. The president said his budget served a “bipartisan unity agenda.” And so begins another round of the arduous process of funding the government, which has become so fraught that the current fiscal year’s budget was approved only this month, too late to include as a basis for comparison for yesterday’s proposal for the next fiscal year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
 

He did it again. 431,000 jobs personally given to American citizens from ol 2scoopz this month. Revisions totaling 95k extra jobs that he was too shy too talk about in January and February (now 504k in Jan and 750k in Feb). It’s not just his sharpness and mental acuity that I love, it’s the humbleness and non braggadocios manner he gets this done. Name one job creator better than Joey.

 

0794966E-B820-49E2-8C48-E684E264EDB0.jpeg

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

The sanctions must be working because it's been hours since Hunter/Secret Service story and yet the TFG defenders aren't here crowing about it yet. Guess the deposits are taking 12 hours or more now

As of last week, the sanctions haven’t worked (Russian markets had completely bounced back from collapse after the war). I think it’s because the banning of importing Russian oil has been off the table and that’s the most important sanction. Lithuania (I know, not a big name) has announced a ban on Russian oil today and Biden expected to announce more sanctions.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

As of last week, the sanctions haven’t worked (Russian markets had completely bounced back from collapse after the war). I think it’s because the banning of importing Russian oil has been off the table and that’s the most important sanction. Lithuania (I know, not a big name) has announced a ban on Russian oil today and Biden expected to announce more sanctions.

Both the Moex and RTS indexes are down at levels not seen since the early days of the pandemic.  The ruble has bounced back, but that's because it is artifically being propped up by the Russian central bank.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Both the Moex and RTS indexes are down at levels not seen since the early days of the pandemic.  The ruble has bounced back, but that's because it is artifically being propped up by the Russian central bank.

Yes, the ruble I should have clarified. I read this from the AP: 

Russia’s ruble rebound raises questions of sanctions’ impact

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-putin-boris-johnson-business-global-trade-1250954224ec20034f166f1d27ce4576

Edited by TurkeyChew
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Again, Donald Trump prefers his steak well done with ketchup.

He eats his pizza with a fork. And sitting next to a brain dead bimbo (when neither his wife nor his daughter are available, apparently). 

Donald-Trump-Pizza.jpg

It takes both hands for him to drink a glass of water.

GettyImages-894923944.jpg?1522938353

He hosted a fucking fast food banquet at the White House.

53F354DD-EFF6-4B88-AF7B-E0A9CCC14EB7.thumb.png.9cabeb9f32304a30aeb7c55229666f61.png

None of you white trash Trump supporters ever get to criticize how anyone eats or drinks, ever. Go crawl back under your rock and eat your processed chicken nuggets with bland sauce. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't even realize the pizza thing was real until I watched that video.

I don't even know what to think about people who would weaponize such a thing -- I would absolutely like to see Sean Hannity try to eat a raw jalapeno.  He'd fold after bite one.

What a world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't even know what to think about people who would weaponize such a thing

They’ve been doing it since Obama was President. It’s a simple formula. It goes like this:

1. Let X = what the Democratic President did today. 
2. Go on TV and express outrage over X.

Thats it. Any child could follow that recipe. And any viewer with the intellect of a child finds it easy to consume. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Ă—
Ă—
  • Create New...